Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

If JCPS don’t want to start September 11then they can adjust. Forcing the rest of the state to do what JCPS wants to do is ridiculous. Everyone having to rework schedules and any number of other things because of them just isn’t right. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, barrel said:

If JCPS don’t want to start September 11then they can adjust. Forcing the rest of the state to do what JCPS wants to do is ridiculous. Everyone having to rework schedules and any number of other things because of them just isn’t right. 

Right, either move forward or get left behind. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, barrel said:

I agree with this. I have no problem with JCPS waiting until October 2 to start. Play district games then head on to the playoffs. If you're scheduled to play a JCPS team before October 2 then adjust your schedule if possible. Everybody wins!

• Like 3

I have no problem with the JCPS pushing back until 10/1 with the rest of the state starting as planned.  I would just have to ask the JCPS folks, what is going to be different on 10/1 than it was on 9/1 or 8/1 or 7/1??  This virus isn't going to magically disappear.  The risks are going to be the same.  So using that mindset, they should just cancel the season if they think it is unsafe to play now.

The common sense approach would tell you that it is ok to start practicing now, since there have been no issues with practices thus far.  While practicing, keep your eye on Indiana, who had scrimmages this past week and will have played 3 real games before KY does.  That is FOUR weeks worth of games to judge.  If they aren't having issues and there have been no issues in practice, there is no reason that we can't play on 9/11.  IF issues arise, you have until the afternoon of 9/11 to pull the plug.  Its that simple.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ApolloFan98 said:

I have no problem with the JCPS pushing back until 10/1 with the rest of the state starting as planned.  I would just have to ask the JCPS folks, what is going to be different on 10/1 than it was on 9/1 or 8/1 or 7/1??  This virus isn't going to magically disappear.  The risks are going to be the same.  So using that mindset, they should just cancel the season if they think it is unsafe to play now.

The common sense approach would tell you that it is ok to start practicing now, since there have been no issues with practices thus far.  While practicing, keep your eye on Indiana, who had scrimmages this past week and will have played 3 real games before KY does.  That is FOUR weeks worth of games to judge.  If they aren't having issues and there have been no issues in practice, there is no reason that we can't play on 9/11.  IF issues arise, you have until the afternoon of 9/11 to pull the plug.  Its that simple.

This is where I am at, it looks like a stall tactic to keep students from fleeing to private schools and I question if they have any intention of playing at all this year. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

This is where I am at, it looks like a stall tactic to keep students from fleeing to private schools and I question if they have any intention of playing at all this year. 

That is exactly the message it is sending.  This will be the third control meeting we've gone thru since mid July where things have been delayed.  How many more do we need to tell us that things aren't going to change anytime soon.  Either play or don't.

• Like 2

So options 2 and 3 gives football a 7 game season? Am I reading that correctly? We would start play on Oct 2 which will require most teams to change their schedule for district games and then add/adjust the back end of the schedule. 

2 minutes ago, barrel said:

So options 2 and 3 gives football a 7 game season? Am I reading that correctly? We would start play on Oct 2 which will require most teams to change their schedule for district games and then add/adjust the back end of the schedule. 

Oct. 2: 6-week regular season opens; schedule all district games first, then non-district games

Nov. 13: Playoffs start

Dec. 11-13: State finals

Lines up with @kyhighs tweet

6 minutes ago, Corbin00 said:

Oct. 2: 6-week regular season opens; schedule all district games first, then non-district games

Nov. 13: Playoffs start

Dec. 11-13: State finals

Lines up with @kyhighs tweet

If it’s a 6 week season then why does it show week 1- week 7 in options 2 and 3?