How Long Will The Recession/Depression Last?

BFritz

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a lot of ways this is a good thing. To give credit, they are processing these loans quickly. My company submitted an application on Friday, and it was approved by late Monday morning. The problem is going to be is if this stretches into summer, and those loans run out. Covering payroll is great, but if you can't get the business ramped back up quickly, the money will run out by the end of June.

Glad to hear it was approved quickly.

I have a friend here who told them it may be six months before he hears anything or receives anything on his application.

Glad to hear it was approved quickly.

I have a friend here who told them it may be six months before he hears anything or receives anything on his application.

I think a lot depends on the lender. And getting approved is one thing.... While we did get approved, we have not yet received the funds. There is also a lot of work that needs to be done to insure the funds are used correctly to get the forgiveness.

It seems crazy though that it might take six months. In many businesses, that’s going to be 5 1/2 months too late.

Where is this being reported? I haven't seen anything.

It was mentioned early today in New York’s daily press conference. Very little information was presented.

Actually it could mean 1 month to 18 months.

I question the purpose of some of the information being thrown out during this time.

What is the plan for restarting?

How do we control the spread so we don't have to shut down again?

How many additional deaths are acceptable in a restart?

How many states have to peak before we restart?

Considering I’ve seen tons of New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, etc. license plates in my hometown over the past few weeks, I’m a bit concerned.

Below $8. They used to compare a gallon of gas to the price of a gallon of milk. For about 3 gallons of milk you can own your barrel today - that can produce about 40 gallons of gasoline.

WTI (oil) is NEGATIVE, pure insanity. It’s currently worth less than nothing! This is history right before our very eyes.