March 23, 20206 yr No way would I sign up for a 5-6 year loan right now. A new $300 payment with the financial crisis coming, very risky. You have a secure job though, you could be in the minority. It depends on how "essential" your job is in America. Yea, I got one of the jobs that is making more money because of all this. Might as well take advantage of vehicle prices.
March 23, 20206 yr Sounds like you are going to get a new ride for 30k with 0.0. If the wife signs off on it :lol:
March 23, 20206 yr By June 30, unemployment rate will be less than 4%. Every lost job is back by 6/30?
March 23, 20206 yr I put them both in that umbrella. My whole life society has said that if you don’t have money saved away for emergency situations then I am a failure to myself and my family. Not sure why businesses of any size have different standards than myself. They should have prepared for this moment like the rest of us smart folks out here with no worries. Then they wouldn’t need to be bailed out by anyone. I get it...and I agree... I hope this is a wake up call for the large corporations...I doubt that it is, but I still hope...
March 23, 20206 yr I LOVE Las Vegas. I really do. I think it’s Disney for adults... I’ve been fortunate enough to travel a large part of this earth, and I love Las Vegas... If I have to drive out there instead of flying, I’ll do it.... Let the airlines fail....
March 23, 20206 yr By June 30, unemployment rate will be less than 4%. There optimistic thinking but this may be more of optimistic dreaming. As someone posted - ramping back up will take time. And companies will not bring everyone back. Some industries - like airlines - still have not restructured their cost structure - though they have announced plans to do that. That capacity is not real elastic going down and not real elastic coming back online. I saw a prediction on MSNBC financial show of 9 - 10%. And someone from the Fed said 30% is coming. That would seem completely improbable but so did a 19,000 Dow a few weeks ago. I hope this prediction comes true and will cheer if it does. But I will take the over on this prediction.
March 23, 20206 yr Every lost job is back by 6/30? Nearly every job, yes. This is not going to last past early May. The aid package will keep companies and employees afloat, poised and waiting for the bounce back. That gives everyone two months get get back up and running. I think the shutdowns are keeping a handle on things and testing will ramp up soon to help us. I prefer being optimistic.
March 23, 20206 yr Nearly every job, yes. This is not going to last past early May. The aid package will keep companies and employees afloat, poised and waiting for the bounce back. That gives everyone two months get get back up and running. I think the shutdowns are keeping a handle on things and testing will ramp up soon to help us. I prefer being optimistic. Well we were at 3-3.5% unemployment before this. The problem is companies are shedding jobs while they evaluate what’s going on. The aid package is mostly going to pay rent/mortgage/auto and basic utilities. I hope and pray you’re right.
March 23, 20206 yr If the wife signs off on it :lol: How’s that saying go? Ask for forgiveness later? :lol2:
March 24, 20206 yr Refinance rates aren’t as good as new loan rates. You would have to have a very good credit score, or take out a shorter loan. A shorter loan would be a good idea but I think the housing market is gonna take hit. It’s 100% going to take a hit. But it doesn’t matter what the market value of your home right now or what the market value of your home is when the housing market reaches its low point. It only matters what it is when you want to sell it. The market won’t stay down forever.
March 24, 20206 yr I LOVE Las Vegas. I really do. I think it’s Disney for adults... I’ve been fortunate enough to travel a large part of this earth, and I love Las Vegas... If I have to drive out there instead of flying, I’ll do it.... Let the airlines fail.... Airlines won’t fail with or without a bailout. We may lose a budget airline or two, but the big dogs will still be there when this is all over. Delta isn’t going anywhere.
March 24, 20206 yr I have no need for a new car right now. Got a new one in March of 2018. But if I can get a good deal on my trade in and get the 2020 version or 2021 version for 0.0 then I would consider doing it.
March 24, 20206 yr Plus the DMV is shut down already isn't it? Not sure how anyone would even get everything transferred over to their name. We went through the process today, wrapped it up around 4 pm. Dealer said that if the plates weren't available when the temp tags expire then they'll do whats necessary to get new ones reissued. Drivers license that were set to expire have automatically been given a 90 day extension, I would expect the same to happen with license plates.
March 24, 20206 yr We went through the process today, wrapped it up around 4 pm. Dealer said that if the plates weren't available when the temp tags expire then they'll do whats necessary to get new ones reissued. Drivers license that were set to expire have automatically been given a 90 day extension, I would expect the same to happen with license plates. What’d ya get.
March 24, 20206 yr How’s that saying go? Ask for forgiveness later? :lol2: Kinda my thoughts. What’s she gonna do? Leave me? I was looking for a wife when I found her :lol2:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.