EA Sports College Football

GOREDDEVILS

Huge day! The NCAA games were the best sports video games of all time. I am remaining optimistic that EA isn’t going to screw this new iteration of NCAA Football up like they have screwed up Madden. The last game they put out was NCAA Football 2014 and that game is literally perfect. It needs updated graphics, stadiums, uniforms, coaches, postseason, etc. and some slight tweaks to the User Interface. But the nuts and bolts of that game is perfect. The Dynasty modes were phenomenal and recruiting was arguably as fun if not more fun that playing a game was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Huge day! The NCAA games were the best sports video games of all time. I am remaining optimistic that EA isn’t going to screw this new iteration of NCAA Football up like they have screwed up Madden. The last game they put out was NCAA Football 2014 and that game is literally perfect. It needs updated graphics, stadiums, uniforms, coaches, postseason, etc. and some slight tweaks to the User Interface. But the nuts and bolts of that game is perfect. The Dynasty modes were phenomenal and recruiting was arguably as fun if not more fun that playing a game was. 

Agreed.  Just take the 2014 controls, style of play and so on.  Then put it with todays graphics and roll with it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

With it being on the next Gen console, I hope it doesn't run on the same engine as Madden.

If EA tries to make this a copy of Madden but just with college teams instead of making it an updated version of NCAA 14, they will have started a revolt. This is arguably going to be the most anticipated sports video game of all time. Everyone wants the same exact thing. If they don’t do that, it will be an absolute disaster. 

• Like 1

I know they've said they're not releasing a new game until 2022.  So after some thought, seems like this would be the perfect opportunity to release a "digitally remastered" copy of the 2014 NCAA Football or something similar.   Call of Duty has done this in recent history with Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2.  It would give EA Sports the chance to plug in an already created product with some tweak's and allow them a chance to get public feedback while working on their newest game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Recruiting was already a blast on this game in 2014. They have to have a transfer portal. It will make recruiting that much more electrifying. Going to have to take 2 QBs in every class because one will inevitably transfer. If you’re coach is at Tennessee instead of allocating points to a recruit you allocate McDonald’s meals. For a recruit you really want you send a Big Mac or a double quarter pounder and if you only kind of like a recruit you get him just a single cheeseburger. At Clemson instead of points you have to wait and see how much money is put in the second collection plate at New Spring Church that week. At LSU you have to decide which Children’s hospital to use. Also, just to limit my bias towards Ohio State, at OSU you have to recruit tattoo shops around Columbus to get the best deals for players selling their team issued gear. 

1 minute ago, GrantNKY said:

Recruiting was already a blast on this game in 2014. They have to have a transfer portal. It will make recruiting that much more electrifying. Going to have to take 2 QBs in every class because one will inevitably transfer. If you’re coach is at Tennessee instead of allocating points to a recruit you allocate McDonald’s meals. For a recruit you really want you send a Big Mac or a double quarter pounder and if you only kind of like a recruit you get him just a single cheeseburger. At Clemson instead of points you have to wait and see how much money is put in the second collection plate at New Spring Church that week. At LSU you have to decide which Children’s hospital to use. Also, just to limit my bias towards Ohio State, at OSU you have to recruit tattoo shops around Columbus to get the best deals for players selling their team issued gear. 

Right, college football is a hot mess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, GrantNKY said:

I still have NCAA 2014 and have been playing it for 7 years now.....I've done so many dynasties it's not even funny and the game still (thankfully) works fantastic.   I've been so many schools...   Currently in my fourth season with Hawaii....LOL....I've always been a sucker for video football, but NCAA 14 captured me completely.   

When I was recovering from quadruple bypass surgery in 2014, I played this game several times daily.   It was the only thing I could focus on due to the medications I was on... It kept me from going completely stir-crazy during my recovery....

This is great news....even if I'll have to buy a new game console to play it....LOL

• Like 1