Will there be high school football this fall?

Tkinslow

11 hours ago, nees1212 said:

I would think all of that can be done relatively quickly. If KHSAA has done their homework as they claim they have, these points shouldn’t be too difficult to do.

The KHSAA has released return to play guidelines for each sport that I believe covers just about everything the KDE requested.

https://khsaa.org/resources/Covid19/CovidResumptionFallSports/footballcombined.pdf

I don’t know that the KHSAA has to have another meeting.

• Like 2

Link Policy

When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:

I. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.

II. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.

III. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be some personal observations about the topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.

IV. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted. Video links directly embedded into posts via BGP's 'Insert Video' tool are sufficient for meeting the terms of the Link Policy.

V. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report the post using the “Report Post” feature – the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: theguru@fuse.net to report any violations.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the simple process of hydration during the game.  If everyone has their own water bottle, how many water volunteers does a team need to get every player the appropriate bottle during a timeout?  Many teams struggle to find two little kids to bring out the crates of common water bottles that every player uses during non-Covid years.

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, mayor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

43 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the simple process of hydration during the game.  If everyone has their own water bottle, how many water volunteers does a team need to get every player the appropriate bottle during a timeout?  Many teams struggle to find two little kids to bring out the crates of common water bottles that every player uses during non-Covid years.

Wouldn't it make sense that you shouldn't have ANYBODY other than the athlete handling their own water bottle? And how do players refill their bottles if they are empty? You can't not touch a cooler.  Hydration isn't going to be simple at all.

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

Wouldn't it make sense that you shouldn't have ANYBODY other than the athlete handling their own water bottle? And how do players refill their bottles if they are empty? You can't not touch a cooler.  Hydration isn't going to be simple at all.

It kind of defeats the purpose of a timeout (even if they are longer by a couple minutes) to have tired, hot and thirsty players trying to find their own water bottle themselves on the sideline.

6 hours ago, nkypete said:

I saw a team I know use 2 cart/wagons that had the players own bottles in them. Then during time outs sideline players pulled the carts onto field to the players to get themselves.   Great idea and seemed to work. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, barrel said:

Timeouts will be extended to allow players to hydrate. There are a number of solutions and honestly hydration is the easiest obstacle to overcome in all of this. 

I think most of the solutions are simple. The point about hydration, was more that there are things that must be considered and addressed that most haven't ever spent any time thinking about. While the solutions may be simple, there are so many things that will need to change and be addressed, that it is going to require some thought and preparation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Erlanger out. 

Boyle in.  25% capacity.  No COVID testing. 

Danville in.  But with every three week COVID testing. 

What a wild night so far for Kentucky HS football. 

To any school that opts out, I feel sorry for the students that the leaders at that school say they supposedly care about.

Football and other sports are being played all across the country and in Kentucky daily workouts have been happening for weeks. Minimal problems.

What a terrible message for these students. Follow the rules. Show us you can do this and not have problems. But  all those efforts don't matter. We are going to ignore all your good work and not let you play the games you have worked so hard for.

Believe what you are seeing decision makers. Sports are already being played and things are going well. Let these young people play games.

• Like 5