Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

7 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

How can he have a good resume if he played at K-State, didn't finish the year at Franklin County, and spent 1 season as a freshman coach at Scott County?  I have heard of some other names that applied and interviewed that have resumes that blow this out of the water if his only varsity season was a leaving halfway through the year.  Heck there were more qualified candidates than the person they supposedly offered the job to who ended up at Shelby County and some of the fan base there doesn't seem happy with that hire.  

He coached 1 1/2 at Franklin and has been a varsity assistant at Scott co along with coaching freshman since h left.  

I understand people having "resumes" but sometimes it just about having a good fit. Looking at the Shelby guy he could be a good fit for them. Look at hire levels of football young guys are having success. Look at Sean Mcvey there were guys with better resumes then him and look what he did with the rams. just cause u have a great resume don't always mean you fit. 

Frankfort has to worry about what guys fit their program and not worry about the guy.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jt buckets said:

He coached 1 1/2 at Franklin and has been a varsity assistant at Scott co along with coaching freshman since h left.  

I understand people having "resumes" but sometimes it just about having a good fit. Looking at the Shelby guy he could be a good fit for them. Look at hire levels of football young guys are having success. Look at Sean Mcvey there were guys with better resumes then him and look what he did with the rams. just cause u have a great resume don't always mean you fit. 

Frankfort has to worry about what guys fit their program and not worry about the guy.. 

I wouldn't compare to many people with a guy like Mcvay who many people knew was one of the brightest offensive minds in football who comes from a coaching tree that has a lot of current NFL head coaches that are all successful right now.  I agree that fit is important but at some point so is coaching.  Talking in a interview and drawing cool plays on a whiteboard is awesome but it is much different on a Friday Night on the sidelines. A head coach with little to no play calling experience is going to struggle to manage a game unless they are able to bring in an OC and DC.

• Like 1

Little know fact McVay, wasn’t exactly a guy that worked from the bottom up. He grandfather was a NFL coach. He was also the 49’s GM in the 80s. He had some doors opened for him. Granted he’s done great and on his was to a gold jacket. But he did have some help along the way. 

Anyways Fit wise….Menifee would fit Frankfort. Coach B, I love him. That’s a hard fit. FIS is a different beast. 

17 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

I wouldn't compare to many people with a guy like Mcvay who many people knew was one of the brightest offensive minds in football who comes from a coaching tree that has a lot of current NFL head coaches that are all successful right now.  I agree that fit is important but at some point so is coaching.  Talking in a interview and drawing cool plays on a whiteboard is awesome but it is much different on a Friday Night on the sidelines. A head coach with little to no play calling experience is going to struggle to manage a game unless they are able to bring in an OC and DC.

I completely get that, and I'm not comparing him to his stature. I'm saying that young coaches have proverb they can turn things around.  they  could just be the foundation and structure that is needed and other coaches could coordinate. Honestly a successful program is just about having the right leadership.   The Menifee guy has played colligate football under NFL coaches,  has been under Eddie James, and Jim McKee. He has most likely learned a lot from both what to do and what not to do,  and most likely can reference them for questions ideas etc.   I just believe its more about he fit and making kids buy into something more than X's and O's a lot of winning programs do basic things, kids just believe in what they are doing. 

6 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

What is the culture of the program? 

Primarily African American athletes, single parent house holds. Talented as all get out but have struggled with structure and discipline. Maybe having a coach that knows that culture and has made it out of that can help them. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jt buckets said:

As far as the FC stuff.. someone has a skewed view of what actually took place there.. Now I do forget things at times as we know.. but anyways moving on. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jt buckets said:

Primarily African American athletes, single parent house holds. Talented as all get out but have struggled with structure and discipline. Maybe having a coach that knows that culture and has made it out of that can help them. 

What type of coach knows that culture?

1 hour ago, zoneblitz24 said:

How can he have a good resume if he played at K-State, didn't finish the year at Franklin County, and spent 1 season as a freshman coach at Scott County?  I have heard of some other names that applied and interviewed that have resumes that blow this out of the water if his only varsity season was a leaving halfway through the year.  Heck there were more qualified candidates than the person they supposedly offered the job to who ended up at Shelby County and some of the fan base there doesn't seem happy with that hire.  

Not all may have had a proper paperwork far as cover letter, introduction, letter from the principal of the high school. Remember they want this coach coming in to be in the school and the co-sign by a coach such as McKee… says alot.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jt buckets said:

I completely get that, and I'm not comparing him to his stature. I'm saying that young coaches have proverb they can turn things around.  they  could just be the foundation and structure that is needed and other coaches could coordinate. Honestly a successful program is just about having the right leadership.   The Menifee guy has played colligate football under NFL coaches,  has been under Eddie James, and Jim McKee. He has most likely learned a lot from both what to do and what not to do,  and most likely can reference them for questions ideas etc.   I just believe its more about he fit and making kids buy into something more than X's and O's a lot of winning programs do basic things, kids just believe in what they are doing. 

There are young coaches that have applied and interviewed for this job that resumes that blow some of the people being mentioned for this job out of the water.  Leadership is important but you have to be able to coach and TEACH the game to kids.  I could care less if a guy played at the next level or the NFL.  It does not mean that you can teach and coach the game of football to 14-18 year old kids.  The programs who just do basic things and win at a high level have the players to do that.  Knowing how to adjust your scheme to fit what players you have and make adjustments weekly and in game is how you win.  I'm not buying that a guy who was under Eddie James for a year and a half and walked out mid season because of a disagreement then spent one year under McKee as a freshman coach is ready to be a head coach of a varsity football team.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

There are young coaches that have applied and interviewed for this job that resumes that blow some of the people being mentioned for this job out of the water.  Leadership is important but you have to be able to coach and TEACH the game to kids.  I could care less if a guy played at the next level or the NFL.  It does not mean that you can teach and coach the game of football to 14-18 year old kids.  The programs who just do basic things and win at a high level have the players to do that.  Knowing how to adjust your scheme to fit what players you have and make adjustments weekly and in game is how you win.  I'm not buying that a guy who was under Eddie James for a year and a half and walked out mid season because of a disagreement then spent one year under McKee as a freshman coach is ready to be a head coach of a varsity football team.  

Such as...🙄

1 minute ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Such as...🙄

Names don't have to be dropped all the time.  Coaches don't want their names being thrown around all the time as trying to leave their jobs unless they like the attention.  This is probably the reason why Frankfort is struggling to hire somebody because the guys who interviewed don't want to be the 3rd or 4th choice by a committee.  If they are smart they turn the job down because half the people who hired you probably didn't like you or didn't want you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Names don't have to be dropped all the time.  Coaches don't want their names being thrown around all the time as trying to leave their jobs unless they like the attention.  This is probably the reason why Frankfort is struggling to hire somebody because the guys who interviewed don't want to be the 3rd or 4th choice by a committee.  If they are smart they turn the job down because half the people who hired you probably didn't like you or didn't want you.

...I guess, just the ones I seen wouldn't consider them "young" but you may know more then I do.