Trinity's Jay Scrubb to Aspire Academy

Who is the coach at Aspire? He is getting HORRIBLE advice. According to NCAA Division 1 qualifying rules, you can only retake 1 core course once you've graduated high school. No chance to be a D1 qualifier. Juco is his only option. Completely wasting a year. Prep schools lie like crazy to kids and their families.

Who is the coach at Aspire? He is getting HORRIBLE advice. According to NCAA Division 1 qualifying rules, you can only retake 1 core course once you've graduated high school. No chance to be a D1 qualifier. Juco is his only option. Completely wasting a year. Prep schools lie like crazy to kids and their families.

Whoa Nellie...had to do that in honor of the late Keith Jackson. There are exceptions to that rule about replacing one grade. If you qualify under certain parameters you can replace three grades. I have no idea Jay's situation and whether he would qualify under the exceptions or if he even needs to replace 3 grades or not. But I do know there are conditions where you can replace 3 grades if you qualify. You also can prep for the ACT test and with the sliding scale a really high score on the test covers a lot of ground with your GPA. You may know his situation better than I do, but he might be able to replace 3 grades and not just 1.