NCC 26 Beechwood 21

gametime

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to Back, Good luck, the Tigers will be cheering for you. I said it earlier in another post who ever wins this game will be in the finals, NCC will be in the finals.

The called back TD will get reviewed over and over but will do no good except to send it to the state and make sure this crew does not get any playoff games again. It's a shame to think that crew is one of Lex best. Bad calls both ways.

NCC outplayed us on both sides of the ball except the last 2 min. Player of the game, field goal kicker.

My contention with the officials was not so much the calls (the man downfield was IMO legit and probably could have been called more only because when Elliot takes off out of the pocket he looks like he is going to run all the way and then stops on a dime and throws it) but with the management of the game.

Blow the whistle if you want to measure for a first down. Don't just stand there. Blow the whistle and throw the flag for a false start. It's pretty bad when the NCC players know they moved, stop and look at the ref and he just looks back. And when Beechwood was driving at the end of the game with precious seconds ticking away, don't change the football out and then drop the one coming in and then kick it and then dribble it and never stop the clock or blow the whistle. Mark off a penalty correctly maybe on the first try for once.

My contention with the officials was not so much the calls (the man downfield was IMO legit and probably could have been called more only because when Elliot takes off out of the pocket he looks like he is going to run all the way and then stops on a dime and throws it) but with the management of the game.

Blow the whistle if you want to measure for a first down. Don't just stand there. Blow the whistle and throw the flag for a false start. It's pretty bad when the NCC players know they moved, stop and look at the ref and he just looks back. And when Beechwood was driving at the end of the game with precious seconds ticking away, don't change the football out and then drop the one coming in and then kick it and then dribble it and never stop the clock or blow the whistle. Mark off a penalty correctly maybe on the first try for once.

Wow, sounds like it was bad. Wasn't there, and I only got to listen to about 3:00 of the game at the end, the link (nky.com) cut out.

Congratulations to the Breds. It was a tough fight, but the better men won tonight!

We stayed to watch all the boys leave the field. They truly won with class. Very gracious winners.

Take State:ylsuper:

That's VERY good to hear.

I'm sure it would be the same no matter which team won!

Congratulations to the Breds. It was a tough fight, but the better men won tonight!

We stayed to watch all the boys leave the field. Very gracious winners, on and off the field. Tons of class!

Take State Breds!:ylsuper:

The sad part is both teams have such respect for each other and this is the end of the playoff excitement.

Fortunately they will play in the regular season and those should be fun games even with no playoff implaications.

Great Game!!! Its a shame that a team has to lose a game like this because both teams played very hard.

The QB for Beechwood Elliot really impressed me on that last drive. I know on the last throw of the game he short hooped his receiver, but I hope people dont remember that throw, because he pretty much was the reason why they got into that position on the last drive. He had a couple very nice scrambles on that last drive. Then he threw one of the best deep out patterns I have ever seen in a high school game for about a 25 yard line gain. He then threw another perfect pass for another 20 yard gain on 4th and 20...I haven't even mentioned the perfect pass he threw on the td pass that got called back..Then finally the threw another perfect pass in the corner of the end zone that one of the beechwood players dropped that would have won the game. I know I picked NCC to win, but on that last drive Elliot really impressed me because he was making perfect passes all over the field to get them the chance to win the game...

Congrats to NCC on the win, and congrats to Beechwood on a great season...

The sad part is both teams have such respect for each other and this is the end of the playoff excitement.

Fortunately they will play in the regular season and those should be fun games even with no playoff implaications.

The best part about our rivalry is the mutual respect and incredible intensity with which we play each other. Win or lose, we knew we played our best, which made the ultimate championship worth all the more. Unfortunately, this great rivalry has been taken away from us.

Make no mistake, we wanted to beat you this year more than ever, but we didnt, fair and square.

Again, best of luck to the Breds (though I dont think you will need it). Keep on winning for Northern Ky. Bring home your last A Title, and go on to kick butt in AA!:ylsuper: