Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC 26 Beechwood 21

Featured Replies

Two things. The illegal man downfield wasn't a linemen. It was a receiver who was covered by a man farther down on the line of scrimmage. And on the 4th and 20 play where Elliot made an amazing throw, he was also 2-3 yards past the line of scrimmage. Great game by both teams. And what would the finale of this great rivalry be without some controversial calls?

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw Holding against Kiernan all night long and I don't think they called it once. Watching the highlights on the news I seen a facemask on chip burks and Vicars, which both were not called. I agree those Refs were horrible.

This crew had that beat.

 

First and ten Beechwood run of 4 yards. Minor face mask on NCC. Move the ball a yard put the ball in play. Blow the whistle and stop play. Look over at the down marker which was moved when they put the ball in play and move it another two yards because they don't know where the run actually ended.

Don't ever get together and see if anyone remembered the original spot, just kind of guess and figure 4 plus 3 is about the same as 4 plus 5.

 

 

Didnt they also use a illegal motion signal on a defensive offsides call on Beechwood?

First I would like to wish NCC the best of luck in the play-offs this year. I hope they win another title for their school, themselves, and NKY. This is my first year following Beechwood and 1A ball and I must say I have been impressed with all the teams and fans. I think that each team and their fans have been class acts win or loose. Alot of others can learn for them. Class players and fans, Thanks 1A schools.

 

Next I would like to thank the players and coaching staff for accepting my son at Beechwood. The players took him from day one and and treated him as if he had been with them all along. The senior class has taught him about being a Beechwood player and what they means. I look forward to the next 2 years and hope that he will follow in the tradition that is Beechwood football.

 

Thanks.

Next I would like to thank the players and coaching staff for accepting my son at Beechwood. The players took him from day one and and treated him as if he had been with them all along. The senior class has taught him about being a Beechwood player and what they means. I look forward to the next 2 years and hope that he will follow in the tradition that is Beechwood football.

 

Thanks.

 

 

Welcome aboard! Let's hit the weight room!:thumb:

Called or not the play was definately a fumble. But I would not be to sure the Tigers would have gotten the recovery.

 

 

Here is a crop of a later picture on this play. You can see the gloved hand on the ball is of an NCC player whos helmet you can also see. Not 100%, but as it was not ruled a fumble (dont know why) it makes no difference now. And in the end the team that won deserved to win and it was one exciting game to be at.

 

bch-ncc2-13.jpg

 

 

The BHS player came up w/the ball.

The BHS player came up w/the ball.
Did you read his post accompanying the picture?
Then you must not have been at the Holy Cross game last week. Offsetting unsportsmanship penalties were stepped off, first fifteen yards to the right, ball set down and then fifteen yards to the left and ball readied for play.

 

You have to be kidding. No way this actually happened. If so, it takes the cake, by a playoff crew.

Did you read his post accompanying the picture?

 

Yes and there was not a fumble called on this particular play. If it were a fumble BHS would have gotten the ball. Did you read my post. The Beechwood player, #52, came at the pile w/the ball. It was clearly a fumble and clearly recovered by BHS. What more should I say?

 

Unfortunately the game is over. Everyone there would agree it was a very poorly officiated game no matter who you were cheering for. I am sure this tape will be sent off to the state for them to review and this crew will not do another playoff game.

 

Marking off penalties in this game was a circus. They marked a 5 yd offside call 6 yds. How hard is it w/a permantly marked field to add and substract and place the ball. The rain didn't wash away the lines so not to confuse them.

Yes and there was not a fumble called on this particular play. If it were a fumble BHS would have gotten the ball. Did you read my post. The Beechwood player, #52, came at the pile w/the ball. It was clearly a fumble and clearly recovered by BHS. What more should I say?

 

Unfortunately the game is over. Everyone there would agree it was a very poorly officiated game no matter who you were cheering for. I am sure this tape will be sent off to the state for them to review and this crew will not do another playoff game.

