Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Long Will The Recession/Depression Last?

Featured Replies

UK has $70M shortfall.

 

Layoffs, furloughs coming.

 

I can only imagine that other state and private universities will be similar shape with similar consequences.

  • Replies 160
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UK has $70M shortfall.

 

Layoffs, furloughs coming.

 

I can only imagine that other state and private universities will be similar shape with similar consequences.

 

Looks to me like some creative accounting.

WTI (oil) is NEGATIVE, pure insanity. It’s currently worth less than nothing! This is history right before our very eyes.

 

And it's not even close. -$37 a barrel. They literally can't give it away.

 

I am enjoying this. The people getting hurt by this are the financial market profiteers. They profit off of moving money around but now they have financial commitments they can't move. They means they have to pay the oil suppliers money to keep the oil.

I am enjoying this. The people getting hurt by this are the financial market profiteers. They profit off of moving money around but now they have financial commitments they can't move. They means they have to pay the oil suppliers money to keep the oil.

 

I was trying to figure out what it meant to go negative. The speculators trade the contracts up until the time delivery is due. And they were left holding the barrels here and as you state - had to pay since speculators only job is to speculate and they own no oil-holding facilities.

 

I had to recall that it was said that a barrel of oil is sold up to 50 times before it comes out of the ground. This has me going back and watching segments of The Big Short on YT.

Looks to me like some creative accounting.

 

Not sure what this would mean. The universities took hits with tuition, housing - all of which was refunded to some extent.

 

At UK housing is more than tuition with all those new dorms. If the university did not get any relief from those landlords of those then that is a good chunk right there.

 

Also, the state will not be able to help. The state overall probably has a far worse problem with a drastic cut in sales tax revenue and income tax revenue.

Not sure what this would mean. The universities took hits with tuition, housing - all of which was refunded to some extent.

 

At UK housing is more than tuition with all those new dorms. If the university did not get any relief from those landlords of those then that is a good chunk right there.

 

Also, the state will not be able to help. The state overall probably has a far worse problem with a drastic cut in sales tax revenue and income tax revenue.

 

I bet they expect no sports too. That's a lot of lost revenue there.

I think this recession/depression will last into 2022.

 

At least.

UK has $70M shortfall.

 

Layoffs, furloughs coming.

 

I can only imagine that other state and private universities will be similar shape with similar consequences.

 

1,500

 

Mostly furloughs (no pay, but not fired).

 

UK will pay medical insurance for 90 days.

I think this recession/depression will last into 2022.

 

The economy coming back appears to be a very bumpy road for everyone. I still don’t think we’ve seen the worst of it.

The economy coming back appears to be a very bumpy road for everyone. I still don’t think we’ve seen the worst of it.

 

Agreed. Save your chicken.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.