NCAA football playoffs

ladiesbballcoach

Who should make the BGP collegiate football playoffs?  

543 members have voted

1. 1. Who should make the BGP collegiate football playoffs?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you also say that Louisville would be upset by Kansas St? :D

I've been on Florida all year, and I'll stick with it. I think Louisville would beat them double digits. Like they did Miami, and like they did WVU.

I thought the Kansas St. game was a dangerous spot for UL -- I don't deny that. I never, ever, said KSU was a better team. I've also been very pro-UL for the last month. However, none of that has anything to do with me thinking UL would "kill" a Top 5 team on a neutral field is a bit much. I just don't know what you can possibly point to as evidence of such a statement? Your dismantling of 6-6 Miami at home? Your handling of a WVU team that lost at home to So. Florida...at Papa John's? That is your evidence for "killing" a Top 5 team? Keep running with that....

I thought the Kansas St. game was a dangerous spot for UL -- I don't deny that. I never, ever, said KSU was a better team. I've also been very pro-UL for the last month. However, none of that has anything to do with me thinking UL would "kill" a Top 5 team on a neutral field is a bit much. I just don't know what you can possibly point to as evidence of such a statement? Your dismantling of 6-6 Miami at home? Your handling of a WVU team that lost at home to So. Florida...at Papa John's? That is your evidence for "killing" a Top 5 team? Keep running with that....
I have plenty of negative evidence for Florida. How about the fact that Louisville destroyed a common opponent that Florida struggled with (Kentucky)? How about the fact that Florida hasn't beaten a DIA school by more than a touchdown since the middle of October, despite dates with 7-5 South Carolina (1 point victory!) 6-6 Florida State, and 4-8 Vandy in that stretch? You keep running with that, if you want, and I'll maintain as I have all year (and am starting to be validated by the media) that Florida is a hoax.

IMO, 6 conference champs plus two at-larges decided by the highest BCS ranked teams available. Then seed based either by BCS or polls.

ACC - Georgia Tech/Wake Forest

Big 12 - Oklahoma/Nebraska

Big East - Louisville/Rutgers

Big Ten - OSU

Pac 10 - USC

SEC - Florida/Arkansas

At-Large - Michigan (Season over, won't be overtaken)

At-Large - LSU (Ditto)

Seeded (based on current BCS positions)

1) OSU

8) Wake Forest

4) Florida

5) LSU

3) Michigan

6) Louisville

2) USC

7) Oklahoma

Currently, Ohio State has had 98.25% of respondents think they would make these hypothetical playoffs. I'm curious as to how much hatred you would have to have for a program to not vote for, what is clearly, the best, most deserving team in college football. Pull your heads out of whatever body part they are hiding in, and vote on merit, not on personal feelings.

Currently, Ohio State has had 98.25% of respondents think they would make these hypothetical playoffs. I'm curious as to how much hatred you would have to have for a program to not vote for, what is clearly, the best, most deserving team in college football. Pull your heads out of whatever body part they are hiding in, and vote on merit, not on personal feelings.

Twas Ochenta Siete, who voted solely for Notre Dame, which explains OSU's one lacking vote and one each for Michigan and USC.

The other one that didn't vote for Michigan was whodey (who I guess was just picking the teams he thought would be in the title game - Just picked OSU & USC).

The other one that didn't vote for USC was Marsmoker (who I guess had the same deal as whodey, having just picked OSU & Michigan).

This gets back to my thought on the matter. If you are a non-BCS school and want to make it to the big show, I believe you should be required to play either 2 or 3 BCS schools, one of which should be on the road. (Also, I think it should be a requirement that every team in a BCS conference plays at least one non-conference road game against a BCS school).

:thumb: I agree with everything in this post.

I dont see how no one is considering Wisconsin. They are 11-1 with the only being to that of the 2nd best team in college football.

@Bowling Green

vs Western Illinois

vs South Dakota State

@ Michigan

@ Indiana

vs North Western

vs Minnesotta

@ Purdue

vs Illinois

vs Penn State

@ Iowa

vs Buffalo

SOS:72nd according to cbs.sportsline.

IMO, 6 conference champs plus two at-larges decided by the highest BCS ranked teams available. Then seed based either by BCS or polls.

ACC - Georgia Tech/Wake Forest

Big 12 - Oklahoma/Nebraska

Big East - Louisville/Rutgers

Big Ten - OSU

Pac 10 - USC

SEC - Florida/Arkansas

At-Large - Michigan (Season over, won't be overtaken)

At-Large - LSU (Ditto)

Seeded (based on current BCS positions)

1) OSU

8) Wake Forest

4) Florida

5) LSU

3) Michigan

6) Louisville

2) USC

7) Oklahoma

WOW! Look at the road Michigan would have to travel! I think by far they have the toughest game in rnd 1 (considering LSU and FLA are in conference).... A Mich./UofL game would be a great one IMO, but I think potentially the best game in the whole tournament would be Mich. vs. USC...