Pierce says Rajon Rondo has a Natural Gift- Could be a Special Player

Exactly. From everything I've heard, Rondo not only clashed with Tubby, but all his teammates as well. Bottom line: Rondo didn't want to be at UK — he felt it was beneath him. And his oft-uninspired play showed it. He's where he wants to be now, and it is reflecting in his play.

:thumb: Well said. The NBA does cater to egos all too often.

I wish Rondo all the luck in the NBA. Hope he has a fantastic career.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must've missed the memo that the men and women are now in one league. This should make for an exciting year. Hopefully the men can beat the Lady Cats when they face off this year.

Read: What does the women's program have to do with anything?

If you don't think its a shocker that the UK women are ranked higher than the UK men in the preseason polls, then you know nothing about the UK Men's basketball program.

You obviously need to watch ESPN Classic sometime and watch the Celtics of the mid- to late-80's. I think you'll have a different opinion.

He never averaged 18 points. He was known for being a pretty good 3 point shooter and a scrapper/hustler. He wasn't a "talent" like Garnett for example. If Garnett had played the game the way Ainge did then he'd probably have 3 rings right now.

What does the way that people on the sight play have to do with Danny Ainge having talent?

Compared to me he has talent. Compared to Michael Jordan or Lebron James he doesn't. He wasn't extremely tall, athletic, or gifted. He was an average talent who made the most of what he had.

He never averaged 18 points. He was known for being a pretty good 3 point shooter and a scrapper/hustler. He wasn't a "talent" like Garnett for example. If Garnett had played the game the way Ainge did then he'd probably have 3 rings right now.

Being a talent can be defined by other things besides averaging 18 points. He was a team leader and played with as much heart as anyone ever has. He also averaged double figures on a team that has Bird, McHale, Parrish, and Johnson.

Being a talent can be defined by other things besides averaging 18 points. He was a team leader and played with as much heart as anyone ever has. He also averaged double figures on a team that has Bird, McHale, Parrish, and Johnson.

http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/aingedan.shtml

The numbers at the bottom scream average. He had a few above average years, but most years he was mediocre/average. He averaged 4 rebounds once and 6 assists twice. In a 14 year career he averaged 11.5 points, 4 assists, 2.7boards, and 1 steal a game.

The numbers at the bottom scream average. He had a few above average years, but most years he was mediocre/average. He averaged 4 rebounds once and 6 assists twice. In a 14 year career he averaged 11.5 points, 4 assists, 2.7boards, and 1 steal a game.

He also hit over 1,000 3-point shots and shot 40% from behind the 3-point line. I think he was a pretty good player.

Nothing spells average like 11.5 ppg. He was a great floor leader and teammate just not a great player, good but not great.

Rondo could have been one of the greatest... he just didn't have the heart to play hard on every possesion during his soph. year. I wish him the best in the ego-filled, me first NBA... he should fit in perfectly.

Maybe he had the heart and played as hard as he was allowed to play with in the system he was told to play. Maybe he knew that if they dribbled the ball for 28 seconds and then tried to take a bad shot and play good defense to win a game 60-59 they might have trouble winning games. Possibly he knew he was considered one of the best players on the USA team he played on the summer before and was promised while recruited they were going to run, but he was never given the chance to do that. At the same time someone who joined his recruiting class left, but was catered to b/c he was 6'10''. Maybe he thought the mysterious fax that Tubby found ruined their chances at running and winning games. That was the second of the three that left the school by the way. Maybe he realized that he would also get a chance to show his NBA worth in the summer and that NBA people thought he was being used wrong and that he was going to be a very good pro.

Maybe he had the heart and played as hard as he was allowed to play with in the system he was told to play. Maybe he knew that if they dribbled the ball for 28 seconds and then tried to take a bad shot and play good defense to win a game 60-59 they might have trouble winning games. Possibly he knew he was considered one of the best players on the USA team he played on the summer before and was promised while recruited they were going to run, but he was never given the chance to do that. At the same time someone who joined his recruiting class left, but was catered to b/c he was 6'10''. Maybe he thought the mysterious fax that Tubby found ruined their chances at running and winning games. That was the second of the three that left the school by the way. Maybe he realized that he would also get a chance to show his NBA worth in the summer and that NBA people thought he was being used wrong and that he was going to be a very good pro.

He was being used the wrong way in Tubby's system but that still doesn't take away the fact that he was selfish. Also Morris's situation had nothing to do with how Rondo should have approached games. Bottom line he quit after his freshman year. At least Morris had the guts to come back and play hard after he made a fool of himself.

Man if Tubby is that bad, I hate to think how the University of Michigan feels about Tom Brady being the backup. Don't get me wrong, I think that the UK men's team needs to take a good look at where they are and where they want to be. Some players, no matter how gifted, are going to be a problem.

:thumb:

Exactly. From everything I've heard, Rondo not only clashed with Tubby, but all his teammates as well. Bottom line: Rondo didn't want to be at UK — he felt it was beneath him. And his oft-uninspired play showed it. He's where he wants to be now, and it is reflecting in his play.

:thumb:

If you don't think its a shocker that the UK women are ranked higher than the UK men in the preseason polls, then you know nothing about the UK Men's basketball program.

Its really not a shocker, and I do know alot about the mens basketball program. The womens program is doing good, and thats a good thing. I mean there has been many women programs through the years that have been ahead of the men in the polls. Look at Dukes, UNC, and UCONN for example. They are big time men basketball programs too just like UK, but I guess if the women are ranked in front of them then that shows there is something wrong with the mens team...:rolleyes: