Why Does Crying Make Someone Weak?

UKMustangFan

Overall, I think women are more emotional then men, so it's not so unusual for women to cry over things men don't. On average, anyway.

Interestingly enough, Google tells me according to Women's Health Magazine, in middle age men begin to cry more and get angry less, while women experience the exact opposite. This is due in large part to testosterone and estrogen, which begin to decline in men and women respectively and help to even out the playing field. That's likely why @cammando said "crying comes easier with age".

I think this is spot on! Though I do think both men and women get more mellow and sentimental with age.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some look at those that cry as weak. Anger is also an emotional response. Why are those that respond with that emotion not considered weak as well?

I'm saying women get angry. Often, men and women have different ways of expressing that anger. It's not like women don't get angry.

Men cry as well.

There's nothing wrong with crying every once in a while. I don't care what you cry about. However, (like someone else said) if you are crying because of stress every time someone walks by you at work, something is wrong.

Cry about whatever you want. I do not care. I do think it is hilarious and stupid to provide college students with a "cry closet" to go cry in before exams.