I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

No one person sets the standards at Highlands, standards are followed and maintained, very simple.

Every coach that has been at Highlands knows of these standards and expectations so it is no secret.

I’m simply asking what your personal standards will be for the new coaching staff when the time comes.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m simply asking what your personal standards will be for the new coaching staff when the time comes.

Again, I don’t set the standards but I can say my family has served a small part in creating some of these standards.

The standards that you speak of have been a culmination of all those teams good and bad that have stood before you on the field.

I think my standards follow the program standards and are simple and as you say unwavering.

They are unwritten standards at Highlands that must be followed and should not be confused with ridiculous expectations.

Again, I don’t set the standards but I can say my family has helped form some of these standards.

The standards that you speak of have been a culmination of all those teams good and bad that have stood before you on the field.

I think my standards follow the program standards and are simple and as you say unwavering.

They are unwritten standards at Highlands that should not be confused with expectations from the little people looking in from outside, meaning me.

I don't know why you're dodging the question. I'm only asking for your PERSONAL expectations, not the overall expectations of the program.

Because it’s their problem not mine. They have created and continue to feed this monster not me. They need to put their big boy pants on from the top to the bottom and handle the situation.

I will be more than happy to meet with any of them if they want my opinion which I doubt they want and I don’t blame them.

So with that said, why is my opinion on a public forum of any concern to them unless they are reading this. They have all the answers and are happy with mediocrity.

BW committed the cardinal sin of a Coach last year when he complained to a media outlet that he didn’t like people talking about him. When he did that he summed up his career as a head coach for me.

I just can’t stand by and be silent. I have a duty to fight for his removal.

:laugh:

Too hard to tell. The damage that has been done could take years to fix. I can tell you this though, there will not be another State Title under BW. You can take that to the bank.

Highlands can’t start fixing it if the administration is not willing to fix it. Heck some up there think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And as I stated it could certainly take more than 1 try to fin the right fit.

With the talent at CovCath currently, it certainly would be tough to even play past the 1st or 2nd round, but if he does win one will you put your letterman jacket back on and make an apology just as publicly as you're tearing him down?

With the talent at CovCath currently, it certainly would be tough to even play past the 1st or 2nd round, but if he does win one will you put your letterman jacket back on and make an apology just as publicly as you're tearing him down?

This is the cultural problem with Highlands right now, lots of excuses.

Only new leadership can change this thought process and mindset in my opinion.

I don't know why you're dodging the question. I'm only asking for your PERSONAL expectations, not the overall expectations of the program.

Not dodging the question. My personal expectations as I have stated is irrelevant.

I share the same expectations as those that that agree with me or have played football at Highlands.

It is not necessary for me to share those with you.

It's interesting that you don't have the same conviction about a new staff that you have about the current one.

Look, you can question me all you want but my answer will always be the same.

Unwritten standards are required to coach a Highlands football team.

The current regime is not following or meeting those standards so when the time comes and another coach accepts the responsibility to lead our program then at that time if he is also not following those standards then he will be questioned and called out as well.

You just don’t get a free pass at Highlands to incorporate your own philosophies and not deliver results.

Look, you can question me all you want but my answer will always be the same.

Unwritten standards are required to coach a Highlands football team.

The current regime is not following or meeting those standards so when the time comes and another coach accepts the responsibility to lead our program then at that time if he is also not following those standards then he will be questioned and called out as well.

You just don’t get a free pass at Highlands to incorporate your own philosophies and not deliver results.

I look forward to hearing that you've submitted your application when that time comes. :thumb:

Nobody tearing anyone down.

Accountability is required and necessary.

Iam not the reason for the current problems going on at Highlands so why would I need to apologize

Edited by Sweeperboy