Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Does Crying Make Someone Weak?

Featured Replies

Things that make me cry:

 

-Someone passing away.

-sporting events, championship moments

-Jimmy V and some of the other 30 for 30s

 

 

basically someone dying or sporting events.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes we cry over stuff that is dumb.

Example...

When Carl died on Walking Dead. Carl got on my nerves throughout the entirety of that show,but that got me for some reason.

 

Emotion is what separates us from rocks.

 

I don’t understand why we glorify anger in men and deride crying. :idunno:

 

May be the underlying culprit of huge problems we have today.

Memorable moments...

 

When my first grandfather died. Not that I loved him any more than my other grandfather but his death was the first of anyone that I was close too.

 

When our Golden Retriever died 2 years ago. Balled like a freaking baby. He had to be put to sleep and as soon as I see he took his last breath I lost it. Hell I'm about to start just typing about it.

 

Nothing else jumps to mind at the moment. I got emotional when my kids were born but didn't cry. I've gotten choked up at movies or TV shows but not cried. Didn't cry at any other funerals I can think of.

 

Come to think of it my wife might be right...maybe I am dead inside:idunno:

As far as the question in the OP, I don't think there is anything wrong with crying in general but I do think someone that cries too much or too easily has issues coping or controlling their emotions. I believe it is possible to be too emotional.

As far as the question in the OP, I don't think there is anything wrong with crying in general but I do think someone that cries too much or too easily has issues coping or controlling their emotions. I believe it is possible to be too emotional.

In your opinion, are there other ways of being too emotional, besides crying too much?

In your opinion, are there other ways of being too emotional, besides crying too much?

Sure. Anger for one.

So for you, death or something close to it is the only reason to cry. I think we can all agree those would be "good" times to cry.

 

As I've gotten older, I've found lots of things can make me emotional at any given time to where I might get a little misty. Do I bawl my eyes out? No, but I can get emotional pretty often if in the right scenario.

 

If I think of anything else I'll post it. Right now, I'm drawing a blank.

Sure. Anger for one.

 

Agreed.

 

As it relates to this thread, I just wanted to add that angry people are seldom seen as weak.

Oddly enough, I've never cried over the death of a loved one.

 

I have cried when my dog died a little over a year ago.

 

I've cried watching movies before.

 

I've cried reading/watching heart-warming stories about kids dealing with illnesses, etc.

 

I (almost) cried at the birth of my son.

 

As far as what's a good reason to cry? Whatever moves someone to tears is good enough for me.

 

The same with me, but everyone I have been close to that has died it was expected and I guess I had reconciled it. If a grandchild or child died, I would probably bawl uncontrollably.

 

I really do not cry a lot and I don't know why. It does not bother me when others cry. The few times I have cried have been stress related with work, kids, or family.

As it relates to this thread, I just wanted to add that angry people are seldom seen as weak.

 

Not necessarily. They seem unable to control their emotions so they are weak, to that degree. I am close to a person who can't seem to discuss things with people who disagree with him on political issues, religion, or just some of the smallest things, like who's ailment is more severe or whose job was more difficult (no kidding). He gets angrier as the discussion goes until he is yelling. Afterwards he seems okay but it is very childish to be unable to discuss something with another person unless that person agrees with his point of view. Seems bizarre to me. Has dampened more than a few family get-togethers.

Not necessarily. They seem unable to control their emotions so they are weak, to that degree. I am close to a person who can't seem to discuss things with people who disagree with him on political issues, religion, or just some of the smallest things, like who's ailment is more severe or whose job was more difficult (no kidding). He gets angrier as the discussion goes until he is yelling. Afterwards he seems okay but it is very childish to be unable to discuss something with another person unless that person agrees with his point of view. Seems bizarre to me. Has dampened more than a few family get-togethers.

That's why I said "seldom."

As it relates to this thread, I just wanted to add that angry people are seldom seen as weak.

 

Agreed.

I was about to post the same thing.

 

However, IMO, they are weak.

The idiot that gets in fights easily is as emotionally unstable as the person who needs a dedicated space to cry over the stress of his or her exams.

I have no problem with people crying.

 

It depends on why I guess.

 

If it’s a death I can see that.

 

If it’s over an election, SAD and no excuse.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.