EA Sports College Football

GOREDDEVILS

5 hours ago, Hip-Hop Box said:

I seen something about Notre Dame opting out of the EA sports game... Anybody heard that?

It was on twitter yesterday.  Much to do about nothing unless a bunch of schools decide to go this route.  I think if they asked the players to vote though, it would be in favor of participating in the game knowing eventually players could be compensated down the road.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I forgot I posted this thread about this game and posted another one sorry about that . The release date is July 2023 and here is more info.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-news-ea-sports-ncaa-video-game-release-date

I am really looking forward to the return of college games. I hope they bring back college basketball next.

I read that the payout per school is from $10,000 to $100,000. The NFL (league) got $300,000,000 from Madden to not allow another official developer to make a game. 

Around 1700 NFL players make around $18,000 each from Madden. There are well over 20,000 FBS and FCS college football players. No way EA is giving them $18K each.

How long until a player holds out because he thinks he deserves more than everyone else?

All that said, I can't wait for it to come out.

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I read that the payout per school is from $10,000 to $100,000. The NFL (league) got $300,000,000 from Madden to not allow another official developer to make a game. 

Around 1700 NFL players make around $18,000 each from Madden. There are well over 20,000 FBS and FCS college football players. No way EA is giving them $18K each.

How long until a player holds out because he thinks he deserves more than everyone else?

All that said, I can't wait for it to come out.

I would imagine that a player could opt out if they wanted.  Or the school could say this is part of your requirements to be a part of the program.  Honestly with NIL, it would be silly to hold out, this just helps to get names out there.  Perhaps potential NIL deals get struck as a result of this game and players being seen in it.  That WILL happen.  As for compensation, seems like you could go cash only or maybe console and game access.  Tell the players as long as they maintain the same account the have a lifetime subscription to Playstation network or Xbox live etc.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Article Written by James Parks
May 25, 2023 10:01 AM EDT

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-ea-sports-video-game-details-leak-2024

What to expect

"They're doing it in a way where you're not just going to get a Madden engine with the college uniforms. Like they are really trying, and I think the reason why they delayed it a year was that they wanted to make sure that when the game finally made its return, that it wasn't just some crappy knockoff of Madden, and that it was its own thing."

"Dynasty was the de facto mode of the game for several years, and one popular with players who wanted to build lesser-known programs into national championship contenders, and it appears to be a vital part of the game set to come out next year, too."

I hope Kentucky ends up half way decent on the game.

Money and greed already about to torpedo the game.

EA wanting to play every player a flat amount ($500). Some players wanting to be paid more. 

I'm not sure how you can make individual deals with thousands of individual players. As NIL has shown, it's all about the money now. 

A tiered system could maybe be developed where starters were paid more than 3rd string backups. Then who decides that?

59 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Money and greed already about to torpedo the game.

EA wanting to play every player a flat amount ($500). Some players wanting to be paid more. 

I'm not sure how you can make individual deals with thousands of individual players. As NIL has shown, it's all about the money now. 

A tiered system could maybe be developed where starters were paid more than 3rd string backups. Then who decides that?

I'd say leave it up the the schools and if they can't get everyone on the team to sign off on it, then the team isn't in the game.  I doubt that happens though.  

My thoughts are raise it to $1,000 (maybe $500 and game system of their choice)and if a kid doesn't want in the game, then he's not in it.

I think most college players want to see themselves on the game and be able to play as themselves. If a few want to hold out, then just leave them out.

My boss and I were discussing this game earlier today at work.  I was bummed that it was delayed until next year, but then we also discussed how much has changed since the last game came out in 2014.   I know the games engine is supposed to be completely unique and not a copy of Madden.  With that said, I hadn't even thought about how much is going to have to go into NIL within the game as well as the transfer portal.

I'm really looking forward to this game.