Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC 26 Beechwood 21

Featured Replies

OK, I said I would post today after watching the game film. I realize none of this matters except this tape will be sent to KHSAA for review and this ref crew should never ever get to do another playoff game as long as they live.

 

First, the fumble discussed, Vicars clearly fumbles the ball and it is recovered by BHS, no fumble called, field goal by NCC. Second and the biggest blown call I have ever seen was the ineligible rec. down field, Pete Kayiatos(#16) was in the slot, off the line of scrimmage w/Kevin Mitts(#34) out wide on the line. The side judge on NCC's side flaged #16 for ineligible rec down field. We lined up like this all night and all yr and Pete was clearly behind the line of scrimmage. This call resulted in NO TD for BHS w/32 sec remaining which would have gave us the lead 28-26 given we kicked the x-tra pt and not went for 2.

 

Oh well, I said I would report back w/the results, the film does not lie. We will be back next yr stronger than ever.

 

On the fumble by Vicars I believe I saw the official pointing at the ground which could mean no fumble at all (already down) but I think he was trying to indicate that the ball did come out but he (Vicars) did reach out and have a hand on top of it while on the ground thus being already down before Beechwood players arrived to get the ball. But unless you ask him we will never know.

On the ineligible downfield I thought it might have been called because I thought I saw the wide out asked for a spot and then adjust maybe drawing attention to the other receiver.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the fumble by Vicars I believe I saw the official pointing at the ground which could mean no fumble at all (already down) but I think he was trying to indicate that the ball did come out but he (Vicars) did reach out and have a hand on top of it while on the ground thus being already down before Beechwood players arrived to get the ball. But unless you ask him we will never know.

On the ineligible downfield I thought it might have been called because I thought I saw the wide out asked for a spot and then adjust maybe drawing attention to the other receiver.

 

Don't matter, he was the one on the line, the slot was just that, a slot off the ball. In the film, the ref you speak of did not signal anything on the fumble. You can clearly see the ball come out and the BHS player recovers. The best is Vicars is heading to the sideline because he knew he fumbled. They(refs) were all clueless the whole game no matter what calls they were making.

 

Like I said this is all for not, it is over and just aggrevating that the refs the teams get in the playoffs can be so bad. I just hope and pray our officials don't do too bad of a job when they go away.

Don't matter, he was the one on the line, the slot was just that, a slot off the ball. In the film, the ref you speak of did not signal anything. They were all clueless the whole game no matter what calls they were making.

 

Like I said this is all for not, it is over and just aggrevating that the refs the teams get in the playoffs can be so bad. I just hope and pray our officials don't do too bad of a job when they go away.

 

Clueless and hustle-less I will agree with.

I talked to Michael and he said it was a fumble and he did recover it. He said the ref seen him jump on it an blew the whistle. The coach was screaming at him to hold on to the ball thats why he was walking toward the coach who was on the sideline. The ref was telling the others the newcath boy jumped on it.

3ptshooter, you keep makng a big deal about the refs, but you still had 4 shots from the 10 yd line if I read the info correctly. So how did the refs hurt you? Most of your fans seem to show much more class by wishing Ncc good luck. I really had no rooting interest in game, but can tell from the comments it is a shame to cast doubt on what must have been a great game by blaming refs.

3ptshooter, you keep makng a big deal about the refs, but you still had 4 shots from the 10 yd line if I read the info correctly. So how did the refs hurt you? Most of your fans seem to show much more class by wishing Ncc good luck. I really had no rooting interest in game, but can tell from the comments it is a shame to cast doubt on what must have been a great game by blaming refs.

 

 

Maybe you should read all my posts. I wish nothing but the best for NCC. They will be in the finals again. I have said the refs did not lose the game, they were terrible both ways. NCC beat us on both sides of the ball. I said there were two costly calls against BHS which I pointed out.

 

If the ineligible rec call was not made we would not have had to try to score 4X from the 10 w/11 sec left.

 

I always like how people chime in at the end to get their two cents in. Like I said, read all the posts before putting someone down and talking about class. If you had any, you would have read all the posts and seen I have nothing but praise for NCC the rest of the yr. I will always cheer for all the NKY teams in the playoffs.

Maybe you should read all my posts. I wish nothing but the best for NCC. They will be in the finals again. I have said the refs did not lose the game, they were terrible both ways. NCC beat us on both sides of the ball. I said there were two costly calls against BHS which I pointed out.

 

If the ineligible rec call was not made we would not have had to try to score 4X from the 10 w/11 sec left.

 

I always like how people chime in at the end to get their two cents in. Like I said, read all the posts before putting someone down and talking about class. If you had any, you would have read all the posts and seen I have nothing but praise for NCC the rest of the yr. I will always cheer for all the NKY teams in the playoffs.

Way to tell them .:thumb:

3ptshooter Class is just wishing the other team the best without REPEATEDLY pointing how many different times the refs cost you. I did read all your posts and most of them complain about refs calls, and then say essentially "Good luck to the other team even though the refs killed us". Also, it's a lot easier to make calls after watching tape. Again, I didn't care who won, but you complain more than everyone else combined.

3ptshooter Class is just wishing the other team the best without REPEATEDLY pointing how many different times the refs cost you. I did read all your posts and most of them complain about refs calls, and then say essentially "Good luck to the other team even though the refs killed us". Also, it's a lot easier to make calls after watching tape. Again, I didn't care who won, but you complain more than everyone else combined.

 

Get a life! No more complaints from me than anyone else. The point was the refs were terrible both ways. Yes, it is easier to make calls watching film but when the play unfolds and it is right infront of you, that seems to be a very easy call also.

