NCC 26 Beechwood 21

gametime

3pt and Quickslick,

Move on. There are missed calls in all games. From what I have seen Beechwood gets much more than their share of "good" calls. Beechwood is a huge favorite against almost every team they play. The refs know this too and I am guessing it soaks into their subconscious. Just wish NCC good luck and move on.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3pt and Quickslick,

Move on. There are missed calls in all games. From what I have seen Beechwood gets much more than their share of "good" calls. Beechwood is a huge favorite against almost every team they play. The refs know this too and I am guessing it soaks into their subconscious. Just wish NCC good luck and move on.

Okay, Dad . . . . thanks for reminding me to move on. . . . . .

A couple "quick" things before I "move on" . . .

1. Beechwood being a favorite in most of their games has nothing to do with it.

2. I definitely agree that most refs have it subconsiously ingrained in their mind that they are at a Beechwood game.

3. I don't know how many games you have been at--but I have RARELY seen a game called in Beechwood's favor in the past 8 years. If anything--there are plenty of guys who fit the definition of number 2.

4. The last time I checked--this was the game thread. I have been here for a while--and the game thread is usually for talking about the game. And the truth of the matter is--officiating (on both sides) had entirely too much to do with the outcome of the game. If you don't like that--then maybe you should find a different thread to read.

Offsides--I will say this--the refs from NKY seem to be on top of their game more than the jokers from other parts of the state.

I have never seen a NKY ref mark off a 5 yard penalty by giving the nonoffending team 6 yards. Then, arguing when it is brought to their attention! It was first down! No one even ran a play! (Then when the offense got a penalty--they only wanted to bring it back 5 yards. It would have been first and 9 . . . . . that is when I things started to get fishy for me).

And honestly--the truth of the matter is--I could care less if the winning team advances or not. Football is over for the team that I care about. And it is over because the outcome of the game was decided by someone other than the players on the field.

the game was decided by someone other than the players on the field.

That is what you want to teach your players. Good job.

Your comments speak for theirselves . . . . you are wrong--so you try to question the way that our players are taught. Your comments are not only bush--but they are pathetic. If you know me--then you can make those comments. But your comments speak to the fact that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I can assure you that our players were instructed properly--and as to what that direction is--frankly is none of your business. But I can tell you this, I am not going to lie to any kid that I am responsible for. And that is basically what your moronic statements are say.

But I have to wonder what the 3 year/39 Game starter thought when he went to the line, took steps backward to ensure that the wasn't on the line, looked at the ref to ask if he was off (which the ref agreed that the was off), run his route, watch his team mate catch the game winning score, then turn around to find out that there was a penalty was on him.

I wish I could lie to that kid--because it would probably be easier for him to accept that he was in violation by BEING on the line--but he wasn't. But you probably have trouble making that connection based on your pathetic comments.

Tell me genius--what could any of us teach him that would have told him different?

Answer: Nothing. It is what it is. If you don't like the thread--then maybe you should turn your attention in a different direction.

Thanks for the insults. You are very classy. I guess my comments hit a nerve with you.

Games are like life. Sometimes they are fair and sometimes they are not. Again, get over it.

Your comments were just as classy . . . . . . . you are no one to question the way that the kids are instructed at Beechwood. You have no clue.

You should try looking into the mirror before you comment on someone else.

"Games are like life . . . . ."

You are right--they are--that doesn't make it right. And honestly, if some other team gets this crew--or becomes aware that they have this crew, they need to learn from past experience of others (that is kind of like life also)--and make sure that those guys don't step foot on a field where a playoff game (or any other game) is conducted again.

Feel free to have the last word--and post any other silly comment that you want . . . . . I am through wasting my time arguing with someone who has no clue . . . . . .

Okay, Dad . . . . thanks for reminding me to move on. . . . . .

A couple "quick" things before I "move on" . . .

1. Beechwood being a favorite in most of their games has nothing to do with it.

2. I definitely agree that most refs have it subconsiously ingrained in their mind that they are at a Beechwood game.

3. I don't know how many games you have been at--but I have RARELY seen a game called in Beechwood's favor in the past 8 years. If anything--there are plenty of guys who fit the definition of number 2.

