Which QB would you draft if you were the Browns

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think the Browns will try to sign AJ McCarron in the offseason?

Yes. Hue Jackson wanted him bad. He even took McCarron to talk to Haslem prior to the Bengals-Browns game. Lapham thought that was pretty brazen of Hue to do it out in the open like that.

No. I think they will pick another bust. Have not decided who I think that will be, it will give it some thought

I am watching that game too.

(I THINK THE BROWNS GO USC OR OKLAHOMA)

I do not see either being very good pro players, but both will be better than their last pick, at QB.

I think I'd try to figure out how to protect the QB before I went out and got another one who's career I was going to destroy. Trade down, get some linemen and who knows, a QB might fall into your lap. Dak Prescott was picked in the 4th was he not? Remember Rodgers sitting in the green room, where was Tom Brady drafted? The Browns could find a guy with out wasting a first round pick. Lord knows, they wasted more than enough picks.:bag:

This is what got the last personnel front-man fired--Sashi Brown. The Browns have traded down and stockpiled draft picks, 2-first round; 3-2nd round; 2-4th round; 2-5th round; 2-6th round; 1-7th round. They have stockpiled cap space to the tune of nearly 100 million dollars. NOW is the time to spend their capital and get some players!

It is possible that they get the top QB, a top WR, and a top RB all within the first 33 picks. They added several good lineman last season. Their left guard is a pro-bowl alternate. The wildcard was Joe Thomas getting hurt. I have my doubts about him coming back. But their line is much better than it was last season and when the Browns add another piece o two this offseason, it will be solid.

I think they add a veteran QB via free agency or trade and I think they go after McCarron. Haslem is out of patience. The new GM is going to be under orders to add TALENT and spending is not going to be the limiting factor... see cap space above. The last head of the front office did a good job of setting up the Browns for acquiring talent. He also acquired some talent of his own, despite Hue Jackson's and Ken Dorsey's comments to the contrary. The Browns are not that far away from turning this around. They need a QB (and possibly a coach--though I think Hue can be it). If things do not show real improvement in 2018, Jackson is gone.

They surely haven't been up to now. Are they too cheap to get top talent in the front office? Why do you buy a team if you aren't willing to spend the money to do what's needed, why get in it? If you aren't gonna spend like Jerry Jones, don't expect the same results. Maybe I should have used a better example but, I trust you get my point.:sneaky:

Have you been watching? Haslem has been very proactive. Some say too impatient. He has gone out and acquired some good people in the past that have not worked out. He has not given up. He continues to look for the best available people. Just two weeks ago he fired Sashi Brown and hired Ken Dorsey. Google Dorsey's track record with the Chiefs and Packers. Very effective. I assure you Haslem is not hoarding his money. He is out to build a winner. Whether he has the football smarts to make good decisions is up for discussion, but he is definitely doing whatever he thinks it will take to build a winner. He is a billionaire who is embarrassed by his inability to bring a winner to Cleveland in the short time that he has owned the team. You don't get to be a billionaire by passively watching your investments flounder. He is very prideful and will not let things continue to go bad in Cleveland.

As to selecting a QB in the first round... I think they go with Rosen or Darnold. Some have suggested the Heisman winner from Oklahoma but I have my doubts. He is too short and depends too much on his legs. Haslem and Jackson were burned by Mansel and despite the positive things Dorsey said about Baker Mayfield, they don't select him. BTW, Jackson likes QBs who are at least 6'2".

Yes. Hue Jackson wanted him bad. He even took McCarron to talk to Haslem prior to the Bengals-Browns game. Lapham thought that was pretty brazen of Hue to do it out in the open like that.

This is what got the last personnel front-man fired--Sashi Brown. The Browns have traded down and stockpiled draft picks, 2-first round; 3-2nd round; 2-4th round; 2-5th round; 2-6th round; 1-7th round. They have stockpiled cap space to the tune of nearly 100 million dollars. NOW is the time to spend their capital and get some players!