 

It is funny that when any team w/a winning program complains about anything we are sore losers but when the shoe is on the other foot no one says anything. I probably have been watching/involved w/H.S. football longer than you have been alive. Go to another thread if you can't take reading the truth. I think all the NCC fans would agree that it was a very poorly, lazy, uninterested crew that called the game.

3ptshooter Class is just wishing the other team the best without REPEATEDLY pointing how many different times the refs cost you. I did read all your posts and most of them complain about refs calls, and then say essentially "Good luck to the other team even though the refs killed us". Also, it's a lot easier to make calls after watching tape. Again, I didn't care who won, but you complain more than everyone else combined.

 

I have tried to stay out of this one . . . .but posts like this make it hard.

 

There is no written rule that class = wishing the winning team well ONLY. Matter of fact, that is a pretty poor perception of reality.

 

When you are physically and emotionally invested in the outcome of a game like this (and not really just a game--but a SEASON), a person has the right to make the type of comments that 3ptshooter has. He (as well as myself) have an intimate knowledge of the situation because we have lived and died with the outcome.

 

I could live with getting beat by a better team. From where I sit--the teams involved were pretty equal.

 

I have a hard time accepting the fact that there could/should have been a different outcome that had more to do with someone who wasn't a player in the actual game.

 

From where I sit, it has nothing to do with the other team. Beechwood didn't play their best game--but neither did the other team. It was a back and forth game. My problem with that is when the referees decide that they are going to become part of the outcome, that is something that needs to be pointed out--and it needs to be discussed for one reason = the KIDS on the field deserve better.

 

I have seen some very poor officiating this year across the board. (I have seen some good officiating as well).

 

The funny thing is--when coaches make bad decisions--they get blasted to kingdom come--and the people on message boards like this say that they have a right to make any comment that they want about those situations. When a coach says or does something stupid--everyone gets to hear about the discipline that they may/may not face. But, when a person questions a poor call from a referee, they are complaining. When a referee does a poor job--how are they held accountable? This is just about the only way. From where I sit, those are poor options on both sides.

 

At a place like Beechwood, there is a high standard for excellence. And there are more hours that go into that than you could begin to imagine (unless you are involved). It is one thing to get beat straight up. But when all those hours and all of that effort comes down to a referee who is inserting their self into the outcome of a game--it isn't easy--it is pathetic. And it comes down to this:

 

Referees may not be perfect--but they are paid to be perfect. And whether they are paid well or not--they accept those expectations when they step on the field. And I have met very few who do not strive for that every Friday night. The people responsible for this game did a poor job for both sides. And their mistakes cost one of the teams a chance at a win. I could understand if it was a close call (the TD that was called back), but it wasn't close. It wasn't close at all. Just like it wasn't close when Beechwood lined up in the same formation, with the same personnel, with the same referee standing right there making (or not making the call). The "fumble" was another missed call. I honestly could care less about that one--because there is no guarantee that Beechwood would have scored or would have won it with a field goal as opposed to having to go for 6.

 

So in conclusion, your post, in my opinion is out of line. The tape doesn't lie. The "observing" officials on the sidelines said it was a poor call. And it was.

 

From there--good luck to NCC. They won the game. I have confidence that they will represent our area well. But--that doesn't mean that I or 3ptshooter have to like the way it played out. That also isn't a shot at NCC. What you also fail to bring up is that the outcome/penalty is also an insult to NCC as well. They deserve an uncontroversial outcome the same way as Beechwood does.

Thanks for watching my back Quickslick, I couldn't have put it any better.

Wow, this had to be an extremely frustrating game to both teams. :eek:

Referees may not be perfect--but they are paid to be perfect. And whether they are paid well or not--they accept those expectations when they step on the field. And I have met very few who do not strive for that every Friday night.

Amen to that.

 

We're always looking for men (and women) who are willing to accept and follow through with those lofty expectations. Perhaps you know somebody who can improve the product you've seen recently on the field? Please PM me if you know anybody.

 

offside

3ptshooter Class is just wishing the other team the best without REPEATEDLY pointing how many different times the refs cost you. I did read all your posts and most of them complain about refs calls, and then say essentially "Good luck to the other team even though the refs killed us". Also, it's a lot easier to make calls after watching tape. Again, I didn't care who won, but you complain more than everyone else combined.

 

Well Rookie welcome to BGP first of all, and well it seems like you have struck a nerve with 3ptshooter and quickslick. But actually I know I kind of agree with you. Yeah at the end of the post they say best of luck NCC, but only after they go on and on about the refs. 3ptshooter made a point of it to get on this thread and talk about how he watched tape of the game, and how the refs were and talked mostly about those calls. He could have just kept it where it was, and not going back and talking about how he watched the tapes but he came back on here to discuss that... So I wouldn't say he was completely classless like you put, but I agree its definitely not taking the loss with with alot of class like the rest of the beechwood faithful. He is just kind of in between having class, and being classless..:thumb:

There were calls that hurt NCC as well. I seen 2 face mask penalties on third down that would have resulted in first downs for NCC. Then I seen them on the news that night as well, so I know they were true penalties. All I am saying is it went both ways. Those were just bad refs period. A well efficiated game would have been completely different, but know one knows who would have benifited from it. I think these are two even teams that played hard and someone else even said NCC outplayed Beechwood on both sides of the ball. NCC deserves to be where they are right now and now we have to worry about Raceland. Hopefully NCC and Beechwood keep playing in the regular season,because these really are some of the best games in the state to watch.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.