Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

39th District Draw

Featured Replies

As the World of Participation trophies turns, the 39th district draw was held in an undisclosed location today. But luckily, the Head Honcho was there! There was a brief discussion on the motion to seed, and somehow, the vote was split 2-2. I was hoping that Coach Hinson would be able to talk some sense into the AHS admins, but no luck yet.

 

Regardless. The draw-ers drew the draw-ers and the seed voters drew the seed voters.

 

Just wish they would settle it on the court like the other 62 districts with half a brain do!

 

But it’ll be Mason v Bracken and St Pat v Augusta for a shot at the district, and the ultimate; a trip to the regional.

 

Some of the luster of a 10th region tourney trip is lost this year since its not at the field house, but alas, I believe in the Polar Bears!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the blind draw. I understand the side of those that like the seeding. But I'm always pulling for the little guys! Long live the Draw!

So the draw-ers technically got what they wanted by not seeding. Could make for a very interesting district finals no matter who wins in the first games.

  • Author
So the draw-ers technically got what they wanted by not seeding. Could make for a very interesting district finals no matter who wins in the first games.

 

The head honcho is holding his breath it’s Augusta v Bracken round 3! They will have to put that game on ESPN for all the people who will want to watch!

The head honcho is holding his breath it’s Augusta v Bracken round 3! They will have to put that game on ESPN for all the people who will want to watch!

 

I'm hearing ESPN 2 will carry it live.

I'm hearing ESPN 2 will carry it live.

 

They may have to, no county in the state likes basketball more!

  • Author

Well. I’m so pumped up fired up hype for my Polar Bears I couldn’t type a good word! So let’s try this again!!

 

Check out this statement from Coach Reed on his Facebook. If it doesn’t light your fire your wood is wet!

 

“ Got to be a part of my first BLIND DRAW!!! Lol comedy!!

What A Complete Joke!!

I've played in 100 aau tournaments

St pat league (2nd thru 6th grade league)

 

Every one of these things I've been a part of you SEED the tournament!! You always want the best teams in the finals!! COMMON SENSE!

 

Not here in the 39th in the 39th we allow ppl not even playing the games make decisions that impact our kids basketball experience!!

 

Please don't say it's about money!!

 

Mason/Bracken vote to SEED

St Pat/Augusta vote to DRAW”

 

Let’s go!!

Probably a question for another thread but how many of the 66 districts don’t seed. I think in my region the 54th and 55th don’t seed.

It is incredible to me that this is not uniform throughout the state. Sounds like the Head Honcho needs to be heard!

Its laughable that anyone defends drawing.

Draw or Seed, I just wish it was the same across the state. Lets all play by the same rules.

I also a firm believer that any district that seeds the teams should play each other home and home like the 31st.

As important as seeding is it should not be predicated on which team has the home court that season.

  • Author
It is incredible to me that this is not uniform throughout the state. Sounds like the Head Honcho needs to be heard!

 

If the Head Honcho ran things, the world would be full of Pork Tenderloin Sammiches and Ice Cold Mountain Dew!

I’m for seeding...But if you honestly cannot see why the small schools vote for the draw, then you don’t understand that the Administrators at those schools are honestly voting to do what’s best for their kids. A first game win and a chance to play in the Regional Tournament may be the highlight of some of those kids HS career.

I also a firm believer that any district that seeds the teams should play each other home and home like the 31st.

As important as seeding is it should not be predicated on which team has the home court that season.

 

I'm 100 % with you. But I still have no problem with a blind draw.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.