Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas Police Officer Tries To Enter Wrong Apartment, Fatally Shoots Resident

Featured Replies

The officer has been fired.

 

Dallas police officer Amber Guyger fired after fatally shooting neighbor Botham Jean

 

Curious what “engaged in adverse conduct when she was arrested for manslaughter,” means.

 

If it wasn't an accident, it's murder.

 

If it was an accident, she isn't very aware of her surroundings and doesn't need to be the police anymore.

 

If she beats the charge, she doesn't need to work in law enforcement anymore.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amber Guyger's 911 call reveals Dallas cop's state of mind after she shot her neighbor | wfaa.com

 

Posted its a link to the 911 call from Amber Guyger.

 

One thing is obvious from listening to the call. She should have never been in law enforcement. Somehow, there needs to be a better way to vet out the weak candidates.

 

Do you know what that departments process is right now? How in depth it is? What suggestions do you have to fix the process?

Do you know what that departments process is right now? How in depth it is? What suggestions do you have to fix the process?

 

I'm not a cop, nor have no desire to be.

 

She lost her surroundings. She said she was tired. Which means she had no "situational awareness" and her go to was to pull a gun and fire away.

 

My suggestion is that these candidates need to be run through a stressful, time consuming battery of field simulated situations. Not all policing can be taught on paper, and I'll guarantee that a lot of it is not.

 

A simple sorry...I was tired and showed up to the wrong apartment ain't going to cut it here.

I'm not a cop, nor have no desire to be.

 

She lost her surroundings. She said she was tired. Which means she had no "situational awareness" and her go to was to pull a gun and fire away.

 

My suggestion is that these candidates need to be run through a stressful, time consuming battery of field simulated situations. Not all policing can be taught on paper, and I'll guarantee that a lot of it is not.

 

A simple sorry...I was tired and showed up to the wrong apartment ain't going to cut it here.

 

I never defended her actions and never suggested you wanted to be a police officer.

 

How do you know they aren't put through stressful situations?

 

A simple sorry didnt work. She's been charged and a jury will decide her fate.

I never defended her actions and never suggested you wanted to be a police officer.

 

How do you know they aren't put through stressful situations?

 

A simple sorry didnt work. She's been charged and a jury will decide her fate.

 

Kentucky Windage never said you had defended her actions or had suggested that he wanted to be a police officer.

 

You suuure are touchy when it comes to any discussion of any wrongdoing by law enforcement officers though.

I'm not a cop, nor have no desire to be.

 

She lost her surroundings. She said she was tired. Which means she had no "situational awareness" and her go to was to pull a gun and fire away.

My suggestion is that these candidates need to be run through a stressful, time consuming battery of field simulated situations. Not all policing can be taught on paper, and I'll guarantee that a lot of it is not.

 

A simple sorry...I was tired and showed up to the wrong apartment ain't going to cut it here.

 

That's exactly what police academies do, they put officers in stressful training situations throughout training. No state certifies officers that just sit in a class room, that I've ever heard of.

 

The point is no amount of screening or training will find every deficiency.

That's exactly what police academies do, they put officers in stressful training situations throughout training. No state certifies officers that just sit in a class room, that I've ever heard of.

 

The point is no amount of screening or training will find every deficiency.

 

Well, there had to have been a gap in her training or she just wasn't "qualified"... but was still passed through the process to fill some quotas to meet hiring standards.

 

She shot without seeing any weapon or analyzing a threat. A well trained, disciplined officer wouldn't have pulled a weapon and shot without having situational awareness.

 

Also, in my previous reply to hb20...I was stating that I was not a cop because I wanted to allude to the fact that I was speaking from a point of blindness. I've never gone through the process.

Well, there had to have been a gap in her training or she just wasn't "qualified"... but was still passed through the process to fill some quotas to meet hiring standards.

 

She shot without seeing any weapon or analyzing a threat. A well trained, disciplined officer wouldn't have pulled a weapon and shot without having situational awareness.

 

Also, in my previous reply to hb20...I was stating that I was not a cop because I wanted to allude to the fact that I was speaking from a point of blindness. I've never gone through the process.

 

People can be well trained and qualified and still make mistakes. The fact that she screwed up doesn't mean something was missed or that she was even a bad cop. It just shows that anyone can have a lapse in judgment. Maybe she was a bad cop but my point is that under stress, pressure and exhaustion, that anyone can screw up...regardless of their training. Now she is being prosecuted for those mistakes.

 

A recent study says 250,000 people a year die due to mistakes made by doctors and nurses...they are among the most highly trained people in the country. Yet mistakes still happen.

If it wasn't an accident, it's murder.

 

If it was an accident, she isn't very aware of her surroundings and doesn't need to be the police anymore.

 

If she beats the charge, she doesn't need to work in law enforcement anymore.

 

This sums it up pretty well.

Kentucky Windage never said you had defended her actions or had suggested that he wanted to be a police officer.

 

You suuure are touchy when it comes to any discussion of any wrongdoing by law enforcement officers though.

 

When I initially read their post, I felt like KW may have thought I was defending the officer, I made it clear that I am not. It was no different than KW telling me they are not an officer...when I never insinuated they were.

 

I'm not touchy at all. I've made my feelings very clear on this subject, if you care to read, and they're not in support of the officer. I am basically wondering if Kentucky Windage has any knowledge of how the process works, since they're making claims that the process needs to change. Is that not a reasonable question?

Well, there had to have been a gap in her training or she just wasn't "qualified"... but was still passed through the process to fill some quotas to meet hiring standards.

 

She shot without seeing any weapon or analyzing a threat. A well trained, disciplined officer wouldn't have pulled a weapon and shot without having situational awareness.

 

Also, in my previous reply to hb20...I was stating that I was not a cop because I wanted to allude to the fact that I was speaking from a point of blindness. I've never gone through the process.

 

She made a terrible mistake that ended someone's life, her career and will likely put her in prison. No doubt about that. But if you can't even tell me what the process entails now, how can you say it needs to be changed? Sometimes people (police are still people after all) make mistakes. Police are no different. They will NEVER be perfect.

 

If you know of some flaw in the hiring process there, by all means I'm open to hearing about it.

Well, there had to have been a gap in her training or she just wasn't "qualified"... but was still passed through the process to fill some quotas to meet hiring standards.

 

She shot without seeing any weapon or analyzing a threat. A well trained, disciplined officer wouldn't have pulled a weapon and shot without having situational awareness.

 

Also, in my previous reply to hb20...I was stating that I was not a cop because I wanted to allude to the fact that I was speaking from a point of blindness. I've never gone through the process.

 

Also, do you know anything about these quotas you mention, or did you just make that up?

Also, do you know anything about these quotas you mention, or did you just make that up?

 

No. I don't. And I suppose I did. Not afraid to admit that I may be wrong.

 

And I suppose we could have had a good conversation and I could have learned something without the snideness.

 

And for the rest of the BGP world that was wondering... it turns out that there are no hiring quotas as it pertains to gender or at least nothing that I could find on the Google machine.

No. I don't. And I suppose I did. Not afraid to admit that I may be wrong.

 

And I suppose we could have had a good conversation and I could have learned something without the snideness.

 

And for the rest of the BGP world that was wondering... it turns out that there are no hiring quotas as it pertains to gender or at least nothing that I could find on the Google machine.

 

Asking someone if they're making something up is snidness?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.