Which QB would you draft if you were the Browns

Mike Silver, NFL Network, reported it on Twitter while bantering with someone. He had written an artcle or blog or something of the like. In it he said that Hue really wanted Jimmy G and tried to get Sashi to get him throughth summer, but Bill B would not trade with the Browns. He thought that would be a dead end for his QB's. I am not sure I buy BB doing that if the price in return was right. I also find it hard to believe he still holds a grudge against Cleveland, but who knows.

When Jimmy G was either traded or it was ineveitable to the Browns he would be traded to someone else, Hue turned his attention to AJ.

Mike Silver has a ggod relationship with Hue that goes back to his Oakland Raiders days.

Thank you I was just curious where you heard that. Makes sense.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying your wrong. But where did you hear or see Hue liked Jimmy G more? Or do you just assume he did?

The Browns tried repeatedly to get Jimmy G before the 2017 draft. Bill B would not trade him. It is not because BB still holds a grudge against Cleveland. New England has been a frequent trade partner with Cleveland for several years, for example LB Jamie Collins, Oct. of 2016.

The trade to send Jimmy G to San Fran occurring this October was done quickly and without giving anyone else a chance to make an offer. I believe this is because San Fran had something Bill B wanted, Brian Hoyer. BB knew Hoyer would be cut and when he was cut New England immediately picked him up as the backup QB. This is a familiar role for Hoyer and BB. This is where Hoyer got his start. BB knows Hoyer's capabilities and is comfortable with him running his offense.

Cleveland wasn't given a chance to make an offer to NE for Jimmy G. They could have easily matched it. Then it was discovered late that Cinci was willing to deal McCarron to Cleveland. The Browns and Bengals are NOT usual trade partners because they are in the same division. Apparently, Sashi Brown fumbled this opportunity and it was his last move in Cleveland.

So, I agree with @Bengal Maniac, Hue preferred Garropolo.

Me:Josh Allen Wyoming

He finished the year with just 1,812 yards and threw 16 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. A year removed from averaging 228.8 yards per game and 8.6 yards per attempt, Allen dipped to just 164.7 yards per game and 6.7 yards per attempt. He was also held under 100 yards passing in three games this season.

If someone drafts Josh Allen over Darnold, Rosen, Jackson or Mayfield they have rocks in their head. Heck, I may even take that gun-slinger from Stillwater, Rudolph, ahead of him. In fact, as I type this, yes, I would. What is going to benefit Allen is that there will be 1,377 Wentz comparisons over the next 3 months -- I'll smirk every time.

They surely haven't been up to now. Are they too cheap to get top talent in the front office? Why do you buy a team if you aren't willing to spend the money to do what's needed, why get in it? If you aren't gonna spend like Jerry Jones, don't expect the same results. Maybe I should have used a better example but, I trust you get my point.:sneaky:

Revenue sharing. There is no need to do what it takes and you still take home truck loads of money. The Hugh Culverhouse/Mike Brown way of running a NFL franchise.

He finished the year with just 1,812 yards and threw 16 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. A year removed from averaging 228.8 yards per game and 8.6 yards per attempt, Allen dipped to just 164.7 yards per game and 6.7 yards per attempt. He was also held under 100 yards passing in three games this season.

If someone drafts Josh Allen over Darnold, Rosen, Jackson or Mayfield they have rocks in their head. Heck, I may even take that gun-slinger from Stillwater, Rudolph, ahead of him. In fact, as I type this, yes, I would. What is going to benefit Allen is that there will be 1,377 Wentz comparisons over the next 3 months -- I'll smirk every time.

With a lot less talent around him.

I would draft Lamar Jackson in a heart beat. He is Mike Vick like. That is way good enough for me.

I could be wrong but after his performance today, he might want to stay another year and perfect his craft. Still believe he is one of (if not THE)most dynamic players in football, he just needs some work. But that's just my opinion.

He is more RG III like. I'll pass on Lamar.

RGIII didn't play qb the entire time he was a Baylor was he? I thought he came in as a receiver before moving to qb. Jackson has been there since day one. I think even with his flaws, he's still a better qb than Griffen. But even with that, he still needs to improve his game.