I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

You are so full of yourself it is unbelievable. I read comments people like you post and realize where high school sports are headed. As I said before if you have this DUTY approach the principal, AD, superintendent and voice your concerns. Coaches don't deserve to be treated like crap by the media but especially by someone like you. It won't matter who the coach is at the Big FT. If they don't win it all, or win big, or the right kids aren't playing both ways, etc. you'll be super critical. You watched a run of talent for about 10 years that was unparalleled. It may happen again, but probably not.

Noted.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Highlands would have a list of accomplished head coaches from around the country that would be interested.

It won’t be an easy task finding the right guy but after a few try’s at CovCath they got it right so why not at Highlands.

Perhaps another horrible year of gate income and more and more donations being withheld along with more kids quitting he team during the season will finally warrant a change from administrators but Iam not holding my breath.

It very may well be time for a change in the near term, and yes Highlands has a strong football history. But to say that coaches from around the country would be lining up for the job is laughable.

When the BW era is over, how long do you expect the “turnaround” to take? To put it bluntly, how quick do you expect the new coach to win a State Title?

Too hard to tell. The damage that has been done could take years to fix. I can tell you this though, there will not be another State Title under BW. You can take that to the bank.

Highlands can’t start fixing it if the administration is not willing to fix it. Heck some up there think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And as I stated it could certainly take more than 1 try to fin the right fit.

It very may well be time for a change in the near term, and yes Highlands has a strong football history. But to say that coaches from around the country would be lining up for the job is laughable.

Well they got a coach from Ga. from the winningest program in the nation so not really that far fetched. When a program has the second most wins in the nation coaches know of it.

Didn’t say they were lining up.

And you are right, the program is at the point of being laughable.

Very similar to where CovCath was not too long ago.

Be careful not to poke the bear too much.

Too hard to tell. The damage that has been done could take years to fix. I can tell you this though, there will not be another State Title under BW. You can take that to the bank.

Highlands can’t start fixing it if the administration is not willing to fix it. Heck some up there think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And as I stated it could certainly take more than 1 try to fin the right fit.

Shouldn’t be that hard of a question. It’s your opinion the talent is at HHS. It’s your opinion that kids maybe not be playing because of BW and the staff. So if he is gone, and all the talent that is supposedly there comes back, how long do you expect the “rebuild” to take?

Well they got a coach from Ga. from the winningest program in the nation so not really that far fetched. When a program has the second most wins in the nation coaches know of it.

Which coach was from Voldosta? Honestly wasn’t aware they pulled in a HC from down there.

Not at all, and I didn't mean to imply that parents choose Religious based schools strictly for the religion based education. My point was, that is one of the key differentiators between public and religious schools, and it's something that public schools cannot provide. For some, that's the deciding factor. For others it's the more rigid structure. Obviously, we all know sports can be a reason why kids choose any one school over the other, and that you don't have to be Catholic (or even religious) to go to a school like Cov Cath, or NewCath. Perhaps a better point to make, is that while Highlands is still a great school academically (arguably the best, and certainly in the argument for being the best), other schools have improved as well, and while not on the same level, they still can provide excellent education. And with other schools having improved athletically, perhaps more are choosing to stay where they are at, rather than making a jump to Highlands, like many did even a decade ago. I remember watching Highlands in the years prior to and right after Towles, and those teams were phycally impressive....not huge but decent size, very fast, and very deep. When I saw Highlands this year, quite honestly, physically, they looked like almost every other team in NKY, and I watched a young Scott team give them fits for 1 half of football without their best player. That wouldn't have happened 15 years ago...that would have been a 70-0 game. But Scott is a public school team in NKY that has improved in all areas. SK is another that has greatly improved over the last decade and a half. There are less reasons for people to jump to, or even stay at Highlands both athletically and academically these days.

