Denny Hamlin Wins Daytona 500

16thBBall Fan

You would think they would need a huge amount of cash in reserve for payouts to these guys and gals later in life when they can barely function.

Either way, I think it is a lot like race cars, it is very dangerous and you accept the risks.

This can be said of most sports, a 100 MPH fastball to the head, getting under cut on the hardwood and I won't even mention football.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow. That's awesome, though.

In all honesty, I thought he was going to be dead after seeing the wreck & the immediate aftermath.

If he hadn't sustained the hit right on the door, I wouldn't have been worried.

Outside of a fire, I'm not sure we'll ever see another fatality in NASCAR. Hope not, at least.

Put me in the group of those surprised he went home today. Figured for sure we'd be waking up to headlines Tuesday morning saying that he'd died.

The fact that Fox limited the number of replay angles led me to believe that there was something grisly that a producer had already seen, and they (or NASCAR) decided not to show. Certainly seemed like Gordon and Joy had information that had upset them. Figured that was it.

Put me in the group of those surprised he went home today. Figured for sure we'd be waking up to headlines Tuesday morning saying that he'd died.

The fact that Fox limited the number of replay angles led me to believe that there was something grisly that a producer had already seen, and they (or NASCAR) decided not to show. Certainly seemed like Gordon and Joy had information that had upset them. Figured that was it.

At this point it looks like a pretty elaborate marketing ploy by NASCAR to maximize their future profits.

I think people read too much into the black screens and limited information. Understandably, the NASCAR community is still sensitive because of Earnhardt. I just took it as them being cautious to not accidentally show or say something that didn't need to be aired to a national TV audience.

I think people read too much into the black screens and limited information. Understandably, the NASCAR community is still sensitive because of Earnhardt. I just took it as them being cautious to not accidentally show or say something that didn't need to be aired to a national TV audience.

How fast do they normally show replays from cameras mounted in the car, or in the cars trailing the accident? If they didn't put it on the air, then there must have been something that looked really bad, right?