Should Highlands request to play up in 5A for the 2019-2022 Football Seasons?

theguru

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a firm No on this.

The Highlands Football Program needs to get back on its feet.

Moving up into a loaded 5A would be very dangerous for Highlands and I believe it will eventually result in a coaching change.

I've read the administration and staff at Highlands are on the same page and starting a new chapter in Highlands football.

I've read the administration and staff at Highlands are on the same page and starting a new chapter in Highlands football.

If the Bluebirds continue to get their brains beat in, in 5A, that page will be missing from the book along with some coaches...

If the Bluebirds continue to get their brains beat in, in 5A, that page will be missing from the book along with some coaches...

Have they gotten their brains beat in by 5A teams? They got beat this year by a very good CovCath team and should have never lost to South Oldham. Would have set up a rematch with CovCath.

Last year was an outlier that you can throw out.

Year before that the only loss to 5A competition was Pulaski County who many thought Highlands had no chance to beat.

Just curious where the "get your brains" beat out comes from. If the results continue as they have the last few years then maybe a coaching change is the best thing that could happen.

Have they gotten their brains beat in by 5A teams? They got beat this year by a very good CovCath team and should have never lost to South Oldham. Would have set up a rematch with CovCath.

Last year was an outlier that you can throw out.

Year before that the only loss to 5A competition was Pulaski County who many thought Highlands had no chance to beat.

Just curious where the "get your brains" beat out comes from. If the results continue as they have the last few years then maybe a coaching change is the best thing that could happen.

But they did!

But they did!

And because they did (get beat by South Oldham) they luckily avoided getting their brains beat in by CovCath again.

Come on JOAT, let's focus on the Elephant in the Room, is Highlands really arrogant enough to play up in 5A again or is there some Deep State or Mafia involved in the decision to speed up the coaching change so many of them want?

Wow, it wasn’t that long ago that Highlands won a 5A title and I think they had won 4 in a row. Pretty sure it’s less than 10 years. Maybe 2010? There are many schools in 5A that would be lucky to get a sniff of the finals once in 20 years.

Highlands has played up whenever possible for as long as I can remember. They’ve had a couple rough years by Highlands standards. But why should they change direction now when everyone around the program seems to think talent depth is returning. The talent depth has been part of the problem the last couple of years.

There are questions about the coaching philosophy and culture changes that have gone on too. But that is supposedly about to change as well.

But taking a look at just the last couple of years, I can see how an outsider would think it’s time for a change.

And because they did (get beat by South Oldham) they luckily avoided getting their brains beat in by CovCath again.

Come on JOAT, let's focus on the Elephant in the Room, is Highlands really arrogant enough to play up in 5A again or is there some Deep State or Mafia involved in the decision to speed up the coaching change so many of them want?

They will be playing 5A if allowed IMO. They want to stay matched up with CovCath if at all possible. The coaching issue has more to do with "how" things have been done in and out of season which has led to "the" results IMO. Seems like more emphasis is being placed on the "little" things so far in the offseason, now lets see if it pays off in the long run. If it is more of the same old same old of the last 3 or 4 years then a coaching change NEEDS to happen.