 

Marking off penalties in this game was a circus. They marked a 5 yd offside call 6 yds. How hard is it w/a permantly marked field to add and substract and place the ball. The rain didn't wash away the lines so not to confuse them.

I was not there, but Da Man said that the NCC player had control of the ball on the ground before anyone else got there, meaning the play would be dead at that point. After the whistle blows the play dead if they got it it's irrelevant.

I don't read that post anywhere. I was there, actually on the field. This was not called a fumble and the BHS player came up w/the ball. #50 makes the tackle, the ball comes out after this picture, #52 recovers, he is the one you can see his left leg in the picture w/the taped/braced ankle, end of story.

 

This did not determine the outcome of the game. NCC outplayed BHS on both sides of the ball. I will comment later on the biggest call of the game tomorrow after reviewing the tape. From what I heard after the game, the call could have went either way, meaning, maybe it should not have been called at all. This came from a NCC coach.

OK, I said I would post today after watching the game film. I realize none of this matters except this tape will be sent to KHSAA for review and this ref crew should never ever get to do another playoff game as long as they live.

 

First, the fumble discussed, Vicars clearly fumbles the ball and it is recovered by BHS, no fumble called, field goal by NCC. Second and the biggest blown call I have ever seen was the ineligible rec. down field, Pete Kayiatos(#16) was in the slot, off the line of scrimmage w/Kevin Mitts(#34) out wide on the line. The side judge on NCC's side flaged #16 for ineligible rec down field. We lined up like this all night and all yr and Pete was clearly behind the line of scrimmage. This call resulted in NO TD for BHS w/32 sec remaining which would have gave us the lead 28-26 given we kicked the x-tra pt and not went for 2.

 

Oh well, I said I would report back w/the results, the film does not lie. We will be back next yr stronger than ever.

OK, I said I would post today after watching the game film. I realize none of this matters except this tape will be sent to KHSAA for review and this ref crew should never ever get to do another playoff game as long as they live.

 

First, the fumble discussed, Vicars clearly fumbles the ball and it is recovered by BHS, no fumble called, field goal by NCC. Second and the biggest blown call I have ever seen was the ineligible rec. down field, Pete Kayiatos(#16) was in the slot, off the line of scrimmage w/Kevin Mitts(#34) out wide on the line. The side judge on NCC's side flaged #16 for ineligible rec down field. We lined up like this all night and all yr and Pete was clearly behind the line of scrimmage. This call resulted in NO TD for BHS w/32 sec remaining which would have gave us the lead 28-26 given we kicked the x-tra pt and not went for 2.

 

Oh well, I said I would report back w/the results, the film does not lie. We will be back next yr stronger than ever.

 

You're saying they thought Pete was on the line and thus ineligible since Mitts was on the line out wide? Yow. I'd like to see the tape to see how close it was.

OK, I said I would post today after watching the game film. I realize none of this matters except this tape will be sent to KHSAA for review and this ref crew should never ever get to do another playoff game as long as they live.

 

First, the fumble discussed, Vicars clearly fumbles the ball and it is recovered by BHS, no fumble called, field goal by NCC. Second and the biggest blown call I have ever seen was the ineligible rec. down field, Pete Kayiatos(#16) was in the slot, off the line of scrimmage w/Kevin Mitts(#34) out wide on the line. The side judge on NCC's side flaged #16 for ineligible rec down field. We lined up like this all night and all yr and Pete was clearly behind the line of scrimmage. This call resulted in NO TD for BHS w/32 sec remaining which would have gave us the lead 28-26 given we kicked the x-tra pt and not went for 2.

 

Oh well, I said I would report back w/the results, the film does not lie. We will be back next yr stronger than ever.

 

Did you see all the holding calls not called. Also did you see all the face mask penalties not called.

Did you see all the holding calls not called. Also did you see all the face mask penalties not called.

 

 

I posted earlier that there were numerous calls missed both ways. The two I have pointed out were major calls that affected the outcome of the game.

 

A ref could call holding on every play, what's your point? If you watch Kiernan, he could get called every play as well as the BHS linemen. Only one face mask I saw not called.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.