How Many Free Throws Out of 100 Could You Make?

Lawnboy13

How Many Could You Make?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Could You Make?

After watching the Breds and Crusaders miss quite a few FT's tonight in their game, and reading that Highlands missed 10 of their last 11 FT's in a 1 point loss to Holmes, it got me thinking............Realistically, how many free throws out of 100 do you think you could make?

I told MentschTrachtGottLacht during the NewCath/St. Henry game, I could hit 90 of 100 free throws right now, and I haven't shot a basketball since shooting around at the Frankfort Convention Center during the All A State tourney.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the FT shooting that happened in both of those games was horrendous, and no excuses as they really ought to be doing better than that, I have to take into consideration that those guys are shooting while either winded or tired, whereas if I step up to the line to shoot 100, I'll no doubt be calm and relaxed.

Realistically speaking under calm circumstances while feeling good and loose, I think that I'd be capable 70% shooting.

When I'm shooting on a regular basis it takes no time at all to find my rhythm, yet if I go awhile without it'll take a few days of shooting to get my dominant arm to where it's not feeling strained and pained. Never even experienced such a thing as a kid, but then again never as a kid went months at a time without picking up a basketball.

While the FT shooting that happened in both of those games was horrendous, and no excuses as they really ought to be doing better than that, I have to take into consideration that those guys are shooting while either winded or tired, whereas if I step up to the line to shoot 100, I'll no doubt be calm and relaxed.

Good point, but come they should be in shape. LOL

90/100 puts you at number 6 all-time for a season in KHSAA history. And although they don't keep stats, I'd say 30% from half-court is about the same.

I don't believe either one of you guys.:lol2:

Once again, folks are likely to overestimate their abilities. NBA free throw percentage is roughly 70-75%. College is a little lower. And those guys shoot every single day. Now shooting under game conditions is much different than just standing at the line and shooting 100 straight. Once you find a rhythm, it’s much easier to shoot in non game conditions, although fatigue would become a problem later on. My guess is the best of us would shoot around 70% with maybe a couple outliers doing a little better. Most everybody else would probably be In the 50-60% range or worse. I don’t think anyone is even anywhere close to 90%.