Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

17 hours ago, Jt buckets said:

I doubt it Frankfort hasn’t been known for doing that. I think he will turn Frankfort around but, I also think if he get the job how long would he truly stay. If BE wouldn’t have went to Lafayette and complained he would still be there. So how long will he really stay before y’all looking for a new coach again?   Find y’all a coach that’s there for the long run.  

Anybody can say they are "in for the long run" but that really comes down to lip service.  IF you get someone that turns the program around and bigger programs come calling....well they did some darn good stuff for your program.  Hiring the best candidate is what will help the program.  Worry about whether they stay for years to come or not later.  

• Like 3

Atchley can flat coach and has proven to be able to build and turn programs around.  I don't know about all the classroom issues that he has had in the past but his work on the field is impressive.  I believe people deserve second chances and deserve the right to admit mistakes and change their ways.  If he can do that then I'm not sure how long he stays at Frankfort but if you can keep him for a few years and let him get things going you will be in a better place than you were before he started for the next coach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Praying this isnt a "Foley 2.0" kind of deal...🙄

Interested to understand what you mean by this?

I have consistently heard Foley did a good job at Frankfort .... Is that wrong? (I understand he was given a choice to resign or not be renewed ... Just sounds like you don't want another coach like Foley)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Atchley can flat coach and has proven to be able to build and turn programs around.  I don't know about all the classroom issues that he has had in the past but his work on the field is impressive.  I believe people deserve second chances and deserve the right to admit mistakes and change their ways.  If he can do that then I'm not sure how long he stays at Frankfort but if you can keep him for a few years and let him get things going you will be in a better place than you were before he started for the next coach.

I agree on the second chances,  but I'm curious to what word he used to get fired because if you lose your job over foul language its usually something big.  

1 minute ago, gbballfan21 said:

I have consistently heard Foley did a good job at Frankfort .... Is that wrong? (I understand he was given a choice to resign or not be renewed ... Just sounds like you don't want another coach like Foley)

I liked Foley, I thought if we were gonna go in a different direction as it was told to him, we should have let him coach his 20th season and have him in the whole process of finding his predecessor. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jt buckets said:

I agree on the second chances,  but I'm curious to what word he used to get fired because if you lose your job over foul language its usually something big.  

From the letter he wrote to Lafayette, it seemed like he decided to step away from them..?

14 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

I guess what I'm wondering is Does he have a Staff coming in with him?

Frankfort has about 150 boys in the school that has about 300 kids. Resources at Frankfort are limited. From what I hear Foley wasn’t perfect. But the man left as the schools All time winningest coach 12 district titles, 2 regional titles, 2 Semi-final appearances. Won 68% of the games he coached. 
In between Raymond Webb and Foley they had 3 head coaches and Zero winning seasons. 

I would say many High School Coaches would like that run. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

Frankfort has about 150 boys in the school that has about 300 kids. Resources at Frankfort are limited. From what I hear Foley wasn’t perfect. But the man left as the schools All time winningest coach 12 district titles, 2 regional titles, 2 Semi-final appearances. Won 68% of the games he coached. 
In between Raymond Webb and Foley they had 3 head coaches and Zero winning seasons. 

Foley did a lot with the cards he was dealt he was a very good coach. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

I thought Coach Thacker had wining seasons when he was the HC at Frankfort?