It is possible that they get the top QB, a top WR, and a top RB all within the first 33 picks. They added several good lineman last season. Their left guard is a pro-bowl alternate. The wildcard was Joe Thomas getting hurt. I have my doubts about him coming back. But their line is much better than it was last season and when the Browns add another piece o two this offseason, it will be solid.

I think they add a veteran QB via free agency or trade and I think they go after McCarron. Haslem is out of patience. The new GM is going to be under orders to add TALENT and spending is not going to be the limiting factor... see cap space above. The last head of the front office did a good job of setting up the Browns for acquiring talent. He also acquired some talent of his own, despite Hue Jackson's and Ken Dorsey's comments to the contrary. The Browns are not that far away from turning this around. They need a QB (and possibly a coach--though I think Hue can be it). If things do not show real improvement in 2018, Jackson is gone.

Have you been watching? Haslem has been very proactive. Some say too impatient. He has gone out and acquired some good people in the past that have not worked out. He has not given up. He continues to look for the best available people. Just two weeks ago he fired Sashi Brown and hired Ken Dorsey. Google Dorsey's track record with the Chiefs and Packers. Very effective. I assure you Haslem is not hoarding his money. He is out to build a winner. Whether he has the football smarts to make good decisions is up for discussion, but he is definitely doing whatever he thinks it will take to build a winner. He is a billionaire who is embarrassed by his inability to bring a winner to Cleveland in the short time that he has owned the team. You don't get to be a billionaire by passively watching your investments flounder. He is very prideful and will not let things continue to go bad in Cleveland.

As to selecting a QB in the first round... I think they go with Rosen or Darnold. Some have suggested the Heisman winner from Oklahoma but I have my doubts. He is too short and depends too much on his legs. Haslem and Jackson were burned by Mansel and despite the positive things Dorsey said about Baker Mayfield, they don't select him. BTW, Jackson likes QBs who are at least 6'2".

Mayfield depends to much on his legs? Huh?

None, I would play Kiser and stock my roster.

That's probably the smart answer, which means there is no way the Browns do it! :lol2:

I'm not sure any of these guys are sure fire Franchise QBs. If one is, he better pray they can build around him quickly.

The Browns already have a crap load of picks to stock their roster. They can get the top qb and still stock their roster with all the picks they have and 100 million dollars in cap space.

Honestly I think the Browns trade either their 1st or 5th pick since they will have two top 5 picks. This way they get their qb. Plus they would get a crap load of picks because many teams will want one of those qbs.

The Browns are in great shape honestly.

Cleveland could possibly have the first two picks in the draft. Maybe they will pull a sign and trade with AJ while handing over their pick from Houston.

How's that?

Currently the draft order looks like this:

1. Browns (0-14)

2. Giants (2-12)

3. Colts (3-11)

4. Browns via trade with Texans (4-10)

The Browns could wind up with the top two picks if...

1. The Texans lose their final two games (with their strength of schedule being lower than any other teams with the same record) and

2. Giants win final two games and

3. Colts win final two games

This scenario isn't so far-fetched.

see this article How the Browns can get the top two picks in the 2

Hue liked Jimmy G much more than AJ. I thnk he will take AJ, if he is a FA. He may not be one. If he is, he will get to choose his place. I don't thnk the Browns wll be at the top of his list. Denver, Buffalo, Jets, Cards, Giants are all better options

I'm not saying your wrong. But where did you hear or see Hue liked Jimmy G more? Or do you just assume he did?

I'm not saying your wrong. But where did you hear or see Hue liked Jimmy G more? Or do you just assume he did?

Mike Silver, NFL Network, reported it on Twitter while bantering with someone. He had written an artcle or blog or something of the like. In it he said that Hue really wanted Jimmy G and tried to get Sashi to get him throughth summer, but Bill B would not trade with the Browns. He thought that would be a dead end for his QB's. I am not sure I buy BB doing that if the price in return was right. I also find it hard to believe he still holds a grudge against Cleveland, but who knows.

When Jimmy G was either traded or it was ineveitable to the Browns he would be traded to someone else, Hue turned his attention to AJ.

Mike Silver has a ggod relationship with Hue that goes back to his Oakland Raiders days.