NCC 26 Beechwood 21

gametime

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have won the first game.

Thanks for actually using the phrase correctly. I can't tell you how annoyed I get when I see "(team X) should of won."

Otherwise, great quote by Schneider in Mike Fields' column in the Herald-Leader today: "I've told the kids there are about eight teams capable of winning the championship, and we're one of them."

Impressive recovery by the 'Breds.

WOW! What a game! Most exciting end to a game that I have seen in a while, and decided on the last play as the clock ran out, everyone got their moneys worth on this one. Beechwood played like champions at the end and never gave up, nothing to be ashamed of, it just wasn't meant to be this year.

Congratulations NCC, Good Luck and bring back another Class A title to NKY!

Good Luck in AA next year too, Just isn't going to be the same without you all in Class A

As pointed out, this was not the only call missed and missed both ways. Harris got killed in the beginning when his line moved and there was no whistle but he stopped knowing it should be blown dead. I can't wait to watch the game film, especially the last 35 sec when the refs made the biggest call of the game.

This crew couldn't even mark off a 5yd penalty right. As mentioned, w/clock running down under a minute they switch balls, drop it, kick it and the clock continues to run(12 sec) which was a lifetime at that point in the game.

The refs did not lose the game for BHS but they could have done a much better job. The white hat and middle judge(?) should retire. White hat don't know when to blow the whistle and MJ can't count. Give it up, the money isn't that great!

First he's called an Umpire, but I will agree even though I am a newCath guy. With the clock ticking away they went to exchange balls only to have the Umpire drop the exchange have the ball roll around and then lazilly(sp?) throw the ball to the white hat. I as Beechwoods coaches did would be livid that hurt alot.

Overall I'm glad that they won't play in the playoffs anymore(jk) my heart can't handle another game of emotions turning so fast. First triumph then heartbreak, then triumph again.

This game was like the first except the other way around and more meaningful. NewCath did something in the second half that they did not in the second half in the first game. Score a TD. And that was the difference.

Hats off to the Tigers that last drive was very well executed. Like I said, the odds of having the ball that close with 4 downs and not scoring are definitly very low. If you play thos four downs again the tigers would score. It's just one of those things.

Good luck Breds

I am glad you got this pic. This is the fumble that was not called a fumble that BHS recovered.

Called or not the play was definately a fumble. But I would not be to sure the Tigers would have gotten the recovery.

Here is a crop of a later picture on this play. You can see the gloved hand on the ball is of an NCC player whos helmet you can also see. Not 100%, but as it was not ruled a fumble (dont know why) it makes no difference now. And in the end the team that won deserved to win and it was one exciting game to be at.

bch-ncc2-13.jpg

My contention with the officials was not so much the calls (the man downfield was IMO legit and probably could have been called more only because when Elliot takes off out of the pocket he looks like he is going to run all the way and then stops on a dime and throws it) but with the management of the game.

Blow the whistle if you want to measure for a first down. Don't just stand there. Blow the whistle and throw the flag for a false start. It's pretty bad when the NCC players know they moved, stop and look at the ref and he just looks back. And when Beechwood was driving at the end of the game with precious seconds ticking away, don't change the football out and then drop the one coming in and then kick it and then dribble it and never stop the clock or blow the whistle. Mark off a penalty correctly maybe on the first try for once.

Thanks for the validation on the ref situation. I wanted to talk about it, but it would only sound like sour grapes. That's NOT how I want it to sound. It was definately a game of many blown calls. But, alas, it's a game and it's over. My scalp still tingles from all the new gray hairs that sprung thru last night!!!!

Congratulations NCC. Bring it home to NKY!

Congratulations to the Senior Tigers! Hold your heads high! It's been one heck of a ride! Love you guys! (Even if you don't have good barbers!)

I am glad you got this pic. This is the fumble that was not called a fumble that BHS recovered.

The play on Vickars was called a fumble. The ruling was that he (Vickars) gathered the ball back in while on the ground thus being down. Now whether he did have possession while on the ground after the tackle could be debated but from my vantage point he did reach out and have a least a hand on the ball while on the ground before the Beechwood players arrived and gained control of the ball.

The lack of blowing the whistle on illegal motion plays is going to get someone hurt. My biggest complaint with this crew is they just did not hustle and did not use the proper techniques regarding the clock, moving the chains, marking off penalties, signaling penalties, signaling timeouts, putting the ball in play etc.

Come on now. Lets assign an actual name to the "kicker" that everyone mentioned from NC. Dustin Zink is a first-year kicker for NC and doubles as a darn good soccer player and on top of that is about as nice of a young man as you'll find.

Nice job, Z.

Come on now. Lets assign an actual name to the "kicker" that everyone mentioned from NC. Dustin Zink is a first-year kicker for NC and doubles as a darn good soccer player and on top of that is about as nice of a young man as you'll find.

Nice job, Z.

Mvp of the game.

I will agree what a great game and the refs were the worst i have ever seen. This is coming from a Newcath fan.

Then you must not have been at the Holy Cross game last week. Offsetting unsportsmanship penalties were stepped off, first fifteen yards to the right, ball set down and then fifteen yards to the left and ball readied for play.

This crew had that beat.

First and ten Beechwood run of 4 yards. Minor face mask on NCC. Move the ball a yard put the ball in play. Blow the whistle and stop play. Look over at the down marker which was moved when they put the ball in play and move it another two yards because they don't know where the run actually ended.

Don't ever get together and see if anyone remembered the original spot, just kind of guess and figure 4 plus 3 is about the same as 4 plus 5.