39th District Draw

So they are treating these kids as cash cows? If the athletic department needs money, have a bake sale, don't subject your kids to embarrassment at the regional tourney. Leave the trips to the fieldhouse to my Polar Bears. The Teams who truly DESERVE to be there! Not the team that plays patty cake with a schedule and sneaks by!

You must not follow football. Talk about playoff beat downs!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the Scoreboard Bracken split with Augusta and lost to Mason. They are 8-14. How do they DESERVE to play in region? If you seeded Augusta would play Bracken if everything stayed the same correct?

You must not follow football. Talk about playoff beat downs!

Listen here Mr. Numbers man.

I follow every BC sport. I run alongside the cross country runners, I cheer every strike and ball in baseball and softball.

You better believe I’ve been following football since our inception! I’ve missed one fame, and that’s because my landlord had a splenectomy. When your mom has surgery you just have to go! But you better believe I haven’t let her live down the game I missed.

I know you’ve seen some lopsided playoff scores. But. You know what’s beautiful about those playoff games? They were SEEDED big boy. We earned that spot. Even 0-10 just means we earned a beat down as punishment. We didn’t expect any charity draws out of a hat because we’re a small school. We didn’t vote to try and draw so Beechwood had to play Pikeville in round 1. We seed, like men. Like the America I love. There is no room for a draw!

Looking at the Scoreboard Bracken split with Augusta and lost to Mason. They are 8-14. How do they DESERVE to play in region? If you seeded Augusta would play Bracken if everything stayed the same correct?

Unless you understand our storied history you’ll think that. We’re an all time Kentucky HS B-ball program. Adolph Rupp once offered our whole starting five a scholarship. The Polar Bear legend is unmatched. Our name gets us in the door.

Unless you understand our storied history you’ll think that. We’re an all time Kentucky HS B-ball program. Adolph Rupp once offered our whole starting five a scholarship. The Polar Bear legend is unmatched. Our name gets us in the door.

You're a hoot! The Polar Bears have a fine history....but times change and prior reputation guarantees nothing. I guess if Maysville was still in existence you'd have a real conundrum!

I done some digging and not real sure why Bracken County is acting like they are owed anything. Bracken last won a district championship in 1999 and they have lost in the first round of region every year except a first round victory in 2017. From 1998-2019 they have 1 district championship and 1 region win. I have the KY Basketball Encyclopedia but I am not going back any further to seek out their history.

In 14 Years in current alignment from 2006 they have only made 6 trips and all as runner ups and two of them to Augusta and not Mason. One first round loss was to St Patrick in 2009 as well.

Trips to Region all as runner up

2010, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019 (First round win in 2017 at Region)

Before the realignment, it was 2004, 1999, 1998 and 99 District champs in the 38th and first round loss at region.

Pecking order in the history of this District is

1. Mason

2. Augusta

3. Bracken

4. St Patrick

I do agree every district should seed but Bracken acting like they are owed to go to and get beat first round is ridiculous especially if you seeded they would be in the 2-3 with a team they split with, its not like they are 50 better than the other two teams. If this were two powers like a Scott County, Cov Cath, or a Trinity, etc drawing in the first round I could see the argument. Anyways good luck to all 39th teams!

I done some digging and not real sure why Bracken County is acting like they are owed anything. Bracken last won a district championship in 1999 and they have lost in the first round of region every year except a first round victory in 2017. From 1998-2019 they have 1 district championship and 1 region win. I have the KY Basketball Encyclopedia but I am not going back any further to seek out their history.

In 14 Years in current alignment from 2006 they have only made 6 trips and all as runner ups and two of them to Augusta and not Mason. One first round loss was to St Patrick in 2009 as well.

Trips to Region all as runner up

2010, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019 (First round win in 2017 at Region)

Before the realignment, it was 2004, 1999, 1998 and 99 District champs in the 38th and first round loss at region.

Pecking order in the history of this District is

1. Mason

2. Augusta

3. Bracken

4. St Patrick

I do agree every district should seed but Bracken acting like they are owed to go to and get beat first round is ridiculous especially if you seeded they would be in the 2-3 with a team they split with, its not like they are 50 better than the other two teams. If this were two powers like a Scott County, Cov Cath, or a Trinity, etc drawing in the first round I could see the argument. Anyways good luck to all 39th teams!

Just curious, aside from one anonymous poster on a message board, how did you conclude that “Bracken” thinks they are owed anything?

Just a tip, I wouldn’t put too much time or effort into proving that one anonymous poster wrong. Lol

Admittedly though, this thread shows how good that poster is at their “craft”.

Just curious, aside from one anonymous poster on a message board, how did you conclude that “Bracken” thinks they are owed anything?

Just a tip, I wouldn’t put too much time or effort into proving that one anonymous poster wrong. Lol

Admittedly though, this thread shows how good that poster is at their “craft”.

I can tell you this: ain’t nobody in Brooksville that doesn’t feel this way. Just walk into Lee’s, Hal’s or Poor Bobs and shout: “seed or draw!?” And there ain’t a feller or gal who won’t shout “seed the district” right back.

Call me whatever you please— but all of Brooksville knows who I am. The fine folks of Bracken County support me and my fandom. We’re a passionate bunch. But we’re also some of the most salt of the earth people you’ve ever met. Southern hospitality thrives here.

We aren’t a participation trophy team like some others in this district. We think this should be seeded! I wish we hadn’t relented and we’re still holding out not playing them in sports. Seed this dang district!

• 3 weeks later...