Wow your love for Beechwood must blind you to the fact that Beechwood does get most calls. I know I have seen many of beechwoods games against alot of different opponents, and I have also played in many of games against Beechwood, and to say that no game in 8 years have been called in Beechwoods favor it crazy. Anytime they play a team that is lower them, or should I say not at the top of the class like them, they usually get the calls. Because usually alot of these refs when reffing these games and knowing beechwood is better would give Beechwood the call, because if the other team makes a good play, then usually the ref ends up throwing a flag for something because they assume that the team must have done something illegal to get that good play against the great beechwood.....

There are not to many games of Beechwood that I have seen that the refs have gone against Beechwood. Its just some fans like you that apparently think Beechwood does everything perfect, and if they get flagged for something then it must be because the officials must be out to get you all or something...

I was at the game against NCC and I admit those officials was not good at all, but they were not good at all for both teams. So why dont you and 3ptshooter give it up, and show some class like the majority of Beechwood fans do...

Your comments speak for theirselves . . . . you are wrong--so you try to question the way that our players are taught. Your comments are not only bush--but they are pathetic. If you know me--then you can make those comments. But your comments speak to the fact that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I can assure you that our players were instructed properly--and as to what that direction is--frankly is none of your business. But I can tell you this, I am not going to lie to any kid that I am responsible for. And that is basically what your moronic statements are say.

But I have to wonder what the 3 year/39 Game starter thought when he went to the line, took steps backward to ensure that the wasn't on the line, looked at the ref to ask if he was off (which the ref agreed that the was off), run his route, watch his team mate catch the game winning score, then turn around to find out that there was a penalty was on him.

I wish I could lie to that kid--because it would probably be easier for him to accept that he was in violation by BEING on the line--but he wasn't. But you probably have trouble making that connection based on your pathetic comments.

Tell me genius--what could any of us teach him that would have told him different?

Answer: Nothing. It is what it is. If you don't like the thread--then maybe you should turn your attention in a different direction.

How do you all know that the ref threw the flag on that kid on that play? Im not trying to be smart, I just really curious because I just wanted to know if the ref told you all that or not?

The reason I say this is because I was at the game, and saw that play. But I was also at the Beechwood vs. Holy Cross game, and there was ATLEAST two times that I remember in that game that Beechwood got a penalty for having an illegal lineman down field. So your Beechwood team has had problems with having illegal lineman down field this year. I know I have not seen the film so I dont know for sure if it was or not, but I know the call doesn't surprise me because I saw them do it a few times against HC as well...

From the "rookie". Thanks to Futurecoach and jdg937 for backing my statements. Looks like we did strike a nerve, and Quickslick sure verified it by his comments to you. How inane some of them were tells you where he is coming from. Note he finally admitted he didn't care what happened to the winning team after all his "good luck" but comments earlier in the thread. As you put it so well, get over it.

I was not questioning the other coaches at Beechwood, just you. I would not want a crybaby like you coaching my kids.

This will be my last comment on this thread also. Like I said earlier when someone from a good program questions anything, they are complaining or crying as stated. When anyone else questions something, it is left alone.

I have learned throughout my career as a player/coach that no one likes a winner. Yes, I complained about the calls but I said both ways they were terrible, just two big calls against Beechwood that led to positive pts for NCC and negative pts for Beechwood.

People who know me, know that I will be right there cheering for NCC to win it all again for NKY. If we can't be there then it should be another NKY team playing.

As for futurecoach's question, the side judge on NCC side made the ineligible man down field call. He said he called it on #16, the slot, it was not a lineman. If you watched the game, you know we line up in double slot almost every play. The two wideouts are both seniors and have been there all yr. The slot even motioned to the side judge, I am off and he acknowledged that, then threw the flag. Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, I have access to game film and this is all evident and in plain view on the film.

The reason I brough up the game film was because in earlier posts I made reference that I would come back to this call after watching the film. I apologize for voicing my opinion but that is my right, so codemn me for that.

Some people have alot of nerve on this internet making accusations towards others regarding class. If they had any class they would not bring it up especially when they don't have a horse in the race. Some need to mind their own business and stay out of others especially if they have no clue to what is going on except for what they read.

I am not a Beechwood guy but if 3point shooter and quickslick are coaches there I think they should fight for their kids. I was not at the game so i will not comment on the game, but I think the definition of being classless is attacking someone in a situation in which you have no stake and you are just glad someone else is down like you are. I think th Beechwood program is one of the classiest in the state, and jealousy has reared it's ugly head in this thread.

Good Luck NCC and great season Beechwood.