Josh Gordon Traded to the Patriots

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showed up late Saturday the Browns where very unahppy with him.

In addition, he had apparently tweaked his hamstring the night before while filming a commercial late at night and he was "not acting like himself." This was how it was characterized after team doctors examined him, presumably for the hamstring injury but did they notice something else?

I think this means John Dorsey gave him a chance when he disappeared during the summer to go back to rehab but he wasn't going to get another. The Browns gave him more than enough opportunities. They have been extremely gracious to him.

Despite all his talent, is he smart enough to learn this offense and control his off field issues? Been some pretty good receivers that could not adapt to the Patriot way and not get on the field...Ocho Cinco comes to mind.

I recently listened to an interview with Carson Palmer on a podcast and Palmer was asked why Ocho didn’t work out in New England. His thought was that it wasn’t attitude or antics, but more so that Ocho was at his best when the offense moved fast and the Patriots had a slower, huddle up offense. He pointed out how in Cincy, they ran a lot of hurry up against man coverage which enabled Ocho to shine because he was a terrific route runner. In NE, it was a huddle up offense facing a lot more zone defense where his outstanding route running skills couldn’t shine as much.

I recently listened to an interview with Carson Palmer on a podcast and Palmer was asked why Ocho didn’t work out in New England. His thought was that it wasn’t attitude or antics, but more so that Ocho was at his best when the offense moved fast and the Patriots had a slower, huddle up offense. He pointed out how in Cincy, they ran a lot of hurry up against man coverage which enabled Ocho to shine because he was a terrific route runner. In NE, it was a huddle up offense facing a lot more zone defense where his outstanding route running skills couldn’t shine as much.

Pats run a lot of hurry-up offense. My understanding has always been that the Patriots system was too complex for Chad who was never known to be much of a football savant. He couldn't pick it up. I agree that I do not think it was an attitude or antic thing.

He might need to start with becoming Randy Moss .5 first. Plenty of Wrs have failed to grasp the NE playbook, nothing leads me to believing this guy will ever sniff half of his one hit wonder statistics.

Exactly. We are still holding on to what Gordon for a stretch of 2013 and believing he will fall right back into that, when we have no evidence that will be the case. I feel he is the most physically gifted receiver since that time, but it doesn't mean much with his lack of commitment to his trade.

Pats run a lot of hurry-up offense. My understanding has always been that the Patriots system was too complex for Chad who was never known to be much of a football savant. He couldn't pick it up. I agree that I do not think it was an attitude or antic thing.

That may be the case. Obviously Palmer's opinion was based on an outside view.

Possibly a teammate choosing not to throw Chad under the bus. Had always heard he was not able to learn their complex offense/reads and Brady gave up on him after numerous out of positions. A skill set like Chad's that didn't even get activated in a large % of games seems to speak to be out of sync with the Patriot Way.