NCAA football playoffs

ladiesbballcoach

Who should make the BGP collegiate football playoffs?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Who should make the BGP collegiate football playoffs?

As of 12:00 on Monday, the brackets would look like.

OSU vs Arkansas (3 SEC teams make the field. remember they are a supposed overrated conference.)

Florida vs. UL (Big East conference champion doesn't make the field based on the vote)

USC vs. Boise St.

LSU vs. Michigan.

No Big 12 team makes the field. No ACC team makes the field.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the current votes, a standard bracket would look like this:

1)tO$U

8)Arkansas

4)Florida

5)Louisville

3)Michigan

6)LSU

2)USC

7)Boise State

The teams that are listed here wouldn't work because you have to have an ACC team and a Big 12 team. So knock out two of these teams for a playoff. And yet, the overrated SEC gets 3 teams in while the Big 12 and ACC is not good enough for a single team.

And that means the ONLY UNDEFEATED NCAA team not only doesn't play in the National Championship game, they couldn't even make the playoffs.

The teams that are listed here wouldn't work because you have to have an ACC team and a Big 12 team. So knock out two of these teams for a playoff. And yet, the overrated SEC gets 3 teams in while the Big 12 and ACC is not good enough for a single team.

And that means the ONLY UNDEFEATED NCAA team not only doesn't play in the National Championship game, they couldn't even make the playoffs.

Uh, in my opinion if you're knocking anybody out, one of those overrated SEC teams gets the first boot. Arkansas is the third SEC and last in the poll. And then, does the ACC champion deserve a spot if Boise State is ranked so far ahead of anyone in the conference?

If they did a final 8, it would include the 6 Conference Champs (OSU, USC, SEC Champ, ACC Champ, Big 12 Champ, and hopefully UL) -- no way around that. Then you'd have some qualifier for a Mid-Major, of which this year Boise St. would qualify. Then you'd have a ND qualifier, and we'll assume that wouldn't happen this year. Then you'd have the best non-Champion invited -- Michigan. So forgetting votes, and assuming outcomes this weekend, it would actually look like this:

No order:

OSU

Georgia Tech

Louisville

Nebraska

USC

Florida

Boise St.

Michigan

Those would be your 8. Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Wake Forest could play their way in this weekend. If you seeded that bunch, it would look something like this:

1. OSU v. Georgia Tech

2. USC v. Nebraska

3. Michigan v. Boise St.

4. Florida v. Louisville

Then:

OSU v. UF / UL winner

USC v. Michigan

Then:

OSU v. USC....funny, huh?

Uh, in my opinion if you're knocking anybody out, one of those overrated SEC teams gets the first boot. Arkansas is the third SEC and last in the poll. And then, does the ACC champion deserve a spot if Boise State is ranked so far ahead of anyone in the conference?

I would say ANY playoff system would give AUTOMATIC berths to Big 12, Big 10, SEC, Big East, ACC, PAC-10. That would leave ONLY two at-large berths for Notre Dame, all of the 2nd place conference teams and those non-BCS bowl teams to vie for. SOMEBODY is going to be left out and the whining would be as intense as it is now without a playoff system.

If they did a final 8, it would include the 6 Conference Champs (OSU, USC, SEC Champ, ACC Champ, Big 12 Champ, and hopefully UL) -- no way around that. Then you'd have some qualifier for a Mid-Major, of which this year Boise St. would qualify. Then you'd have a ND qualifier, and we'll assume that wouldn't happen this year. Then you'd have the best non-Champion invited -- Michigan. So forgetting votes, and assuming outcomes this weekend, it would actually look like this:

No order:

OSU

Georgia Tech

Louisville

Nebraska

USC

Florida

Boise St.

Michigan

Those would be your 8. Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Wake Forest could play their way in this weekend. If you seeded that bunch, it would look something like this:

1. OSU v. Georgia Tech

2. USC v. Nebraska

3. Michigan v. Boise St.

4. Florida v. Louisville

Then:

OSU v. UF / UL winner

USC v. Michigan

Then:

OSU v. USC....funny, huh?

:thumb: Great job.

A 4 or 8 team playoff will not guarantee the best 4 or 8 teams are playing for the national championship.

With the current votes, a standard bracket would look like this:

1)tO$U

8)Arkansas

4)Florida

5)Louisville

3)Michigan

6)LSU

2)USC

7)Boise State

OSU beats Ark.

Florida beats UL

LSU would have the best chance for an upset in the top 8. That bign said I think Michigan would win.

USC would blow out Boise St

OSU beats Florida

USC and Michigan go to 5 OTs and USC wins

Ohio St wins it all.

I went with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Arkansas, Florida...

the Big 12 champ (Oklahoma is my guess)

the Big East (Louisville is my guess)

the ACC (no idea)

I would seed it like this

Ohio State(1) vs. ACC(8)

Southern Cal(2) vs. Big 12(7)

Michigan(3) vs. Florida(6)

Arkansas(4) vs. Louisville(5)

I went with Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Arkansas, Florida...

the Big 12 champ (Oklahoma is my guess)

the Big East (Louisville is my guess)

the ACC (no idea)

I would seed it like this

Ohio State(1) vs. ACC(8)

Southern Cal(2) vs. Big 12(7)

Michigan(3) vs. Florida(6)

Arkansas(4) vs. Louisville(5)

Who do you have in the final? OSU and USC?