I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

Really?

Two state champion and a runner up the last three years, don't think it bothers the Birds at all. A loss is a loss doesn't matter who beat them.

Flip the question, does CCH get bothered more by losing to the Birds than any team?

I would assume losing to a rival would always, and should bother, a team whether it’s CCH or HHS. My guess would be the losing to Conner twice this year is really tough to swallow more so than losing to CCH.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets to the point that enough is enough. 24 pages of bashing. Schedule a meeting with him and his boss which I’m sure none of you have ever approached him with your concerns or ever will. I would think as loyal, passionate alumni you would want to get the facts straight from the coach. But, meeting with him and being told the true facts wont be as fun as the gossip, I’m sure. If you have discussed your concerns directly with him, then I apologize.

For the record, unless you’re in the locker room, on the field, on the sideline, in the coach’s office, in the film sessions, interacting with players’ teachers etc, you have no idea what truly happens or what goes into every decision!

I was talking with a parent of a current player who was raving about Coach Weinrich (not BW) and how much their son loves him & how hard the workouts are going. I guess in the end, there are many kids who want to play football and are playing. I’m sure one of you will say it’s because they have to play, but seriously, 80 kids have to play? No, it’s because they want to play!

And, I was talking with someone today who confirmed that he is involved with the Jr league. He was at their most recent board meeting because he was asked to attend to give his thoughts on a few items, he has met with their coaches, participated in their safety training, invites the middle school team to have dinner & pre game with the high school team, attends games as his schedules allows, and provides access to their staff for clinics.

It gets to the point that enough is enough. 24 pages of bashing. Schedule a meeting with him and his boss which I’m sure none of you have ever approached him with your concerns or ever will. I would think as loyal, passionate alumni you would want to get the facts straight from the coach. But, meeting with him and being told the true facts wont be as fun as the gossip, I’m sure. If you have discussed your concerns directly with him, then I apologize.

For the record, unless you’re in the locker room, on the field, on the sideline, in the coach’s office, in the film sessions, interacting with players’ teachers etc, you have no idea what truly happens or what goes into every decision!

I was talking with a parent of a current player who was raving about Coach Weinrich (not BW) and how much their son loves him & how hard the workouts are going. I guess in the end, there are many kids who want to play football and are playing. I’m sure one of you will say it’s because they have to play, but seriously, 80 kids have to play? No, it’s because they want to play!

And, I was talking with someone today who confirmed that he is involved with the Jr league. He was at their most recent board meeting because he was asked to attend to give his thoughts on a few items, he has met with their coaches, participated in their safety training, invites the middle school team to have dinner & pre game with the high school team, attends games as his schedules allows, and provides access to their staff for clinics.

Well everything that you are stating about Jr Football league maybe true now but it took 5 years for him to get involved.

To me and a lot of others, he’s 5 yrs late.

It's not accepted by me.

I think of it the same as I always have. The program will return to normal when the right buttons are pushed.

Show me in my post that I was talking about the coach. Program yes, coach no.

I worked at a job for over ten years, the same job, with no problems at all. Then I got promoted to a higher paying job and more expectations. The problem was that I was not producing the way they wanted me to. When people are doing the job and taking too long to get results, it rolls down hill. They liked the way I performed at my old job, so I got my old job back. Thankful I had a job and retired with the same company.

I don't ever want to see anyone get fired but I would like to see some positive results.

Starting a new job they usually give you 30 to 90 days to see you can do what's expected. It's

been 5 years and the results are not any better.

Finally I think the problem is more than just the head coach.

Just my thoughts and I'm not bashing anybody.

Show me in my post that I was talking about the coach. Program yes, coach no.

I worked at a job for over ten years, the same job, with no problems at all. Then I got promoted to a higher paying job and more expectations. The problem was that I was not producing the way they wanted me to. When people are doing the job and taking too long to get results, it rolls down hill. They liked the way I performed at my old job, so I got my old job back. Thankful I had a job and retired with the same company.

I don't ever want to see anyone get fired but I would like to see some positive results.

Starting a new job they usually give you 30 to 90 days to see you can do what's expected. It's

been 5 years and the results are not any better.

Finally I think the problem is more than just the head coach.

Just my thoughts and I'm not bashing anybody.

I think the people that are claiming bashing are just happy with the new direction of Highlands Football.