This could be said for almost everyone that has watched Highlands over the years. Highlands was the leader of the pack back then. Goes all the way back to Homer Rice when Highlands started winning recognized state championships. Rice's teaching, training and implementing of the game of football was heads above everyone else. That continued with every head coach at Highlands throughout the years until a coach didn't keep the program ahead of the pack and others caught up. Changes were made. Dale took it to a whole new level as his results speak for themselves. He used to yearly have other coaches from both high school and college programs come to Highlands to see what all the fuss was and how and why was he so successful. These coaches used to laugh at the weight facilities at Highlands. They were, lets say less than par. Dale kept Highlands ahead of the pack by his knowledge, teaching, and you know what, his mind games he used to play against anyone who would listen. How many times over the years did you hear Dale say, "fastest, greatest, strongest, smartest, best looking", ........add adjective here and he said it. He made it a point to let everyone in NKY, Ky., and the Tri-State know about his teams. That was one of his ways of keeping ahead of the competition. There was even a little ceremony when he was inducted to the Hall of Fame that, well was a motivator for the years to come for Dale. Lol!

So here we are. Season 7 and still looking for reasons on why BW should stay. What has he done to keep Highlands ahead of the competition? I'm sure there may be something but for the life of me, I can't think of any at the moment. I know he has been given access to incredible indoor facilities for one. And FTIS continue to attract top students academically so numbers shouldn't be down. FTIS also has had it's largest boom in class size the past few years as well. So whats up?

You know, sometimes things become stagnant and a change is needed. Why is that such a big deal?

#makethechange

Which coach was from Voldosta? Honestly wasn’t aware they pulled in a HC from down there.

It was an assistant coach last year not a HC. I don’t think sweep was saying that Don Boscos head coach would drop everything. Just that coaches from Ohio and Kentucky would be interested in the community and a program like this. Similar to Cov Cath.

Shouldn’t be that hard of a question. It’s your opinion the talent is at HHS. It’s your opinion that kids maybe not be playing because of BW and the staff. So if he is gone, and all the talent that is supposedly there comes back, how long do you expect the “rebuild” to take?

Hard to say, what do you think. You know it all about Highlands, you tell me.

It was an assistant coach last year not a HC. I don’t think sweep was saying that Don Boscos head coach would drop everything. Just that coaches from Ohio and Kentucky would be interested in the community and a program like this. Similar to Cov Cath.

Got it. And I Agree, I’m sure many coaches in the area would be highly interested

[/b]

This could be said for almost everyone that has watched Highlands over the years. Highlands was the leader of the pack back then. Goes all the way back to Homer Rice when Highlands started winning recognized state championships. Rice's teaching, training and implementing of the game of football was heads above everyone else. That continued with every head coach at Highlands throughout the years until a coach didn't keep the program ahead of the pack and others caught up. Changes were made. Dale took it to a whole new level as his results speak for themselves. He used to yearly have other coaches from both high school and college programs come to Highlands to see what all the fuss was and how and why was he so successful. These coaches used to laugh at the weight facilities at Highlands. They were, lets say less than par. Dale kept Highlands ahead of the pack by his knowledge, teaching, and you know what, his mind games he used to play against anyone who would listen. How many times over the years did you hear Dale say, "fastest, greatest, strongest, smartest, best looking", ........add adjective here and he said it. He made it a point to let everyone in NKY, Ky., and the Tri-State know about his teams. That was one of his ways of keeping ahead of the competition. There was even a little ceremony when he was inducted to the Hall of Fame that, well was a motivator for the years to come for Dale. Lol!

So here we are. Season 7 and still looking for reasons on why BW should stay. What has he done to keep Highlands ahead of the competition? I'm sure there may be something but for the life of me, I can't think of any at the moment. I know he has been given access to incredible indoor facilities for one. And FTIS continue to attract top students academically so numbers shouldn't be down. FTIS also has had it's largest boom in class size the past few years as well. So whats up?

You know, sometimes things become stagnant and a change is needed. Why is that such a big deal?

#makethechange

So Highlands is a leader of the game, a pioneer, a trend setting innovative football program.

You do know the Haters will call this laughable and call you an Elitist for even suggesting or claiming these things.

Good read though Tdy and spot on.

What exactly are you referring to about the motivator thing all about that you speak of ?

Your standards for the current staff are unwavering. Why can’t you set the expectation for the next staff?

No one person sets the standards at Highlands, standards are followed and maintained, very simple.

Every coach that has been at Highlands knows of these standards and expectations so it is no secret.