Everything posted by FootballBobcat
-
2026 Oldham County Colonels
Welcome back Mike!! Looking forward to watching games on Pegasus!
-
College Football General Discussion (Quarterfinals)
If you look at the history of WKU quarterbacks, Coach Helton has always preferred portal quarterbacks with experience over any recruits. It will be interesting to see who he brings in now that their season is over.
-
CFP First Round: Miami 10 Texas A&M 3
The defenses played well. I just don’t know how well because I thought the quarterback play was not very good really. Too many missed opportunities, especially by the TA&M QB. He missed too many open receivers. The interception at the end of the game was a pass thrown behind the receiver.
-
CFP First Round: Miami 10 Texas A&M 3
Neither offense impresses me!
-
Which two teams are better? Vandy/Notre Dame or JMU/Tulane
Of course Vandy and ND are better. For the Tulane’s and JMU’s and all the other mid-majors, there needs to be a playoff tournament like the FCS has. They deserve to showcase their talent other than smaller bowl games. They just don’t have the resources or talent the big boys have to compete in the CFP.
-
College Football General Discussion (CFP First Round)
In years gone by I would agree that $250K was a drop in the bucket. But with the portal and NIL today, every dollar counts. That $250K can pay for a lot of lesser programs (golf, tennis, etc). That opens up dollars to bring in talent in your money making sports. I don’t care what your budget is, more dollars doesn’t hurt! As for other programs and how they felt, what’s their main gripe with Notre Dame. They are not in a conference. They don’t have to play in a conference championship game. They don’t share that $4 million dollars (more if they keep winning in the playoffs). They get to keep it all. And that AD leader has one vote, but he can have influence. Not saying he did do these things, but the way I’m reading about how ND was looked at, all angles have to be considered. And to be honest, I’m not a Notre Dame fan, but I wasn’t thrilled with his reasoning for excluding ND.
-
College Football General Discussion (CFP First Round)
Somehow Notre Dame losing to Miami by three points in the first game of the season is a big deal but no one wants to bring up Alabama losing badly to FSU because it was the first game of the season. This has a big money part to it. Each team gets $4 million dollars just for making the playoffs and shares it with their conference. The chairman of that selection board is the AD from Arkansas. They directly benefit from Alabama being in the CFP.
-
Collins at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
I’ll take OC in a close game, somehow someway, 45-42.
-
South Oldham at North Oldham Predictions/Updates
I believe South will be able to establish their running game and will score points. South has the edge there. North has the better passing game. But this game, to me, hinges on South’s front seven on defense stopping the run and getting after the QB and disrupting North’s passing game. That’s a big ask but that front seven is one of the Dragons strengths. South 27 North 24
-
North Oldham at Oldham County Predictions/Updates
I haven’t seen North play this year but I really like what I’ve seen from OC. Give me the Colonels by 10.
-
South Oldham at Eastern Predictions/Updates
I also believe South wins big. In the last game, however, the defense scored two of the TD’s. What I’m hoping to see is South open up the offense and show me a little more on that side of the ball. They have good athleticism on the offense—let’s see what they can do!
-
Oldham County 42 DeSales 21
I watched the first half and was impressed with OC. Their first drive took four running plays to score. The runs were out of the Wing-T and were run well. After that Coach Reed started mixing in different formations and concepts. The score at halftime was 28-7 but, as said above, two dropped passes left two TD’s on the field. OC’s offense has both a running and passing game and should only get better as the season progresses. The defense looked better as the first half went on. I too kept hearing Jess Officer’s name. I did like their discipline as tackles were made on the backside of the play by a defender who stayed home. Overall a very solid first game for the Colonels!!
-
South Oldham 26 Meade County 0
South Oldham looked very good in their first game. Defense played very well, particularly up front. Offensively the run game provided the majority of the yardage and that new line opened some nice holes. Overall a good opening night for the Dragons!! For me the unanswered questions focus on the passing game. I’d like to see more balance going forward with the passing game. I didn’t get a good feel where the passing game is at. Looking forward to seeing that part of the offense. Also, Meade County didn’t really get to challenge South’s pass defense. I would like to see them challenged and how they respond. I believe it could be a fun season in Crestwood!!
