Should Highlands request to play up in 5A for the 2019-2022 Football Seasons?

theguru

Child please! I like many, many people that wanted to see a change, not afraid to admit it my friend, want to see Highlands play up. Would be in the same boat in 4A or 5A.

This is a good point. They won’t win it all in 5A or 4A so in that aspect I guess it doesn’t matter what classification they play in or who the coach is.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that makes no sense here is the talk that playing in 5A or 4A has some sort of effect on Weinrich keeping his job. Not real sure where exactly that is coming from or how it is being perceived.

Many close to the program have said it more than once, the results are an issue, but the biggest issue(s) have to do with how the "little" things were being done or in some cases not done at all.

Why 0%.

I am with Tdy on this one...

Are you suing that CovCath is unbeatable?

Has nothing to do with Cov Cath. I dont see them having anywhere close the talent they need to beat about 6 to 8 of the other teams that may be in 5A, not including Cov Cath.

There is a reason the KHSAA divides schools into class based on the number of male students in a school. Schools with a larger male population have a statistical number advantage over smaller schools.

So its impressive when a smaller school in class has success beating larger schools (higher class) around the state.

There is also the law of averages where sustaining this success is difficult.

I have also seen a shift in the way the larger schools have conditioned and prepared with better coaching that have leveled the playing field. You can visually see this in guys on the OL/DL. There a lot more big athletic guys in football shape now than I would see in years past.

What has also affected HHS is the coaching change since Dale left. This is BW's first Head coaching position where he is fully in charge and he is taking over a program after years of above average results.

If they play in 5A I would expect continued difficulties and a coaching change in the near future. If they play in 4A where there student male population is a fit based on the KHSAA class then I would expect the coach and team would have a higher probability of success.

This should not be about the coach or the egos of "we play up". It should be about the players and to give them the best chance to succeed against schools their same size. I would like to see them play in 4A unless the HHS Admin sees an economic reason to move to 5A.