Four Killed By Nude Gunman At Nashville Waffle House

Run To State

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question above, there are now multiple reports of the capture. Here's a link to one of them, From the article:

Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking was carrying a firearm and a flashlight when he was arrested this afternoon, police said.

He had a silver Kimber semi-automatic weapon with .45 caliber ammunition, flashlight and holster on him. His wallet containing a Colorado ID was in his backpack, police said.

Waffle House shooting suspect captured: Live updates

I have not seen/heard anything - do you have a link?

I've been looking and can't find the full video that was on social media yesterday. Here is a part of it: https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/columnists/david-waters/2018/04/23/waters-waffle-house-hero-role-model-lawmakers/542189002/

In the full video, he talks about how he wasn't trying to be a hero, that he was just trying to save his own life. He's so genuine that it just resonated with me. If I happen to find a clip of it, I'll post it for you.

What law did he break?

As far as I can tell, none. If the cops gave the son's guns back to the father, there would be no legal reason why he couldn't give them back to his son.

According to Dana Loesch (whoever that is), 18 USC 922g.

If you ask me what that means, I'll probably slap you.

She is the spokesperson for the NRA if I am not mistaken.

What does that mean?

18 USC 922g is a law. I tried reading it, but it's like a novel. :lol2: I guess USC means United States Code or something, and not that Southern Cal is ranked 18th.

In this case 18 USC 922g is a law that the father could be charged with violating. I guess?

Anyway, I can't wait to slap you in the face.

What law did he break?

As far as I can tell, none. If the cops gave the son's guns back to the father, there would be no legal reason why he couldn't give them back to his son.

I'll have to see if I can find the story, but somewhere else I read that if you knowingly transfer weapons to someone that's prohibited from having them, it's a violation of federal law.

Now, what the definition of "transfer" is...I'll leave that up to the legal eagles to argue. But from what I understand, the father was told NOT to give the weapons back to his son, and said he'd comply.

So sad for the victims of this tragedy. Prayers are with them and their families. A great story hearing how that man possibly saved many more lives by his heroic actions.

What's crazy is I was in Nashville for my friends bachelors party exactly a month ago. We ended up at that waffle house twice while down there.

I'll have to see if I can find the story, but somewhere else I read that if you knowingly transfer weapons to someone that's prohibited from having them, it's a violation of federal law.

Now, what the definition of "transfer" is...I'll leave that up to the legal eagles to argue. But from what I understand, the father was told NOT to give the weapons back to his son, and said he'd comply.

Gotcha. That makes sense.