Beechwood vs. Lexington Christian Academy Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

Tigers or Eagles?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the rematch?

• Beechwood Tigers
    • Lexington Christian Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, QBone2 said:

Beechwood is a very good team but offensive is a one pony show. Stop #2 and LCA has the win ... However that is easier said than done! As a dual threat with a stud O line it will be a challenge.  LCA seems to have more weapons on O. Burger had a monster game against Mayfield but not much against Walton Verona prior week. Defensive battle will be this game. Haven't seen much LCA this year. I do know Walton Verona sophomore QB put up 87 yards rushing against Beechwood D.  Good luck to both teams! Hoping for a great battle and safe game!

53 yards of that 87 came on one run late in the 4th quarter against all backups.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, QBone2 said:

Beechwood is a very good team but offensive is a one pony show. Stop #2 and LCA has the win ... However that is easier said than done! As a dual threat with a stud O line it will be a challenge.  LCA seems to have more weapons on O. Burger had a monster game against Mayfield but not much against Walton Verona prior week. Defensive battle will be this game. Haven't seen much LCA this year. I do know Walton Verona sophomore QB put up 87 yards rushing against Beechwood D.  Good luck to both teams! Hoping for a great battle and safe game!

It was obvious that Mayfield's entire game plan was dedicated to stopping #2 and then... well...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

A good amount of partial info here so let's set the record straight.

1. Walton-Verona did not get a first down till the final minutes of the first half when they were trailing 35-0. Their QB and offense did nothing against Beechwood's first team. One first down and the score was 42-0 at halftime. Second team and freshmen played the entire second half for Beechwood. Any yards gained by WV and their QB came against backups. Beechwood's backups played the second half against WV's first team. WV scored with 2:19 to go when their best RB Beach scored.

2. It was a one pony show because WV could not stop Hergott running. No need for Beechwood to show anything else. Hergott had 12 rushes for 236 yards and 4 TD's. Beechwood starters only ran 23 plays to score 42 points. 

3. Berger only carried the ball two times against WV. Freshmen had more carries against WV than Berger. Not much opportunity to do anything on 2 

I am going on number the season here... Hergott has 1600 plus rushing yards and everyone else is 450 yards and under.... over 14 games I'd say from a coaching standpoint yeah I'd plan to focus on #2... LCA is going to compete and is more dimensional.  Last year game was won on a blocked field goal... im taking LCA by 1 score.

8 hours ago, QBone2 said:

1 hour ago, QBone2 said:

I am going on number the season here... Hergott has 1600 plus rushing yards and everyone else is 450 yards and under.... over 14 games I'd say from a coaching standpoint yeah I'd plan to focus on #2... LCA is going to compete and is more dimensional.  Last year game was won on a blocked field goal... im taking LCA by 1 score.

Welcome to BGP @QBone2!

1 hour ago, QBone2 said:

I agree with you on that. Any game against Beechwood starts with defending against Hergott. The challenge is defending him against the run and the pass as he does a great job in both. Beechwood has other offensive weapons both receiving and rushing that are very good but have not been utilized a lot because Beechwood rarely was pushed to use them. The Tigers will almost surely need to expand the offense to those other weapons like they did last week with Berger rushing. I expect LCA to try to make Hergott beat them passing. Hergott has 2200+ yards passing, 68% completions, 32 TD's and only 3 INT.

• Like 2

This may be the headliner of the weekend.

- It was an instant classic last year.

- It is clearly the two best teams in their class.

- it may be the two best teams outside of 6A in the entire State.

- You have probably the top two favorites for Mr. Football.

- D1 talent all over the field.

- Great coaching.

I think these are two pretty even teams, but I am going with LCA because as amazing as Hergott is, I think the Eagles have a couple more weapons to make plays on both sides of the ball.

LCA 34

Beechwood 28

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ImJustHere said:

This has the same feeling as last year. Beechwood the clear out sized, out talented, underdog. Love that for the Tigers. Nobody outside of Ft. Mitchell thinks they have a chance. Can’t wait for Friday! 

Hard to believe no one thinks a 14x state champ and winner of 22 straight returning damn near everyone from last years state championship team,  including Mr Football has no chance.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

LCA may be that good and prove me wrong, but if they score 35 on Beechwood defense, they are the best team in the state including Male. I look for a score similar to last year with the winner in the 20's.

I think Male may be able to "running clock" either LCA or Beechwood but that is for another thread. 

• Like 2