Bengals 41 Ravens 17

13 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I knew Baltimore was in trouble going into this game. Their defense has been suspect, IMO. The Bengals D is also greatly improved over the last couple of seasons. 

The defensive improvement is the key to this success.  Bell and Bates are as good as it gets at safety.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, futurecoach said:

They so far have proven a lot of people wrong. They had a plan on what type of players they wanted and what they wanted to build. They dealt with making a lot of people angry with how they were moving on from previous star players, and even dealt with reporters trying to make false reports of a toxic lockerroom. When the reality is the only players that was upset we’re older players who were here under Lewis. They stuck to what they believe in and seemed to have put a team together that fits their scheme, plays hard, and seem to truly want to play for these coaches. 

That's the secret in the NFL. I guess KC fans figure Andy Reid forgot all he knew lol.

13 hours ago, futurecoach said:

They so far have proven a lot of people wrong. They had a plan on what type of players they wanted and what they wanted to build. They dealt with making a lot of people angry with how they were moving on from previous star players, and even dealt with reporters trying to make false reports of a toxic lockerroom. When the reality is the only players that was upset we’re older players who were here under Lewis. They stuck to what they believe in and seemed to have put a team together that fits their scheme, plays hard, and seem to truly want to play for these coaches. 

I mean, it likely was a toxic locker room, but it was because of those older players.

23 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I mean, it likely was a toxic locker room, but it was because of those older players.

How can a locker room full of millionaires ever become toxic? That's a PEOPLE problem, not a COACHING problem. Those guys are disappearing..... that's the secret.... finding players that are committed to one thing.... winning. I think the Bengals have a few potential divas on the roster, but a bunch more good solid people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Honestly I think the reporter who reported it probably only got the opinions of those older former Lewis players. Which weren’t buying in to Taylor, when the rest of the players that they brought in or drafted under Taylor all seemed bought in. So that report seemed like it was trying to make it look bad on Taylor, when it was really probably just a few players that were from the Lewis years. 

• Like 1

It is amazing how much a pass rush can change things for a defense in such a short period of time. The Bengals went from having 14.5 sacks last year to already having 19 in 7 games. More importantly, the D-Line has been able to do the vast majority of that work with only rushing 4. 

With the remaining schedule, I don't think it is too far fetched to think 10-11 wins for the Who Deys! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

The defensive improvement is the key to this success.  Bell and Bates are as good as it gets at safety.

No doubt they are great. The bengals quietly became solid in all three phases. The D line has been great, the young linebackers like Wilson have really stepped up, and the secondary for the most part has been solid. It’s been fun seeing the Bengals play defense like this. 

18 minutes ago, 9068 said:

How can a locker room full of millionaires ever become toxic? That's a PEOPLE problem, not a COACHING problem. Those guys are disappearing..... that's the secret.... finding players that are committed to one thing.... winning. I think the Bengals have a few potential divas on the roster, but a bunch more good solid people.

I don't disagree. I didn't say it was Taylor's problem, I said it was still lilkely toxic.

13 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Honestly I think the reporter who reported it probably only got the opinions of those older former Lewis players. Which weren’t buying in to Taylor, when the rest of the players that they brought in or drafted under Taylor all seemed bought in. So that report seemed like it was trying to make it look bad on Taylor, when it was really probably just a few players that were from the Lewis years. 

I agree with you on this. I don't think it was a Taylor issue or the young players, but we all know it only takes 1-2 to make a good situation toxic. To Taylor's credit, he got rid of the toxicity in short order.

• Like 1