How Many Free Throws Out of 100 Could You Make?

Lawnboy13

How Many Could You Make?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Could You Make?

I agree, no one is making 90.

80 is really not THAT hard if you have any history at all hooping, but still would require a lot of focus.

Completely different challenge if you are running, obviously.

80/100 isn't impossible by any means, I just don't see the average Joe doing it consistently. Maybe your on one day and pull it off, like you said I think it would take a level of focus most of us just don't have anymore.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said 50/100. I took my son to the father son basketball camp at UK two summers ago. The last competition was free throws. I, someone who hadnt shot a free thrown since 8th grade ball 1996, made 7 of 10 at memorial coliseum with 100s of other dads looking on. I lost my group to a guy who made 9 out out 10. I still find it mind boggling that these college kids certainly pros and high school kids cant shoot better than me.

My testosterone is not raging this morning. I was actually honest with myself and said less than 50. I could probably hit 5-6 in a row during the sequence of 100, but over a period of time I would get tired and lose form. I'm not a former player.

You also have to consider the pressure variable. Say you get to 90 FTs or so and you are shooting at that 80% clip. Will that continue? If you have made 78 out of 98, will you make those last two?

As far as the half-court shot, Steph Curry came out from the crowd and missed on 10 straight half court shots at last year's All Star game. He is an ok shooter. If one can shoot 30% from mid court, you should be a millionaire on some kind of gambling circuit. No joke.

Of course BGPers think they can stroke 90%, most of them think they can hit major league pitching if they know what pitch is coming too. :lol2:

Can't do that but I can hit 90% from the line. I hit over 80% in college and when shooting around have hit up to 40-50 in a row numerous times.

1. No one on this site is hitting 90/100.

2. I'd be shocked if anyone hit 80/100.

3. Try running a sprints from one end of the court to the other between every 2 shots. Then see how many you hit.

Have faith my friend.

NO. WAY. I have no intentions of leaving my wife a widow and DLG's fatherless at this time. LOL

You also have to consider the pressure variable. Say you get to 90 FTs or so and you are shooting at that 80% clip. Will that continue? If you have made 78 out of 98, will you make those last two?

As far as the half-court shot, Steph Curry came out from the crowd and missed on 10 straight half court shots at last year's All Star game. He is an ok shooter. If one can shoot 30% from mid court, you should be a millionaire on some kind of gambling circuit. No joke.

When I was in my teens and shooting basketball for several hours a day, I would practice the half court shot all the time. I got to where I would consistently make 2 of 10(occasionally 3 ). Now, I don't know if I could even get it close to the rim.