Open Job: Frankfort

TheDeuce

2 hours ago, csafootball said:

If people/fans/whoever are curious as to why they stopped playing, instead of speculating call the former coach and ask. 

I don’t need to ask him I know… it’s called sour grapes. My biggest issue with that is how the series ended…. The main point is dishonesty is dishonesty, our seniors got one less game that year thanks to the previous coach. It will never be okay in my books  to not fulfill the home and home. Years after that it is what it is…

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I didn't say he was anybody's property, just pointing out that at least at some point he lived in the FIS district, I don't pretend to know his exact situation. 

If he (or any player) lived in the FIS district and decided to go play at Franklin County, that is an FIS problem, not an FC one. More power to FC. 

I gotcha deuce took you wrong on that one! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Coach Foley did what was best for his team.

Franklin county offense looks nothing like  Beechwood or Mayfield...

Maybe…but they are not scheduling them either just when the state forces them. 

52 minutes ago, FLYGUY said:

I don’t need to ask him I know… it’s called sour grapes. My biggest issue with that is how the series ended…. The main point is dishonesty is dishonesty, our seniors got one less game that year thanks to the previous coach. It will never be okay in my books  to not fulfill the home and home. Years after that it is what it is…

What year was this you are talking about? I don't see a season where Franklin County only played 9 regular season games because Frankfort cancelled a game. The last season I see Frankfort played Franklin County was 2015. In 2016, Franklin County did not play Frankfort but they did play 10 regular season games. In 2014 Franklin County only played 9 regular season games but Frankfort played them that year so it wasn't Frankfort that caused those seniors to only get 9 regular season games. Am I missing something?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, csafootball said:

If people/fans/whoever are curious as to why they stopped playing, instead of speculating call the former coach and ask. 

3 hours ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

Coach Foley did what was best for his team.

Franklin county offense looks nothing like  Beechwood or Mayfield...

1 hour ago, FLYGUY said:

I am looking at this from afar. You all might have info I am unaware of, but to me it looks pretty clear why Frankfort did not play Franklin County in 2016 and after. Frankfort started hurting on the numbers side. Their rosters got down close to 20 players. It is hard to play up when the numbers are low. You have to keep players healthy and cannot afford to lose players to injury. Plus, the 2016 team was not going to have any chance of beating Franklin County. That is how it looks from 70 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have talked with someone very close to Coach Foley and was on staff. Based on what They say the series ended not because of sour grapes or because of winning/losing games. 
The series had become to bitter between certain adults. As for contracts they have a buy out clause. I can only assume Franklin asked for the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hard Work said:

I have talked with someone very close to Coach Foley and was on staff. Based on what They say the series ended not because of sour grapes or because of winning/losing games. 
The series had become to bitter between certain adults. As for contracts they have a buy out clause. I can only assume Franklin asked for the money.

Franklin county picked up Beechwood. A week before the game. Your right I had forgotten! Gosh, now I am only half mad about this! Lol seanile years are upon us. One of worst teams I ever seen at FC was 16… they should have played! 

37 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

I thought he just retired from coaching?

I heard rumor that the retirement wasn't his idea. I know nothing but speculation, but he's a great coach and this sport is better with him in it.

• Like 3

On 3/2/2022 at 7:48 AM, ChiefSmoke said:

I don't know all the details, but I do know for a fact that a quality applicant has been contacted for an interview. His current Boss speaks very highly of him. Don't know the coach's name, but it did sound like someone who would do a good job. I know this, he is coming from a GREAT football program run by a GREAT head football coach. And, when I say GREAT, I mean it. 

I heard it’s the young guy from Scott County that is to coach at Franklin county.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Capitalization
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jt buckets said:

I heard it’s the young guy from Scott County that is to coach at Franklin county 

Also heard the guy that had the Lafayette job is a candidate as well. But didn’t he just get fired from previous job as well as resign Lafayette a week later?

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Hard Work said:

With the right hire the Frankfort - Franklin County series could restart. But first The new coach would have some rebuilding to do. 

As for the current search for a new coach there are some quality coaches that have surfaced. The pool actually has just gotten interesting. 

This info is from 2 people that have told me they applied. They also have been called for interviews. 

I think you are right on this one.