Are the KHSAA football playoffs...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if blowouts are the problem, what do you do when the blowouts continue to happen??

Contrast 2 games 1 week apart.

Seneca came to Trinity knowing they were going to get pounded and that they had no business being there. They wanted to be finished. You could see it in their body language as they warmed up.

Campbell County comes to Trinity full of _ and vinegar and really believe they are going to win the game. They wanted to be there and were disappointed when their season was over.

Both games were blowouts but one team actually wanted to play the game. That's the difference.

I'm not sure I understand......Trust me, I'm easily confused. If a sweet 16 for Basketball works, why can't it be done for Football ?? Doesn't it take the small school vs Large School out of the equation?

So you think a school with 300 kids can compete in football with a school with 1500+ kids? Football is more about numbers than any other sport. In basketball a team can have one or two studs and hang with most any team, even in baseball if you have a star pitcher you have a chance against anyone. In football 1 or 2 kids will never be able to carry a team to a win iver a team with 90 kids on the sidelines that can rotate fresh players every few plays. That's why the small school versus large school thing doesn't work in football. Yeah there are a handful of small schools that can beat low to mid level large schools, but has a whole even the best small schools would get killed by the best big schools...it wouldn't even be competitive.

I'm not sure I understand......Trust me, I'm easily confused. If a sweet 16 for Basketball works, why can't it be done for Football ?? Doesn't it take the small school vs Large School out of the equation?

I’d argue that basketball (and the other 1 class sports) needs to change their format more than football does.

I’m with those that have said to leave it at 6 classes but take only the top 2 teams from each district.

There are several teams still playing that would not have been in the playoffs if you only took the top 2 from each district.

If people really, really need to keep teams out of the playoffs, then I would suggest take the top 3 from each district and give round 1 byes for the #1 seeds. Butler fans sure would not be fans of that right now since they were a 4 seed.

There are several teams still playing that would not have been in the playoffs if you only took the top 2 from each district.

If people really, really need to keep teams out of the playoffs, then I would suggest take the top 3 from each district and give round 1 byes for the #1 seeds. Butler fans sure would not be fans of that right now since they were a 4 seed.

Butler should have taken care of business in the regular season IMO. If the KHSAA leaves it the way it is I’m not terribly opposed to it as it is similar to all the other sports. I would prefer top 2 which would help make a more competitive 1st round.

Butler should have taken care of business in the regular season IMO. If the KHSAA leaves it the way it is I’m not terribly opposed to it as it is similar to all the other sports. I would prefer top 2 which would help make a more competitive 1st round.

So you would be ok with a 9 and 1 team that got the 3 seed in a tiebreaker being out of the playoffs?