Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas Police Officer Tries To Enter Wrong Apartment, Fatally Shoots Resident

Featured Replies

Without seeing the layout of the building and/or floors it's tough to say if going to the wrong apartment makes sense. I could see if the floors all looked the same and apartment number wasn't clearly marked on the doors she could go to the wrong apartment. But like you I would think once her key didn't work she would notice pretty quickly she was in the wrong place. Also you would think even if they didn't know each other she would at least have seen him and maybe even know he lives in the building, unless one of them was fairly new to the building. Also would depend on how big the building was I guess.

 

I will say, I live in a big condo complex, but my building is only 12 units, with 4 units on 3 floors. I have lived there 2.5 years and I bet I could only pick people who live in 2 condos out of police lineup. And I couldn't pick any that live on my floor. I hear people next door, but I don't think I have ever seen any of them.

 

But I hate people and not very social. :sssh:

  • Replies 132
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta play the wait and see game at this point. She was still in uniform though. One of my first questions would be when did her shift end and when did the shooting take place.

The more I read the more I don’t want to know anymore. I think I am checking out of this one. Every new story stinks to high heaven.

  • Author

She's now claiming that the door was slightly ajar and that is how and why she entered and that he "did not follow her commands." She claims it was dark and she didn't realize it wasn't her apartment until after she turned the lights on. It does say that his apartment was directly above hers.

 

The Latest: Affidavit: Cop said neighbor's door was ajar | Fox News

She’s getting off, book it.

 

Didnt follow what commands? You walk in my place like that you’re lucky to be alive.

She's now claiming that the door was slightly ajar and that is how and why she entered and that he "did not follow her commands." She claims it was dark and she didn't realize it wasn't her apartment until after she turned the lights on. It does say that his apartment was directly above hers.

 

The Latest: Affidavit: Cop said neighbor's door was ajar | Fox News

 

Failed to follow her commands? Talk about a power trip....You’re off duty, no one is required to do as you say.

Failed to follow her commands? Talk about a power trip....You’re off duty, no one is required to do as you say.

 

I get what you're saying but that's not really how it works. Police officers don't wear anything other than a uniform to identify that they're working in a police capacity. That's the simple version of it.

  • Author
I get what you're saying but that's not really how it works. Police officers don't wear anything other than a uniform to identify that they're working in a police capacity. That's the simple version of it.

 

But are those commands valid when you agree illegally in someone else's home? I can't imagine they are, thus the manslaughter charge.

But are those commands valid when you agree illegally in someone else's home? I can't imagine they are, thus the manslaughter charge.

 

It's a moot point. If you break the law as an officer whether it be in an official or unofficial capacity you're still charged accordingly.

She's now claiming that the door was slightly ajar and that is how and why she entered and that he "did not follow her commands." She claims it was dark and she didn't realize it wasn't her apartment until after she turned the lights on. It does say that his apartment was directly above hers.

 

The Latest: Affidavit: Cop said neighbor's door was ajar | Fox News

That’s incredibly hard to believe unless she was intoxicated on some level

Failed to follow her commands? Talk about a power trip....You’re off duty, no one is required to do as you say.

 

Not to mention he wasn’t committing a crime obviously. Plus she was trespassing.

If she wasn't intoxicated and this wasn't done purposefully, then just imagine how "unaware" this lady was. And she's a cop. Think about that for a second.

If it was dark enough for her to not recognize that it wasn't her apartment (based upon furnishings, etc.), then it was easily dark enough for him to not recognize someone in uniform. Besides, if the apartment was dark, then the light from the hallway would've only backlit anybody coming through the door. Can't have your cake and eat it too, in this regard.

 

My initial thoughts are that a.) she was mentally "tired" upon arrival at the apartment building. Thought I had read she had come off a 15 hour shift. It's quite possible she was in auto-pilot mode afterwards. We've all done that, haven't we? b.) she likely went from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat when she found the door unlocked/ajar. Her adrenaline spike overrode any thoughts to step back and process what she was seeing/experiencing.

 

Unless there's something else that comes out, I think this is just a perfect storm of events that culminated in a tragic outcome. Right now, I don't think it was racially motivated, but neither do I put any blame on the victim. That's just ridiculous in this instance.

  • Author
If it was dark enough for her to not recognize that it wasn't her apartment (based upon furnishings, etc.), then it was easily dark enough for him to not recognize someone in uniform. Besides, if the apartment was dark, then the light from the hallway would've only backlit anybody coming through the door. Can't have your cake and eat it too, in this regard.

 

My initial thoughts are that a.) she was mentally "tired" upon arrival at the apartment building. Thought I had read she had come off a 15 hour shift. It's quite possible she was in auto-pilot mode afterwards. We've all done that, haven't we? b.) she likely went from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat when she found the door unlocked/ajar. Her adrenaline spike overrode any thoughts to step back and process what she was seeing/experiencing.

 

Unless there's something else that comes out, I think this is just a perfect storm of events that culminated in a tragic outcome. Right now, I don't think it was racially motivated, but neither do I put any blame on the victim. That's just ridiculous in this instance.

 

That's if her story is to be believed. Other witnesses heard her knock on the door and tell him to open it. The police moved for a manslaughter charge pretty quick for it to be just a tragic accident.

That's if her story is to be believed. Other witnesses heard her knock on the door and tell him to open it. The police moved for a manslaughter charge pretty quick for it to be just a tragic accident.

 

Oh, absolutely. It all hinges on what actually happened. Did she knock? Was the door ajar? Were the lights off in the apartment? All of that has an impact.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.