Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

Tigers or Eagles?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the rematch?

• Beechwood Tigers
    • Lexington Christian Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

I was hoping nobody would ever watch that game again.  If you're a Boyle fan the rush defense is hard to watch.  But, like I said in earlier post, I don't think Boyle is as good as they are right now if they don't lose the way they did to LCA.  So if that loss helped us get better to the point of winning a state title then I'll take it.  But it is hard to watch. 

The LCA RB is a UVA commit I believe. I saw him in person against Beechwood in the champ game last year and he was unstoppable, even though he was playing hurt in that game. Can't expect to totally shut someone like that down. 

9 minutes ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

Respectfully to your statement about Beechwood playing a weaker schedule, I beg to differ. I wouldn't call Paintsville, Cov Cath, Mayfield, Newport Cath, 6A Dixie Heights weak. I understand that LCA had some big wins over Bolye Co, Mad Central and Cal, but comparing to the schedule It appears that both played a tough schedule. No weak cupcakes in both of their season. Oh and  I picked Beechwood.    

I still think compared to LCA, the schedule isn't nearly as tough. And it's not the fault of Beechwood, it just happened that CCH had major QB issues for most of the year, and outside of Dixie, the other teams are normally really strong, but just weren't this year in my opinion. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I still think compared to LCA, the schedule isn't nearly as tough. And it's not the fault of Beechwood, it just happened that CCH had major QB issues for most of the year, and outside of Dixie, the other teams are normally really strong, but just weren't this year in my opinion. 

I give LCA the edge in strength of schedule.  However, the tough part was early in the season for both teams and they both have been on cruise control for the last two months.  In short, I don't think the schedules matter at this point. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, theguru said:

I give LCA the edge in strength of schedule.  However, the tough part was early in the season for both teams and they both have been on cruise control for the last two months.  In short, I don't think the schedules matter at this point. 

This. 
Times eleventy billion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theguru said:

I have made a pick in the other 5 games, can anyone help me choose who to pick in this one?  I picked LCA last year because I thought they were the better team and I still believe they were the better team last year but Beechwood won the game.  Who should I take this year?

This will be Beechwood. Don’t believe the hype. LCA has NOT seen a defense like Beechwoods all year, and I’m confident our offense can / will move the ball. Gonna be close and a great game, but I got all the confidence in the Beechies to repeat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

Beechwood is a really good team no doubt. They have played a really weak schedule compared to LCA though and I think that will matter. I believe the Beechwood defense is also strong, but has benefited from playing really weak teams all season for the most part, especially in district. They played CCH while CCH was still trying to figure out the QB situation, and basically didn't even try to throw the ball. And Somerset, which is normally a really good team was awful this year. I watched Beechwood and Mayfield last week, no offense to Mayfield, but their O and D line looked like a middle school team. 

I just don't believe their D has seen anything this season like what LCA brings to the table. LCA having beaten Boyle, with their backup QB, speaks volumes to me. And I don't believe Beechwood is on Boyle's level. 

You need to stick to analyzing Park Hills football bud. This take is comical. 😂

• Like 1

I've been in LCA's corner all season, but the way Beechwood took apart Mayfield has me wavering a bit. Moving Berger to the backfield fulltime with Hergott gave the Tigers a whole new dimension. Still favoring LCA, but I'm not quite as confident as I once was.

That has nothing to do with LCA. The total package that the Eagles put forth offensively - talent, scheme, play calling, and execution - is nothing short of sublime. They're averaging 58 points a game over the last eight. The talent comes at you in waves. Jeremiah Riffle is my x-factor for this game. Putting him and Xavier Brown on the field together allows LCA to move Brown around to take advantage of his versatility and further stretch the defense while still maintaining a strong presence in the run game. 

Unless Hergott rolls an ankle getting off the bus, there's no other reason to think this one won't be up for grabs in the fourth quarter. 

7 hours ago, BlueKernels said:

The LCA RB is a UVA commit I believe. I saw him in person against Beechwood in the champ game last year and he was unstoppable, even though he was playing hurt in that game. Can't expect to totally shut someone like that down. 

Watching the game last year, I wondered why LCA did not give Brown the ball more often. If memory serves me correct he had about 15 carries for close to 150 yards. I would think this year Beechwood will see a heavy dose of Brown in the backfield.  Beechwood defense has been stout, so if Brown is able to get 25 carries at 7/8 yards a pop with the ability to break one at anytime it could be tough sledding for the tigers. The Beechwood defensive line rotation will be interesting to watch as well. Slusher has played minimally on defense this year, I would think he would be more heavily involved Friday. 

Hopefully the game is as intriguing as last year, without the turnovers and penalties.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

Watching the game last year, I wondered why LCA did not give Brown the ball more often. If memory serves me correct he had about 15 carries for close to 150 yards. I would think this year Beechwood will see a heavy dose of Brown in the backfield.  Beechwood defense has been stout, so if Brown is able to get 25 carries at 7/8 yards a pop with the ability to break one at anytime it could be tough sledding for the tigers. The Beechwood defensive line rotation will be interesting to watch as well. Slusher has played minimally on defense this year, I would think he would be more heavily involved Friday. 

Hopefully the game is as intriguing as last year, without the turnovers and penalties.

If the Tigers D-Line is outsized, and pushed around early, I suspect they put Slusher in the middle. A couple times of the year the D-Line has had a little bit of issues, and once Slusher goes in, those issues go right away. He’s a force on both sides, and causes extreme havoc. I haven’t seen it a ton this year but you might see Jackson, Slusher, O’Shea, Campbell up front. That’s their biggest package while still being athletic. 

2 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

You need to stick to analyzing Park Hills football bud. This take is comical. 😂

What exactly is comical here bud? You know Beechwood's played a joke a schedule most of the year, beating up on mighty Newport x2, new cath, Lloyd, WV, Somerset. You guys in Fort Mitchell are getting delusional with this best defense ever stuff. Now that is comical 🤣

2 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

I watched the game last year, couldn’t understand why Brown got the ball so little given that Beechwood had no answer for him. Found out after the fact that he was dealing with a knee injury so was limited in the game to about 12-15 carries I think. I’m sure Beechwood will gear up to stop him as their main focus. 

Beechwood is a very good team but offensive is a one pony show. Stop #2 and LCA has the win ... However that is easier said than done! As a dual threat with a stud O line it will be a challenge.  LCA seems to have more weapons on O. Burger had a monster game against Mayfield but not much against Walton Verona prior week. Defensive battle will be this game. Haven't seen much LCA this year. I do know Walton Verona sophomore QB put up 87 yards rushing against Beechwood D.  Good luck to both teams! Hoping for a great battle and safe game!

5 hours ago, QBone2 said:

Beechwood is a very good team but offensive is a one pony show. Stop #2 and LCA has the win ... However that is easier said than done! As a dual threat with a stud O line it will be a challenge.  LCA seems to have more weapons on O. Burger had a monster game against Mayfield but not much against Walton Verona prior week. Defensive battle will be this game. Haven't seen much LCA this year. I do know Walton Verona sophomore QB put up 87 yards rushing against Beechwood D.  Good luck to both teams! Hoping for a great battle and safe game!

A good amount of partial info here so let's set the record straight.

1. Walton-Verona did not get a first down till the final minutes of the first half when they were trailing 35-0. Their QB and offense did nothing against Beechwood's first team. One first down and the score was 42-0 at halftime. Second team and freshmen played the entire second half for Beechwood. Any yards gained by WV and their QB came against backups. Beechwood's backups played the second half against WV's first team. WV scored with 2:19 to go when their best RB Beach scored.

2. It was a one pony show because WV could not stop Hergott running. No need for Beechwood to show anything else. Hergott had 12 rushes for 236 yards and 4 TD's. Beechwood starters only ran 23 plays to score 42 points. 

3. Berger only carried the ball two times against WV. Freshmen had more carries against WV than Berger. Not much opportunity to do anything on 2 carries.