Should Highlands request to play up in 5A for the 2019-2022 Football Seasons?

theguru

I have to admit, I am perplexed by this debate. Highlands was a top 10 5A school this past season. Two seasons before they were in the 5A final four. Why does anyone think they should play 4A?

There is one and only one reason why people would say Highlands should play 4A - to make it easier to put another state title trophy in the case. To that I say, anyone who is arguing Highlands should play 4A had better not be someone who also argues about there being too many classes and complaining because everyone gets a trophy. If you are in favor of 4 classes in KY and also say Highlands should play 4A, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I am perplexed by this debate. Highlands was a top 10 5A school this past season. Two seasons before they were in the 5A final four. Why does anyone think they should play 4A?

There is one and only one reason why people would say Highlands should play 4A - to make it easier to put another state title trophy in the case. To that I say, anyone who is arguing Highlands should play 4A had better not be someone who also argues about there being too many classes and complaining because everyone gets a trophy. If you are in favor of 4 classes in KY and also say Highlands should play 4A, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

The only people that want Highlands to move down are the same folks that are enjoying seeing them get pounded.

To me, it has always been geographics first and if 5A has more teams in the immediate area to cut down on the travel then that is first choice.

Anyone that knows Highlands this has always been the first and foremost choice when determining which class they choose to play in. Never have I seen Highlands drop to a lower or for that matter a higher classification to avoid a certain team for a sake of a trophy...

Highlands should not play up in 5A. They need to stay in 4A where it seems they belong. It isn’t 2008 anymore and recent results suggest that the talent isn’t walking the hallways of Ft. Thomas like it used to. When I look at the new 5A schools and the new 4A schools I’m not sold that Highlands will be good enough to win 4A in 2019-2022 let alone 5A. I know folks will say more talent is on the way because people tell me that a lot about Highlands future on the football field. Seeing is believing. All the schools work harder now and all of the schools have improved coaching staffs. Highlands needs to stay in their lane and then go from there.

How dare you suggest the talent isn't there.

Highlands ALWAYS has the talent.

This is the dumbest question ever addressed. Yes, they absolutely should play up. The answer isn’t dropping class. It’s getting better. This team knows that! And they are up for the challenge. You wonder why kids are soft these days, it’s because the parents make decisions for them like telling them to back down when you get beat! Strive for excellence. Do what it takes to achieve it and let the chips fall where they may. I have no doubt this team will be fine in 5A and back to being a top team in NKY.

The same ones that attempted (and failed) to get him fired.

How dare you suggest the talent isn't there.

Highlands ALWAYS has the talent.

Child please! I like many, many people that wanted to see a change, not afraid to admit it my friend, want to see Highlands play up. Would be in the same boat in 4A or 5A.

Wow!!! So if Highlands drops to 4A and doesn’t work out or doesn’t fit BW coaching style etc do they just go ahead and drop to 3A the next go round...

I know you are being facetious, but for anyone unaware of the classification process, this isn't how it works! :lol2: