Matt Haarms Purdue Grad Transfer Down to 3 schools.

GOREDDEVILS

If Harms asked Cal about playing on the perimeter, does everyone think Cal gave him the honest assessment, and it probably wasn't something Harms wanted to hear?

I say yes, Cal was straight with him. I'm sure he found a way to put a positive spin on the story but I don't doubt that Cal gave him an honest assessment.

I'd say that's exactly what happened.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Harms asked Cal about playing on the perimeter, does everyone think Cal gave him the honest assessment, and it probably wasn't something Harms wanted to hear?

I say yes, Cal was straight with him. I'm sure he found a way to put a positive spin on the story but I don't doubt that Cal gave him an honest assessment.

The positive spin must have been the shoes, but yes I think Cal was honest.

Let him go to BYU, signing him would be like buying a shoe for your left foot when you really need one for the right foot. Why would a kid 23 years old need a fifth year to get to the NBA anyway?

Bizarre comment.

Do you think arthritis is going to shorten this old man's NBA career?

Bizarre comment.

Do you think arthritis is going to shorten this old man's NBA career?

My point was, the kid had stated he wanted to play outside, Cal needed an inside player. This spells trouble from the get go, especially with a one year player. If he has not established his self as a NBA player after four years, will a fifth improve his position?

He wants to show his diversity to play inside or outside to improve his NBA stock. The NBA drafts players on potential and Haarms continues to improve. You can't teach or coach 7 foot 3 inches tall. Yes, he will be in the NBA in 2021 after playing for former UK and NBA big man Mark Pope. I think Haarms bought into Mark Pope's pitch that he knows what it takes and can teach him how to be an NBA big man after just one year in Provo. UK can't get 'em all!

He wants to show his diversity to play inside or outside to improve his NBA stock. The NBA drafts players on potential and Haarms continues to improve. You can't teach or coach 7 foot 3 inches tall. Yes, he will be in the NBA in 2021 after playing for former UK and NBA big man Mark Pope. I think Haarms bought into Mark Pope's pitch that he knows what it takes and can teach him how to be an NBA big man after just one year in Provo. UK can't get 'em all!

Sounds like a great plan.

Why are people thinking Haarms is NBA bound? Normally not a good trajectory for older guys 7'+ tall that hang out on the perimeter. Now maybe he is the next Dirk, but his odds are much more likely he will spend his career back in Europe where he is from than a lottery selection.

That said, he will probably go on to be an All-American and all NBA after me saying this :lol2: