Guilty until proved innocent, or Innocent until proven guilty?

jericho

You continue to make personal barbs. I am not going to play your game. It just makes you look bad.

Anyone that has read this thread knows that I stand with the victims.

This is nothing personal. This is just asking you some questions that making you uncomfortable cause you know where its headed. Feel free to ask me any you want. Im fair game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is titled " Guilty until proved innocent, or Innocent until proven guilty?" right. Thats what we are talking about correct? I have not talked the dreaded P word, I have not attacked anyone. I have asked hard questions about truth and getting to rightful justice. [h=1][/h]

The media is biased. Its no longer news, its agendas. Thats been proven, all you have to do is watch and this includes both sides. I think most sane people discount most of what they say unless they are reporting a hard story( something that has just happened). After that they have to dissect the info and have this analyst or that analyst to give their professional opinion of the subject is where this does not become news, its becomes slanted and not real news.

While I do not know if Roy Moore is guilty( and if he is he needs to get out of the race) but I do know that this smells of a hit job( and I agree with one of the above posters that it could be both). I also agree with @theguru that as soon as anyone is accused of anything they are automatically guilty. We live in a society where everyone is very quick to point out wrongs when they dont know the whole truth and facts. This is/has become a very bad trait of a nation.

Its now trial by media.

I thought that you were promoting that our society should dial it down from jumping to conclusions before having all the facts, but with your obvious leanings boldly displayed on your sleeve, It's pretty clear where you stand... and that statistically is 150% of the time depending on which foot the shoe is on. This is clear to see for anyone with eyes wide open... or for that matter, even while simply just squinting.

I thought that you were promoting that our society should dial it down from jumping to conclusions before having all the facts, but with your obvious leanings boldly displayed on your sleeve, It's pretty clear where you stand... and that statistically is 150% of the time depending on which foot the shoe is on. This is clear to see for anyone with eyes wide open... or for that matter, even while simply just squinting.

What thread have you been reading? I have said if he is guilty he needs to step aside. Ill ask you, whats your opinion? Of Moore or Franken?

What thread have you been reading? I have said if he is guilty he needs to step aside. Ill ask you, whats your opinion? Of Moore or Franken?

The thread where you've been adding chuckle worthy commentary.

If you call cushioning your take to cover your tracks while expiring most of your efforts with the obvious leaning towards "What if the accuser is lying?", "What if the accuser is lying?", "What if the accuser is lying?" as giving fair assessment to the situation, then maybe it's only you that can't see the obvious for being too close to yourself.

Regarding my opinion, since I don't personally know the accusers, or the accused I can't even begin to surmise. I've pondered it only because it's been in the news every time I've turned it on recently, and with that I've studied the possibilities from various sides, and can see where it could be one, or more of those various possibilities.

The Moore situation:

1. She could be lying, and timed this for political reasons

2. She could be telling the truth, and also timed this for political reasons

3. She could be telling the truth, and the current culture of women blowing the whistle on sexual offenders has emboldened her to speak out.

4. Moore could be telling the truth, and this is all meant to screw him politically.

5. Moore could be lying, but with no real proof figures what does he have to lose by denying it.

6. If somehow it is found that he is indeed lying, no question... he needs to go.

7. If she is indeed found out to be lying she needs to be arrested.

8. It's quite possible that we'll never know the truth.

9. People with an agenda can make up lies, and sadly can falsely destroy someone else's reputation.

10. Sadly women who have truly been abused often times are thought to be lying, and this is unfortunate.

11. The second women who came forward with Gloria Allred by her side... while she might be telling the truth, seemed to add a too ridiculous for words show that could be misconstrued as fake, and though it appears that Ms. Allred always goes to bat for women, I despise her for it feels too obvious that Ms. Allred always goes to bat for Ms. Allred.

It all felt ridiculously staged, and reminded me of the old Carol Burnett skit where she was asked by the news about something tragic that had happened, and she originally cried sincere tears, yet the news people kept wanting her to shoot more takes where it became ridiculous with her trying to recreate her initial tears.

12. It's quite possible that we'll never know the truth.

The Franken situation:

1. If he is sincerely sorry, he should have apologized to her a long time ago.

2. He did the right thing by apologizing, but we'll never know if he really means it, or is doing so to save his political career, or both.

3. She is an example of someone who is telling the truth, and the current culture of women blowing the whistle on sexual offenders has emboldened her to speak out.

4. He should step down... one... because it's the right thing to do, and two... to set an example to others to take responsibilities for their actions even if it means taking the heat when confronted with it no matter how much it might be an inconvenience to you, or your career.

Kind of off topic, but I think what's being overlooked is how messed up Hollywood is. All of these famous actors that the media tells us are full of wisdom and compassion when discussing certain topics, it's certainly comical at this point.

That would be an insightful comment if it was just a Hollywood problem. Unfortunately, it's an "all-industry" problem. And has been forever.