Matt Haarms Purdue Grad Transfer Down to 3 schools.

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true that what Haarms wanted was to play on the perimeter, then Kentucky never had a chance. That’s not what they need, and that’s not where they’d have played him. I still hope somehow it’s Kentucky he chooses, but that’s not where he fits.

If it is true that what Haarms wanted was to play on the perimeter, then Kentucky never had a chance. That’s not what they need, and that’s not where they’d have played him. I still hope somehow it’s Kentucky he chooses, but that’s not where he fits.

Let him go to BYU, signing him would be like buying a shoe for your left foot when you really need one for the right foot. Why would a kid 23 years old need a fifth year to get to the NBA anyway?

“I looked at my opportunity and I felt like BYU had a great opportunity to be a great player and then my fit with the coaching staff and I just actually love coach Pope and his staff,” he said. “He did a great job of recruiting me and showing me how I can fit into their system. They are very analytics based and aren’t afraid to sit down and talk basketball with me for hours.”

I feel like he wants to play perimeter and probably left Purdue because of that and he surely would not play that at U.K. I also feel like he is soft and couldn’t handle the glitz at Kentucky.

Edited by bugatti
Failure to add punctuation.

If Harms asked Cal about playing on the perimeter, does everyone think Cal gave him the honest assessment, and it probably wasn't something Harms wanted to hear?

I say yes, Cal was straight with him. I'm sure he found a way to put a positive spin on the story but I don't doubt that Cal gave him an honest assessment.

Edited by Voice of Reason