-
2025 South Oldham Dragons
Going to the scrimmage vs FD. It will be interesting to see where they are at now with new coaches along several new starters on offense! Also excited to see a few of the players our son played with on the 2015-2017 teams are now coaches! I’m getting old! ?
-
Your team’s biggest comeback and biggest collapse
In 2017, second round of the playoffs, South Oldham down 34-21 to Highlands with a minute left in the third quarter. Came back to win 35-34. Defense finally came together in the fourth quarter to shut them down. Passing game started to click to help the running game. In 2015, the Dragons came back as Fairdale took the lead with just over a minute left. The Dragons marched 65 yards in just under a minute and scored on a 37 yard TD pass from Drew Zaubi to Keenan John. That gave South Oldham their first District Championship since 1992!
-
2025 Cincinnati Bengals
Why are the Steelers up so high? They don’t have a QB! Vikings QB is unproven!
-
The Wing-T, championship offense or glass ceiling offense?
It can be done. Just need the right skill players. Need a QB who can run the triple option and throw the ball accurately. Need receivers who can block well and catch the ball. Need running backs who can run the option and line up as receivers, run routes and catch the ball. Not easy but can be done!
-
The Wing-T, championship offense or glass ceiling offense?
Now that Jamie Reed is bringing the Wing-T to Oldham County, let’s see what that does for the Colonels!! It will be very interesting to see what a new offensive scheme does for them. Coach Reed’s South Oldham teams incorporated some spread offense and, particularly in the 2015 and 2016 seasons, they were very hard to stop. Got to have the skill players to pull it off!
-
South Oldham vs. Danville Christian Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
This could be a fun game to watch!!
-
South Oldham vs. Danville Christian Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
How deep does DCA go? Will they play 3-4 players off the bench? Are they athletic? Can they take out one of the 7 footers and bring in a quicker player to defend the arc? Simpsons offense is quick passes to get a good shot around the 3point line. Sounds like DCA can defend the rim just fine.
-
South Oldham vs. Danville Christian Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)
I seem to remember South getting to the Elite Eight some years ago. They played a team that used a 4-1 defense. They had a huge guy in the middle and four players around the arc. Completely shut down the Dragons three point game and made it difficult to get close to the basket. It will be interesting to see what kind of defense DCA employs with their big men!
-
2025 South Oldham Dragons
The South Oldham offensive coaching staff will look different this season. Just found out that not only has Jamie Reed taken over as Head Coach of Oldham County, but QB coach Brad Heflin and OLine coach Carey Figg have joined the OC staff. They coached with Reed at South Oldham for several years. This is in no way a reflection on Coach Sam’s or the Dragon program. I believe those three coaches are good friends and just wanted to coach together again. I think those three are good coaches and people, and I wish them good luck, but my heart will always be with the Dragons first!!
-
Oldham County Hires Jamie Reed as Head Coach
Jamie Reed is a great coach and even better person. I believe he will do very well at OC!! As much as the Dragons hated to see him go, I wish him the best of luck (except when they play the Dragons!).
-
Wing-T Needed in Greater Louisville Area
I remember not 7-8 years ago that people wanted the wing-T outlawed. Thought it was obsolete and prevented teams from growing their players and programs into the modern game. South Oldham ran the wing-T with great success under coach Jamie Reed for years. To his credit he adopted more passing concepts depending on his players ability. At the collegiate level the service academies do a great job being competitive using this system. Watching today’s game at the college and pro level it seems to me concepts from the wing-T and the Single Wing (which we ran in high school in the 70’s) are being used a little more. If you have a dual threat QB that can read a defense and throw the ball you have a tough offense to defend. I believe a lot of schools that don’t have the numbers and/or the talent should look into using the wing-T and give their players a chance to compete!
-
South Oldham at Cooper Predictions/Updates
Dragons hanging in there! Hopefully they can keep it going!