Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oldham County 42 DeSales 21

Featured Replies

The Colonels defend their home turf in their opener, knocking off the DeSales Colts 42-21 in a Saturday night battle. It's the first win for coach Jamie Reed at the helm of Oldham County.

Was more impressed with Oldham County than I thought I would. The Colonels just flat out beat the Colts in nearly every facet of the game. Sr. QB Derek Dees lead that passing attack with confidence and poise. 

48 minutes ago, St. Matthews Boy said:

Was more impressed with Oldham County than I thought I would. The Colonels just flat out beat the Colts in nearly every facet of the game. Sr. QB Derek Dees lead that passing attack with confidence and poise. 

Made the trip up for this one and was impressed with the facilities, the crowd, and the team. Oldham County marched straight down the field and scored before DeSales did the exact same thing. After that, though, it was all Colonels. I honestly felt like Oldham left a couple of scores on the field in the second quarter. They seemed more interested in throwing deep instead of really establishing the running game with Corum. Might have been a situation where they knew they would win and were trying a few wrinkles. Another Colonel to keep an eye on is sophomore linebacker Jess Officer. He was in on every tackle; impressive player.

As for DeSales, there were preseason questions on the line of scrimmage and they're still there. Size didn't seem to be an issue, but more experience. Bischoff looked pretty good throwing and running, but he just didn't have the time to make it work. I think the Colts should be okay as the season progresses, though.

I watched the first half and was impressed with OC. Their first drive took four running plays to score. The runs were out of the Wing-T and were run well. After that Coach Reed started mixing in different formations and concepts. The score at halftime was 28-7 but, as said above, two dropped passes left two TD’s on the field. OC’s offense has both a running and passing game and should only get better as the season progresses. 
The defense looked better as the first half went on. I too kept hearing Jess Officer’s name. I did like their discipline as tackles were made on the backside of the play by a defender who stayed home. 
Overall a very solid first game for the Colonels!! 

Really surprised at the lopsidedness in this game.

OC is good, and played like it.

DeSales has work to do upfront on both sides of the line.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.