Denny Hamlin Wins Daytona 500

16thBBall Fan

How fast do they normally show replays from cameras mounted in the car, or in the cars trailing the accident? If they didn't put it on the air, then there must have been something that looked really bad, right?

These cameras would not have picked up much and not every car has an camera.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point it looks like a pretty elaborate marketing ploy by NASCAR to maximize their future profits.

I know I'm gullible, but I sure hope that is not how they think. NASCAR makes a ton of money already. They don't need to lie about injuries.

I know I'm gullible, but I sure hope that is not how they think. NASCAR makes a ton of money already. They don't need to lie about injuries.

NASCAR is my favorite sport at this point in life and I am a little disappointed with how they handled this. NASCAR had to know within hours, if not less, that the Newman injuries were not that severe. They also knew it was the perfect storm for marketing. They bill Daytona as their Super Bowl, they had a horrific, high speed, fiery crash that was perfect for free advertising (in the form of OMG Ryan Newman) across all platforms and they milked it for every cent with lies by omission.

Moving forward, I am so glad Newman is okay and onto Vegas.

NASCAR is my favorite sport at this point in life and I am a little disappointed with how they handled this. NASCAR had to know within hours, if not less, that the Newman injuries were not that severe. They also knew it was the perfect storm for marketing. They bill Daytona as their Super Bowl, they had a horrific, high speed, fiery crash that was perfect for free advertising (in the form of OMG Ryan Newman) across all platforms and they milked it for every cent with lies by omission.

Moving forward, I am so glad Newman is okay and onto Vegas.

I have not seen anything to the following, so someone please let me know if I've missed something...

Once he left the track and was in the hospital, wouldn't have any information regarding his status been protected by Hipaa? I mean, it really wouldn't have been up to NASCAR to release anything at that time anyway.

I'm just wondering, if there was a camera in the car, that NASCAR/Fox saw a limp, unresponsive body and didn't know if it was because he was simply unconscious or perhaps worse. And if he was "just" unconscious, there'd be no way for them to know how significant any injuries were, would they?

I have not seen anything to the following, so someone please let me know if I've missed something...

Once he left the track and was in the hospital, wouldn't have any information regarding his status been protected by Hipaa? I mean, it really wouldn't have been up to NASCAR to release anything at that time anyway.

I'm just wondering, if there was a camera in the car, that NASCAR/Fox saw a limp, unresponsive body and didn't know if it was because he was simply unconscious or perhaps worse. And if he was "just" unconscious, there'd be no way for them to know how significant any injuries were, would they?

I think we are in the same ballpark here, NASCAR knew they had just enough cover to manipulate the news cycle and they went for it.

We can all debate it but you don't go from being in the ICU in Serious Condition (but expected to live) and then walk out of the hospital a few hours later. It doesn't pass the smell test.