I hung out with some Highlands Football Mommies the other night...

theguru

The Highlands team from 13 that beat Columbus FL and lost in the state game to Collins in a thriller is a great example. Zero big time guys. One guy went to Cornell (Seth Hope) and another went to Georgetown (Zach Harris). This last years team in 19 had more raw talent.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Highlands team from 13 that beat Columbus FL and lost in the state game to Collins in a thriller is a great example. Zero big time guys. One guy went to Cornell (Seth Hope) and another went to Georgetown (Zach Harris). This last years team in 19 had more raw talent.

That team beat University Christian and lost to Elder by 3. There were more guys that went to play college, but just did not stock it out. Wrobleski and Schweitzer are the two I can think of off the top of my head.

That may be, but the 2019 5A competition was better than the 2013 4A competition. I doubt Collins had a player the caliber of Mayer.

For the money the best platform out there imo.

Opportunity to reach a lot of folks and sound off with my opinions.

Completely agree. I have looked at some other states prep sites, and none of them compared to BGP.

For the period from 2010 through the time Dale retired in 2013. Who were these big time players? I know Pat Towles went to Kentucky and Drake Bruns went to Cincinnati, but who are the others?

Patrick Towles was told the same thing as the Shearer kid that went to Simon Kenton. You will never play quarterback at Highlands. So did these kids get that much better or is this simply not being able to recognize kids that have some talent?

Let’s take it a step further.

Dale had a knack of asking kids to move positions on the field to help the team as a whole.

Lots of kids sacrificed life long dream positions or positions their mommies and daddies wanted to help the program flourish.

I know for a fact that kids have told BW face to face that they are not moving and if he or another coach tried to move him then the kid was quitting. This is a very selfish attitude that creates division amongst your teammates for self gratification.

This has been a big part of the issue at Highlands since Dale.

Not sure how you can be the kids best friend and let them dictate and then expect them to respect you or follow orders when you ask them to sacrifice for the team.

A lot of kids and parents resented Dale for this philosophy but as they graduated and grew older they realized that sacrifices builds character and leadership as an individual.

This is a very sore spot for me as no single kid, parent, coach or administrator is bigger than that football program and when they think they are you become the norm and average imo.

Yes and no.

I am sure there are some others that feel the same way but this thread has me rooting for Coach Weinrich to win another state championship.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

He has left his mark at Highlands and now it’s time to pass the torch. He has had plenty of time to prove himself imo.

And for the record, for all those that think I hate or do not respect BW you are completely wrong. He has done everything he can possibly do within his abilities but unfortunately it’s not working.

This thing has turned into something that others could have prevented and stopped but chose to ignore.

I actually have my issue with the administration.

The administration also has access to this site so the message for them is they will feel it financially and see the revenue losses from not acting.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

He has left his mark at Highlands and now it’s time to pass the torch. He has had plenty of time to prove himself imo.

Would you like to see BW win another state championship with Highlands?

I would and I also wanted Tubby to take us to the final 4. At some point, reality sets in.

I am a Cov Cath guy and I don't disagree with you that it may be time for a new coach in Ft. Thomas. The standards that are set at a program of that level are incredibly high, and it appears that he may not be living up to them. I do think that there has been a talent drop off that some people want to attribute everything to, but I think it is also a disservice to what Dale did to attribute all of his success to God given talent. At some point you have to coach your guys up. At some point you have to realize where your talent is and who gives you the best chance of winning football games. At some point you have to put your pride to the side and keep your best players on the field for the entire game.

In saying that, I also believe that a lot of the frustration directed at BW is misplaced. BW didn't want to jump up to 5A from what I have read. Would Highlands be more successful in 4A? Who knows. What we do know is that it was probably a mistake by the administration to jump up in classification. I also have to imagine that being the head football coach at Highlands is BW's dream job. Do people really expect him to just step away? IMHO any and all frustration should be directed solely at the administration. You may disagree with the decisions that BW makes as a head coach and you may believe that there are things that he could be doing to be more successful, but if he were to do all of those things to the same results, people would still be calling for a change. He has to run the program how he believes is best, and until the administration says enough is enough I think it is foolish to put the blame on him. Just my opinion.