Trinity's Jay Scrubb to Aspire Academy

Seventh Region Player of the Year Jay Scrubb of Louisville Trinity has announced on his Twitter page that he will be attending Aspire Academy next year. Aspire Academy is in Louisville, having moved there from Phoenix about a year ago.

I hope he gets a chance as well, he can really play. I am a little confused though, maybe somebody can clarify for me. Aspire is housed in DeSales which is a high school, he is a senior and I assume graduating from Trinity. Is he just going to be taking some classes and studying for the ACT while at DeSales? Maybe retaking some classes for better grades? Or is he just going to be playing for Aspire and not attending DeSales classes? Just curious how this works in this situation, since DeSales per say doesn't have a post grad program that I am aware of.

Aspire Academy has a post-graduate program. I don't think he will be taking classes at DeSales. Rather, I think Aspire provides academic assistance in terms of preparing for and retaking the ACT or SAT, and I think there is an option of taking one or two college classes (although I am not sure exactly how that works).

Aspire Academy has a post-graduate program. I don't think he will be taking classes at DeSales. Rather, I think Aspire provides academic assistance in terms of preparing for and retaking the ACT or SAT, and I think there is an option of taking one or two college classes (although I am not sure exactly how that works).

Figured it was something of that sort, just wasn't sure. Thanks for the info. Hope he really puts the work in on the academic side and gets what he needs, because no doubt, he has all the skills you need on the basketball side. Best of luck to him.

Edited by bugatti

Aspire will have post grad next season. The coach is in place already. This is a good situation for Jay. Won’t have to leave home. He knew he’d have to go to prep. He said in an article in the newspaper awhile back that he had some old academic issues and wouldn’t be able to qualify out of high school.